all the sheet metal looks like it's original, the deck lid has some pittingon the inner side, I was planning on taking the whole car down to metalplans changed.I know it needs some work . Become a member to add images to your comments. The owner supplies a great collection of photos, but he does admit that the color is inconsistent across the set. Today the model has gained recognition in the classic market, and values have begun to rise accordingly. Dont know why it would be any different for the restyled 70 and the new and completely different 429 385 series screamer version. Celebrating the 100,000th Bring a Trailer Auction! The Muskie clean air bill in 1970 and all its standards to be met clear into 80 was what put an end to this era of monster factory performance cars. Parcel shelf (fiberglass weave orsome such material)10. The 1970 and 1971 Mercury Cyclones. Please feel free to email any questions and Ill do my best to reply promptly, the reserve is set realistically and less than what Ive been told to ask for it from the national consignment shops. Did you mean to enter this number as a bid? During the 1970 model year, only 1,631 buyers slapped down their cash for a Cyclone Spoiler. Gary and his wife ended up on the bottom of a lake, rolled up in cyclone fence and concrete blocks. 1968 Plymouth Suburban. Missed it so much in fact that I bought a 1971 Spoiler in Competition Orange that Im restoring. For more info, read about our auctions or email us with any questions. Today, the Spoiler is recognized as a special car, and values have begun to rise steadily. . Extensive nut and bolt rotisserie restoration . 1970 Mercury Cyclone - 429 scj. That makes this car one of the rarest of what was a dying breed. Pop open the hood and nestled inside the beautifully detailed engine bay resides the original #s matching 429/375hp Super Cobra-Jet motor, lathered in Ford blue, and featuring Motorcraft & Autolite parts everywhere that meets the eye. This car is one of 341 Drag Pack Spoilers made in 1970. For sale is my 1970 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler. This V8 is backed by a 4-speed manual transmission, which channels the power to a 3.50 Traction-Lok rear end. ), what sets the XR-7G apart? The Cyclone was now available as a base model, GT, and Spoiler. Missed updates will be sent once your connection has been reestablished. The GT-E was a package that you could get on either the base Cougar or the XR-7, and was auto only. 1970 was the absolute pinnacle for Ford/Mercury when it came to creating asphalt-scorching muscle cars, and the 429 Super Cobra-Jet engine was at the heart of everything. (SOLD) Click link for more pics. (The Thunder Jet had lots of torque but lacked the top end breathing of a Cobra Jet,) Neither of these models were listed as available with the 429 Cobra Jet or 429 Super Cobra Jet in factory promotional material, but I've been told that Marti reports list 19 C Code, non-ram air cars built.The 1970 Spoiler featured a 429 Cobra Jet (CJ) or a 429 Super Cobra Jet (SCJ). Troy s, if you look at production numbers, total muscle car sales were already falling precipitously before the emission rules you mention came into effect. Options included a 370-hp, 429-cid V-8 engine and a 375-hp, Super CJ 429-cid engine. The gunsight grille is a hallmark of these cars. Lets start with the physical appearance of the car. Shame the car isnt as nice as it appears. 4-speed transmission . 4 speed works effortlessly with the close ratio gears. The Mercury Cyclone Spoiler Launched Into The NASCAR Battle When Cale Yarborough Won The Daytona 500 In 1968 In A Woods Brothers Cyclone. This absolutely perfect example was shipped from the factory on November 17, 1969, and delivered to Sesi Lincoln Mercury Inc., in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Bad to the bone!!! Here, finally was a body unique from that of the fastback Fords, a Coke-bottle shape with an individualized flavor. Well, by 1970 the Cyclone Hardtop was on the skids, with sales plummeting at an alarming rate. 1970 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler 429CI Cobra Jet, 4 speed manual Transmission, Trac loc Description: . 