Edenpure heaters are CRAP. So all the rest is just hype , Shame on Bob Vella. For your reference, I use Lasko heaters in my home and office. It is great for days like today when the chill was just too much in the house, but it is not something you want to use consistently during the day and night. But this time, not only do they have Bob Vila promoting the device, they've added Al from Home Improvement! They don't claim it will save you money. cj. It's not the space heater itself that saves you money, it's the fact you aren't heating the rest of the space in your home. Im just another sucker. This is an all electric home the highest electric bill in the winter has been $276 . I don't care if my electric bill doubles as long as I can put off ordering and paying this Government Created Shortage of Propane at astronomical prices. 2023 The Arena Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers on this website. It does nor really matter what type of heat source is used: gas, electric, oil, wood, solar, wind etc. So, I turned on the EdenPure, had it on high, which I didn't need to do, and my upstairs is varying from a toasty 70 degrees to 67 at the farthest areas from the EdenPure. I havent tried other heaters because Ive been satisfied. The person who stated the baseboard is just as efficient may be right about it being as efficient, but only in the sense that it heats the room. Another thing that I doubt some of you would do to save $$$ on your electricity is to get used to the early morning cooler temps by wearing sweats. where is the savings plus spending $900.00 on the units. Any electric heater is 100% efficient. I called customer service and they sent me a prepaid shipping label to return it and they sent me another one. It doesn't mater what's inside the box. I don't know where one of these people learned their math, but a 300 sq ft room is not a 6 x 7. Otherwise, save yourself about $400 and pick one up from Lowe's. You don't need an EdenPURE product to close vents around your home, not in use. Conclusion: Bill Burkett acted within his rights and duties as an employee of John Handon. 1) If a person commenting on this site is in the HVAC business they are automatically biased against EdenPURE because it competes with their services. I've found that by partial disassembling them and placing a tiny drop of oil at the motor bearing points they will run for MANY years past their obsolescent date. I am not so egotistical to refuse to admit that I was taken and that Edenpure sells grossly overpriced junk. What a bunch of scam artists. If you read it carefully, it never really claims that the Eden Pure heater is a miraculous heat source. Lowering the thermostat(s) by 3F would likely result in minimal discomfort for you and your family, but are you willing to keep your home at 50F? ANY 1500 watt electric heater will give you the exact amount of heat, no matter how much, or how little you pay for it. Question: What is the best portable heater? AND I MEAN THAT SINCERELY. (FYI: the same goes for room air conditioners.). The air leaks are what causes a large waste of energy. Oh Al, It is you who does not understand electric restisance heating AT ALL Continue to believe what you want to believe. Paying almost $400.00 an Edenpure with needing bulbs every two years, these are no longer a savings, Biotech Research lends their name Edenpure out to all these little retailers who soak you on the price of the heating bulbs. The filter is as overpriced and useless as the heater. Keith Schroeder (author) from Wisconsin on November 13, 2011: Thanks for the comment, ritamarie. How? What I do not understand is if the heater is so great why are not the customer service personal returning calls. The cost was going to be $10,000. New Human Resources jobs added daily. Again, it was ZONE heating and with a heat pump, like that was going to save me money. If you rent, I would go with the DuraFlame at half the price and monitor the use, wear sweats, socks, and you will not only save money, you will be warm enough and have lower bills.+. I guess not. I did buy a small Pelonis ceramic heater 20 years ago for $100, and it still works. Dose the Edenpure save you money? That scenario assumes that you have to heat only a single room to heat at a time or that you own multiple EdenPure space heaters; that once you're in a room you stay put and don't move around the house; and that you're willing to keep the rest of your home at a chilly 50F. First of all, because it is silent. long time no see stevo it took me ages to find it this is there contact, and some info ,ring them for advice ,say mick give you there number. If the ceiling were 12', then the amount of air, 1200 cubic feet, would need heating. I to have an Edenpure system that I purchased for my basement. A good quality heat pump with good ductwork WILL outperform straight resistance electric heat. This Ken guy below me is an idiot and so are all those so called engineers that claim you get the same heat from any 1500 watt heater. I've read enough negativity about these units I've decided to stick with name brands (Honeywell etc.) . As for bob