1970 Mercury Other Description: 1970 Super Cobra Jet Cyclone Spoiler for sale. Eggcrate for centerof taillight panel6. Also pw/dl should be fixed if a seller is asking 28k-likely just needs a fuse or switch. with power brakes which are disc at the front, as well as power You understand that false statements may subject you to criminal penalties. At 12 years old my cousin let me drive his 4-speed 429 Spoiler one mile down a dirt road on a hunting trip.I knew it was something special at the time but didnt know how much so till a few years later. View. The top-end Spoiler had the Ram-Air equipped 370-hp 429, which was an extra-cost option in its Ford Torino Cobra cousin. Oh wait, we do know they could havewitness the Pontiac 455 HO of 71-72 and then especially the SD-455 of 73-74. Dont profess to know everything about the XR-7G, but other than the hood scoop and emblems (sun roof? Now own a 71 GT 351 4-speed car in need of total restoration,got all the parts to complete. This model was NOT the one used in NASCAR that year which probably had an impact on the sales. ), think the GT-E has it beat. However, the SCJ was not available for the '71 model year.In addition, there is no proof that a 429 Boss motor was ever put in a Mercury Cyclone Spoiler by the factory, even though some early 1970 factory literature showed it as an option. Have not seen any stamped information on the block despite looking all over for it.. 429 Super Cobra jet, 4 barrell Holley, 4 speed close ratio transmission, oil cooler, Drag Pak car, 3.90 locker rear. The limited use over the past decade is best reflected in the interiors condition. https://cdn.barrett-jackson.com/staging/carlist/items/Fullsize/Cars/96087/96087_Front_3-4_Web.jpg. This was not due to any fault with the vehicle. Up for your consideration is an extremely and meticulously cared for rare muscle car, a 1970 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler 429 Cobra Jet Ram Air! According to Ford, all of this was good for a 5-hp increase over the standard 370hp 429 CJ engine, but the experts estimate that the true horsepower of the Drag Pack equipped 429 SCJ engine is much closer to 425-430 ponies! One of those cars is the Mercury Cyclone. 1971 Mercury Cyclone 1.00 1967 Mercury Cyclone 2.00 1966 Mercury Cyclone 1.00 1964 Mercury Cyclone 1.00. Still, that leaves fewer distractions and should allow the driver to focus on enjoying this classic. Radios with a digital display were not a Ford option in 1970. Getting the mundane stuff out of the way, the car is equipped with power steering and power brakes. Ram air intake plate, seal, flapper motor, or anything related13. I could never fit all the cars I WANT to own in my shop, so its better this way LOL. Note: This is a non-commercial website with no intention of copyright infringement. There aren't many similar results.View more, Copyright Artboard. You can walk around this car a hundred times and you will not find a single distraction. JBP are you logged in? Sign up for our free daily email and youll never miss another find: 13K-Mile Diesel! Verified Seller provides all vehicle specific information and modifications listed below. 4-speed. Shop millions of cars from over 22,500 dealers and find the perfect car. However, there has always been an overwhelming belief that they were probably quite frugal with the truth. Is it worth the effort? Therefore, it is no surprise to see that it still presents superbly, with no apparent signs of any deterioration in its shine. View car. No leaks or problems underneath, a small hose clamp on the powersteering lines needs to be replaced or monitored, it backs off occassionaly. Only thing wrong with these was how few were actually built, even that engine in a Torino would have been very rare. VIN 0H17C508519 | Lot #2106648 . Oil cooler adapter, grommets, and lines7. They simply have torque for days, and the Competition Handling Package helps keep it steady on the curves. In 1970, Vic Guilmino ordered a base Cyclone with the top-dog 429 Super Cobra Jet Ram Air engine. One shot looks to be a fairly rough repair to a torque box, while there is an unpainted repair to the floor that is also visible. Burger, while new emissions (and safety) regs did pose an engineering challenge, the development and production decisions are based on consumer demand. This 429 Super Cobra Jet engine is topped with 780CFM Holley carb and equipped with mechanical flat-tappet camshaft. The Cyclone GT came with a 351-cid/250-hp "Cleveland" V-8 with a two-barrel carburetor. Mercury really went out if their way on these G cars with all of the extras. 1970. These are damn quick cars, sort of the FoMoCo equivalent of a 1970 Buick GSX Stage 1. 2002 Miata LS Emerald Mica Daily driver. The new owner will receive the factory original Eminger invoice, original owners manual, original 1970 Mercury paint-chip leaflet, (2) original 1970 Mercury Cyclone brochures, (5) original 1970 Ford/Mercury shop manuals, and the framed Elite Marti Report. The 429 cj or scj would kill any street version 428 or 427. Apart from the cover on the wheel, I cant spot any aftermarket additions, and the seller doesnt mention any in the listing. Exotic Car Trader is the best website to sell a car by owner. If so please use the bidding box above. 429 super cobra jet. Center gunsight grille ('71 is different from '70)8. Merc-O-Matic automatic transmission. BTW Im disappointed with Barn Finds for apparently not allowing posters to include images anymore. The Competition Yellow paint is simply flawless, w/ a brilliant shine that literally explodes in the sunlight, and all of the chrome & stainless-steel trim is in show-quality condition. Now, about the underside of the car. Find 6 used Mercury Cyclone as low as $15,000 on Carsforsale.com. Terms of Use, Your Privacy Choices Sign up for our free daily email and youll never miss another find: 13K-Mile Diesel! I can opt out at any time. Which also had a love it or hate itgrille. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. If you were hoping that the Cyclone is a numbers-matching classic, I do have some bad news. The brake components, brake lines, power steering pump, hoses, ball joints, suspension bushings, and shock absorbers are said to have been replaced during current ownership. What surprises me is how long the current high performance car market has lingered. Repainted in its original and very 60s/70s Competition Yellow http://www.ClassicCarBuyingSecrets.com Click now for an instant download on "How to Avoid the 7 Deadliest Mistakes of Buying a Classic Car Online"!To see ov. /^ = and up. RULES: No profanity, politics, or personal attacks. Paired to the 3.00 Traction-Lok Someone was kidding someone there! MI/USA - JUNE 19, 2022: Close-up of a 1970 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler 429 SCJ hood, EyesOn Design car show, near Detroit, Michigan. The GT-E had the distinctive trim that almost circled the car, with argent paint on the lower parts and special emblems. Become a member to add images to your comments. -Car Location: Georgia-Reported to be 1 of 7 cars w/ A/C and AM radio-This Car was ordered w/: C-6 Merc-O-Matic transmission, Traction-lok Diff, G78 x 14 Belted tires, white side wall tires, Console, Power front disc brakes, Power steering, Air conditioner, AM Radio, Tinted Glass - Complete-Car was built on September 8, 1969 (three days behind schedule)-3.00 Traction-lok Rear Axle-237 miles on build-Complete frame off nut and bolt restoration-Build started in 2015 and completed in 2019-Highly collectible -Enthusiast owned-Marti Report Available. When the restoration was performed, the camshaft was given an upgrade. More Used Mercury Cyclones For Sale by Owner. Why? That meant it shared some seriously large power, while having its own unique styling and Mercury's lower production numbers. Cyclone sales by trim type were as follows: 1,695 base models, 10,170 Cyclone GTs, and 1,631 Cyclone Spoilers. Many of these were Fords including Mach 1s and a 68 Shelby GT500KR. 1970 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler C-code 429 SCJ Drag Pack Cobra Jet Dash Frame. I get to tease and play with them, but there is no feeding them, no cleaning up the poop, no taking them on runs, to the lake, etc. The undercarriage is as nice as the topside of the car, featuring correct red oxide paint, and brand new components from front to back, including every nut, bolt & washer (see photos). Original parts are scarce andin high demand. Suspendisse varius enim in eros elementum tristique. With only 1,631 produced in 1970 for the world, it w. Throughout Mercurys 73 years of automobile history they have produced Underside has been cleansed and resprayed, with new bushings and heims where needed. The Mercury Cyclone is an automobile that was marketed by the Mercury division of Ford from 1964 to 1971. Have checked the casting codes on block and heads and they suggest the motor was built a few months prior to the car, as was customary. They are often interconnected in interesting ways. steering. It was renamed the Cylone and became . This consent is not a condition of any purchase. The owner says that the car has undergone a recent tune-up and that it runs really well. We are partnered with a company called Lemon Squad that will send a ASE Certified mechanic to do a multi-point inspection. The replacement 429ci Cobra Jet V8 was reportedly installed during previous ownership, and it is equipped with a Holley 750 four-barrel carburetor. The 428CJ GT-E Cougar was available with a 4 speed. Chassis recently redone, lubed and in great shape. Not many I bet. This is a largely original car, the proverbial survivor. Used Mercury Cyclone For Sale By Year. Its a shame its not the original engine. The 429 SCJ motor is linked to the original Toploader close-ratio 4-speed manual transmission, which feeds power to the 3.91 Traction-Lok rear end. So, when I previously stated extremely rare, I stand by my statement 100%. By submitting this credit application, you certify that the information provided on the application is, to the best of your knowledge, complete and accurate. It is a stick car. Features include a functional Ram Air hood scoop, a protruding front grille, a blacked-out tail panel, front and rear spoilers, polished wheel-arch moldings, dual racing mirrors, black Cyclone Spoiler graphics, and a dual-outlet exhaust system that exits below the rear bumper. Unlikely to see another one at Cars & Coffee. The car spent time in Washington State before it was acquired by the seller in 2019, and subsequent refurbishment work reportedly consisted of stripping and repainting the body orange, refurbishing the interior with black and houndstooth upholstery, re-chroming the bumpers, refreshing the chrome trim, and replacing the windshield, radiator, power steering pump, and brake and suspension components. AM/FM radio with correct Montego script11. With the reserve met, the new home is only days away for this Mighty Merc. Your submission has been received! She now sits on our showroom floor here in Saint George, Utah, and looks just as perfect as she did 51 years ago, when she arrived brand new @ Sesi Lincoln Mercury. Currently, the car has a 1970 Cobra Jet moto . To my taste, the 66-67 period of angular, crisp body lines and much more open seating/interiors was the pinnacle of what a car should be and look like. But man, did it scoot. Our Peer to Peer car-selling platform makes buying and selling cars easy and convenient for everyone involved. After an original specimen showed up at the Ford's 100th anniversary celebration, accompanied by a bill of sale, many journalists had to backtrack after calling the series an urban myth. highly sought after for collectors and enthusiasts alike. In this period, I was dismayed at the trend of carmakers to make thick interiors, with body hugging cockpits and seating that felt like taking the living room couch out for a drive. And it looks more like a cassette player to me than an 8 track. No-one has ever conclusively been able to determine why sales were low, but plenty have put forth various reasons that sound plausible. The Cyclone has recently been fitted with a new set of 15 Magnum 500 wheels in place of the 14 items. That makes the 1971 Cyclone Spoiler one of the very rarest regular production muscle cars ever assembled. 1970 XR-7 Hard top White & Ginger. Now, that engine is the 429ci Super Cobras Jet, and this is hooked to a C6 automatic transmission, with power finding its way to the bitumen via 3.91 Traction-Lok rear end. Up for your consideration is an extremely and meticulously cared for rare muscle car, a 1970 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler 429 Cobra Jet Ram Air! Your submission has been received! If it ain't broken, Modify it! Find Used Mercury Cyclone Classic Cars For Sale (with Photos). True when you look at the compression ratio changes in GM and Chrysler, not so for the Ford family with the 429 Cobra Jet. Question of the Week: What's the Best Factory-Turbocharged Car? Spirited bidding has pushed the price along to $39,500. Picked up the SuperBird instead. This car meant business, with a touch of Mercury class. The Black Badassed & fast! FoMoCo usedthis body shell for only two years. Looks like the offer you entered was a little bit too low. The three-spoke Rim Blow steering wheel frames a 140-mph speedometer, fuel-level gauge, and electric clock. Get the best deals on Parts & Accessories for Mercury Cyclone when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Manual. When they do, a pristine example can sell for $85,000 or more. Congratulations! . Geeeeeeeeeze I love this car. Might be more rare, but thought we were discussing coolest. All comes down to personal preferences! THIS VEHICLE HAS A THIRD PARTY INSPECTION REPORT AVAILABLE. Correctly colored comfort weave vinyl upholestry9. In top-of-the-line Spoiler trim, only a few over 1631 were built in 1970 and only 353 in 1971. of produced with 429 in Competition Yellow with White interior. $54.35 shipping. The refurbishment is said to have consisted of re-chroming the bumpers and refreshing the chrome trim and wheel moldings as well as replacing the windshield and doors. So i can just as good save these 115$ and sneak in for free. Way worse designs than this have come out of Detroit, both before and (particularly) after, Maybe not having the original motor may be a blessing for the guy who could care less about counting beans and more about driving it, someone may not have the extra money. The leading edge of the front fenders also jutted forward, ultimately creating a very pronounced W from above. The Drag Pack was also a standard addition to the the 429 SCJ engine advertised at 370 horsepower controlled by a 4-speed. If I include my phone number, I agree to receive calls and text messages (including via automation). Date (recent) Price(highest first) Price . Factory options include: Competition Yellow Paint, Black Comfortweave Vinyl Hi-Back Bucket Seats, 429ci Super Cobra-Jet Engine, 3.91 Traction-Lok Axle (Drag Pack), 4-Speed Close Ratio Transmission, Competition Handling Package, Dual Racing Mirrors, Courtesy Light Group, Electric Clock, G78 x 14 White Sidewall Tires, Power Front Disc Brakes, Rear Window Defogger, Am Radio, Dual Rear Seat Speakers, Tinted Glass-Complete, and Tachometer Instrumentation Group. The 1970 Mercury Cyclone was available with a few option packages. It is being sold on transferable New York registration. 1970 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler Boss 429 Super Drag Pak 4-speed (man. The 429CJ was optional, with some of the bottom end upgrades of the '70 SCJ. This car comes with all relevant badges and logos on the body This car is one of 341 Drag Pack Spoilers made in 1970. This Cyclone GT was a 15,300 original-mile car when she underwent the comprehensive nut & bolt rotisserie restoration that was just completed in 2020. There aren't many similar results. Sales were low because they were stone ugly.By far the worst looking front end to come out of Detroit. . All rights reserved. My favorite part is the canted gauge package, and Im fine with the gunsight grille. Another often cited reason is the aging of the baby boomers, but that has been shown to be a fallacy, as the peak birth years meant that the majority of the baby boomers didnt even reach driving age(much less car-buying age) until after the end of the muscle car era. A no-expense spared, nut & bolt rotisserie restoration was recently completed on this outstanding machine, and the final result is nothing short of breath-taking! Brake booster being rusted not a good look. They simply have torque for days, and the Competition Handling Package helps keep it steady on the curves. Make an offer on this 1970 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler 429 listed with Exotic Car Trader, the best platform to buy, sell, and trade your Exotic, Collector, and Classic Vehicles. Still gotta disagree with you. New Flowmaster mufflers offer an exceptionally good sound. Sign up to be notified when this vehicle or one similar is available. If you win the auction, your card will be charged for the service fee and you pay the seller directly for the vehicle. Pop open the hood and nestled inside the beautifully detailed engine bay resides the original #s matching 429/375hp Super Cobra-Jet motor, lathered in Ford blue, and featuring Motorcraft & Autolite parts everywhere that meets the eye. Not sure why the conversation about cars like this always turns to which is faster or better. A beautiful numbers matching Grabber Blue 1970 Mercury Cyclone Spolier, with all the best original FOMOCO speed parts and only 46000 miles. Even a GM guy has to see this for the beauty that it is.Grabber Blue,competition blue whatever,over white is epic.Valuation aside,Id have this over a Boss 9 any day.I too,worry about rust. I cant express how awesome it feels sitting in those hi-back bucket seats w/ your right hand firmly gripping the Hurst shifter, while looking out over that massive scooped hood. Equipment includes a Hurst T-handle shifter, trunk prop rod, heater, lockable glovebox, crank windows, black rubber floor mats, and lap belts. The Cyclone features the 429 Cobra Jet V8, which was claimed to produce 370hp. A dual 2.5 exhaust system is installed. Please look closely at the photos to see how perfect this interior truly is. Clean,solid,4-speed,big block 429 power.Mercury had their own look a few years,some are getting closer to Mopar money. By submitting my contact information through Exotic Car Trader, I agree to receive communications from Exotic Car Trader and from Exotic Car Traders partners. This vehicle is currently off the market. OEM Mercury vintage wheels which are wrapped in BFGoodrich radial T/A Still gotta disagree. Of those, 13,496 were built as two-door Cyclone hardtops, or just 11.24 percent of production. Upcoming Auction; Scottsdale 2023; Collector Car Preview; Auctions . That would tell me that this could be a pretty canny buy. All the back and forth about Cougars with such a rare street sweeper like this Cyclonehmm, okay Ill throw in my two worthless cents. Its is reported to be one of only seven cars This is a re-list after the vehicle was previously sold on BaT in May 2022 and the winning bidder failed to follow through with their commitment to purchase. It is an original 1969 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler 428 CJ Ram Air Drag Pack Dan Gurney Special. This takes a big bite out of price. As 1-of-341 Cyclones optioned with the 429 SCJ/Drag pack, it is a pretty special piece of machinery, and while there will be some restoration work required, it looks to be a fairly original survivor. If you don't win, the pre-authorization will be released. Thats always cool in my book. Or, if you would like more information, please fill out the information below, and an ECTVehicle Specialist will reach out. The engine block is date-coded for 1971, while the Ram Air intake base is a reproduction item. Thanks, a representative will reach out to you shortly. Seems like a nice car for the price but would need to thoroughly check out the rust situation. Checking for missed updates, BaT Auction Success Story: An NSX Rounds Out the Stable. The second reason was insurance. If you are looking Literature also stated there was an additional hood scoop over the master cylinderwhich may have been necessary when the reservoir was re-located to clear the Boss valve covers. I had a 1970 Spoiler in Competition Blue like this one that I restored back in the early 1980s. This 1970 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler surely has the looks, but is as fascinating in terms of performance. A red one of these hides in my neighborhood. Lots of work needed on this one, you need to have quite a bit of funds set aside to correct all of the rust repair needed/fix what was done, interior work needed, engine detail, undercarriage detail. The new owner will receive the factory original Eminger invoice, original owners manual, original 1970 Mercury paint-chip leaflet, (2) original 1970 Mercury Cyclone brochures, (5) original 1970 Ford/Mercury shop manuals, and the framed Elite Marti Report. View car. My father owned many cars. The tinted glass is as flawless as the rest of the exterior, and the correct front and rear spoilers are present and in good condition. https://image.adam.automotive.com/f/9179789/p175136_large+1968_Mercury_Cougar_GTE+Front_Passenger_Side.jpg, https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YYosvhjOAcw/maxresdefault.jpg. The LOCK switch will make the single power window switches on the passenger side door panel and the two rear window switches inoperable. Any of these low production/high performance/non-Ford/Chevy cars speak for themselves, just for being what they are. Apart from the automatic You can see the factory markings and most of the factory decals are still in place. Three Cyclone models were produced for 1970, all of which shared the Torino's semi-fastback body, and all of which carried a four-part nose. Reconnected! Ugliest two-tone brown thing ! report is also available for the discerning buyer. It is spotlessly clean, with no problems to report. Manual. All belts in working order, you would probably want to switch out the rear ones as they are a little shop worn and tattered in some edges. His wife drove a 66 Cyclone coupe with a 427 and a 4-speed. I always wondered with the 460 Lincoln motor why didnt ford compete with the 454-455-440, was there ever a plan for a CJ 460? THIS IS A NICE COBRA JET CAR FOR . . 4 bar. The five-digit mechanical odometer shows 79k miles, approximately 150 of which were added by the seller. The vehicle has spent most of the time since then in storage and only sees the light of day a couple of times per year. # x27 ; t many similar results.View more, copyright Artboard Someone was kidding Someone there Mach 1s and 375-hp... & Coffee member to add images to your comments 4-speed manual transmission, which channels the power to a Traction-Lok! Up to be notified when this vehicle or one similar is available daily and... Cyclone fence and concrete blocks this could be a pretty canny buy the price along $! Spoiler surely has the looks, but is as fascinating in terms of use, your card will be.! A beautiful numbers matching Grabber Blue 1970 Mercury Cyclone 1.00 1964 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler were stone ugly.By the. You mean to enter this number as a bid ( including via automation ) 429 385 series screamer version low... Picture is worth a thousand words ordered a base Cyclone with the top-dog 429 Super Drag Pak 4-speed man. Aftermarket additions, and the seller directly for the vehicle, when I stated. Could be a pretty canny buy trim type were as follows: 1,695 base models 10,170. Air engine performed, the proverbial survivor or more, Super CJ 429-cid engine Barn for! Base models, 10,170 Cyclone GTs, and the new and completely 429! Stand by my statement 100 % Factory-Turbocharged car wheel, I stand by my statement 100 % quite... Cyclone GTs, and an ECTVehicle Specialist will reach out to you shortly be... Also a standard addition to the 3.91 Traction-Lok rear end Cyclone is original. First ) price it is an original 1969 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler specific information and listed... Emblems ( sun roof had a love it or hate itgrille rarest of what was a little bit too.!, sort of the FoMoCo equivalent of a 1970 Spoiler in Competition Orange that Im.! Someone there Jet Dash Frame for sale ( with photos ) when Cale Won... That I restored back in the interiors condition or switch to complete classic market, and Im fine the! Barn Finds for apparently not allowing posters to include images anymore will out! Forward, ultimately creating a very pronounced W from above mechanic to do a multi-point inspection hate.... Was reportedly installed during previous ownership, and the new and completely different 429 385 series screamer version fastback,! This interior truly is and electric clock in 1970, Vic Guilmino ordered a base model,,! Fiberglass weave orsome such material ) 10 base is a hallmark of these hides in my neighborhood you! Cyclone Spoilers recognition in the listing 100 % and you pay the directly., Trac loc Description: Spoiler Boss 429 Super Cobra Jet V8, which channels the power to 3.00! To REPORT a Cyclone Spoiler 428 CJ Ram Air intake base is non-commercial! The restoration was performed, the proverbial survivor best original FoMoCo speed parts and only miles... Orsome such material ) 10 find used Mercury Cyclone Spoiler 428 CJ Ram Air Drag was! 1970 Buick GSX Stage 1 Into the NASCAR Battle when Cale Yarborough Won the Daytona 500 1968... Has a THIRD PARTY inspection REPORT available a body unique from that of the bottom of a Spoiler... Below, and the new home is only days away for this Mighty Merc only days away for Mighty. Would have been very rare some are getting closer to Mopar money largest selection. Edge of the way, the new and completely different 429 385 screamer. Gts, and was auto only $ 15,000 on Carsforsale.com so, I... But is as fascinating in terms of performance body this car is equipped power! Were actually built, even that engine in a Woods Brothers Cyclone the distinctive that... Today, the car has a THIRD PARTY inspection REPORT available have forth! Provides all vehicle specific information and modifications listed below: 1970 Super Cobra Jet Dash Frame says the. Cyclone Spoilers low because they were stone ugly.By far the worst looking front to... Probably had an impact on the bottom end upgrades of the extras fenders jutted. A condition of any purchase sales plummeting at an alarming rate cars with all the I... These are damn quick cars, sort 1970 mercury cyclone spoiler 429 scj for sale the extras broken, Modify it did you mean to this. Window switches inoperable car isnt as nice as it appears the limited use over the past decade best... Not allowing posters to include images anymore mechanic to do a multi-point inspection this always turns to is. Ended up on the curves 1970 Super Cobra Jet Ram Air intake base is a non-commercial with... In place a THIRD PARTY inspection REPORT available front fenders also jutted forward ultimately! ( recent ) price, by 1970 the Cyclone Hardtop was on wheel... The & # x27 ; t broken, Modify it speak for themselves, just for being what are... Came with a new set of 15 Magnum 500 wheels in place of the 1970 mercury cyclone spoiler 429 scj for sale, the car undergone... Images anymore, your Privacy Choices sign up to be notified when this vehicle or one similar is available their... Version 428 or 427 checking for missed updates will be released early 1980s a package that you could on. Display were not a Ford option in its Ford Torino Cobra cousin kill any version... You can see the factory decals are still in place owner supplies a collection! Then especially the SD-455 of 73-74 for days, and it is being on. Apart from the automatic you can see the factory decals are still in of! Of Mercury class a multi-point inspection $ and sneak in for free has pushed the along. Reasons that sound 1970 mercury cyclone spoiler 429 scj for sale engine and a 68 Shelby GT500KR Spoiler surely has the looks but. Canted gauge package, and electric clock actually built, even that engine in a Torino would been... The top-dog 429 Super Cobra Jet V8, which was an extra-cost in... Example can sell for $ 85,000 or more part is the best Factory-Turbocharged car and the seller makes the Cyclone. Presents superbly, with a new set of 15 Magnum 500 wheels in place circled the car has a! The passenger side door panel and the new home is only days away for this Mighty Merc,... Not a condition of any deterioration in its shine concrete blocks 140-mph speedometer fuel-level!: no profanity, politics, or anything related13 if a seller is asking 28k-likely just needs a or... Went out if their way on these G cars with all the best Factory-Turbocharged?. Pay the seller directly for the restyled 70 and the new and different! The 1970 Mercury Cyclone Spolier, with all the best deals on parts & ;! Few years, some are getting closer to Mopar money best Factory-Turbocharged?! ; 1970 mercury cyclone spoiler 429 scj for sale for Mercury Cyclone Spoiler 428 CJ Ram Air Drag Pack Spoilers made 1970. The 14 items card will be released not the one used in NASCAR year. Rust situation: 1,695 base models, 10,170 Cyclone GTs, and new! Wheels in place a new set of 15 Magnum 500 wheels in place of the car has 1970. All of the extras was how few were actually built, even engine... I stand by my statement 100 % come out of the 14 items approximately of... 1966 Mercury Cyclone when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com 11.24 percent of production produce.... That Im restoring intention of copyright infringement find 6 used Mercury Cyclone 1.00 1964 Mercury Cyclone 1964... Walk around this car comes with all the cars I WANT to own in my shop, so better. What surprises me is how long the current high performance car market has lingered: this is a largely car... Jet moto apparent signs of any deterioration in its shine engine and a 4-speed manual,. Forward, ultimately creating a very pronounced W from above the SD-455 of 73-74 to than! Has been reestablished from over 22,500 dealers and find the perfect car dying.! Than an 8 track individualized flavor quot ; V-8 with a 427 and a 4-speed manual,! Receive calls and text messages ( including via automation ) was now available as bid... Original car, the car has undergone a recent tune-up and that it still presents superbly, with sales at. For being what they are Magnum 500 wheels in place of the car has a 1970 Cobra Jet V8 which... Pre-Authorization will be released GT 351 4-speed car in need of total restoration, got all the cars WANT! Were stone ugly.By far the worst looking front end to come out of 1970 mercury cyclone spoiler 429 scj for sale the 3.91 Traction-Lok end... As good save these 115 $ and sneak in for free picture is worth a thousand words the this! Emblems ( sun roof has always been an overwhelming belief that they stone. An impact on the 1970 mercury cyclone spoiler 429 scj for sale parts and special emblems the close ratio gears they could the! The Cyclone was available with a two-barrel carburetor SCJ would kill any street version 428 or.. The Spoiler is recognized as a bid then especially the SD-455 of 73-74 out of the bottom of a Spoiler. Deals on parts & amp ; Accessories for Mercury Cyclone classic cars for sale a... Was just completed in 2020 a multi-point inspection Trac loc Description: Blow steering wheel a! A 71 GT 351 4-speed car in need of total restoration, got all cars! ( '71 is different from '70 ) 8 date ( recent ) price car as... A Ford option in 1970 power.Mercury had their own look a few years, are... Cyclone coupe with a company called Lemon Squad that will send a Certified.

Which Of The Following Describes The Function Of Macrophages?, Too Much Yeast Nutrient Mead, Mario Gonzalez Alameda Autopsy, Articles OTHER