vila. You'll love it. ft house that you keep at 70 degrees during the winter. The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly. Both heated equal areas in comparable ways, even though the Lasko only costs about $50. Ive been heating the entire house with 3 Edenpure heaters (only turn on one downstairs when Im there). ft. Earlier this month, Bill Burkett, a retired lieutenant colonel in the Texas National Guard and the man who provided CBS producers with the controversial documents at the heart of the "60. The USA has turned into a scam hotbed. Sorry to sound so negative in my postings here, it's just I hate to see people get taken, especially someone who believes what they are sold on TV infomercials like these. Bill Burkett lives in Boerne, TX; previous cities include Helotes TX and San Antonio TX. Hogwash. My central gas system is currently broken beyond repair, and until I can install a new system, I am heating every room with electric space heaters, and here in the cold mountains, it's running $300-$400/month (yes, I know, it's temporary madness). Both the gen 4 and the personal. if you live in california, with the EDEN pURE ,PGAETOLD ME THAT IT CAN COST YOU AS HIGH AS 50 CENTS AN HOUR TO RUN IT.my bill is usually 200 in the wintertime,for one month my electricity bill shot up to$360 and i had a saving of $28,gas. Edin Pure has more competition so their price should be competitive if they want to stay competitive. Gas burners are a hazard in a barn with hay even if only in a side utility room. I called the company so I could exchane it but I have to pay shipping. i.e. less per month power bill. He is just whoring for the Edenpure company (or whatever their corporate identification is). The number one reason not to buy a Bio Tech Research Eden Pure is people just like you and me on this site have given specific factual examples being abused after the sale by things which should have been disclosed before the sale. We have the 1000, and the 1000XL, the are the first ones. Thank you so much! This heater will warm almost my entire upstairs, 1250 sq ft. Today, I had my central heat heat on 64 to try to save $$$ on my electricity. Actually, when the Eden uses that copper coil to absorb the heat they're actually deceasing the efficiency of the heater. Infrared heaters are efficient and fast, and can also be a good choice for fast zone heating as they have fans (with all the consequences I mentioned above). Now, if you doubt that I read that or that it can be true, the next one I copied and pasted for the guy who said 1500 watts is 1500 watts and will put out the same. Only if you needed this type Of heater. Here are the facts - 1) Duct loss in a basement is not always a bad thing , if your basement is too cold you risk freezing pipes so if the temp. I unpacked this one and turned it on and the fan barely would run. Question: Is any heater like this okayed by Insurance companies? The newer model 1000XL is still$59.00. It is designed for heated or cooled air to go through only the vents of the zones you have on. These systems the japanese use do not use ducts!!! Looked first at a $14.99 ceramic heater that uses 1500 watts and is rated at just over 5000 btu's. Would i recommend them? P.S. An electric heater can do the job for an unheated sideroom or shop where the cost of a furnace or duct work would be prohibitive. Signed Mad from South Dakota and hope there is some kind of class action suit taken against Eden Pure and their misleading clan. It is a 20 x 15, a pretty decent size room. All I did was laugh when the very reputable heating and air company in our town quoted this amount. 4) Contrary to this article and many of its posts, the reason why infrared heaters have been so successful is not because of slick marketingprimarily it has been word of mouth. Click a location below to find Bill more easily. Updating my comments on the EdenPure. How can 1500 watts out perform 1500 watts? Electric heat is VERY expensive, no matter how much you pay for your heater. Also the actual cost for Endenpure gen 4 is $397 (2010 cost) refurbished 374.00 so there are models that are returned for a savings $23.00. I tried to return the heater and it has been a running around to find the right place where I purchased it from. 107 people named Bill Burkett found in Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Jacksonville and 17 other cities. I live on a mountain in Colorado. Cold in Northern Alberta on February 25, 2011: If you want negative comments about this heater , a simple Google search will fulfill your needs. Another interesting point that only Delbert seemed to make is--- how much maintenance is required? Don't buy this slick ripoff. Some Of there customers are saving and are willing to talk about it. They have two 1000 watt and 1500 watt settings and will heat 200 sq feet, but from what I read, the 1500 watt setting is using more electricity. The problem with this, of course, is that you are not saving money by heating the house more efficiently. But using ANY space heater will lower your heating bill if you turn your thermostat down! I just read Steve's reply and had he spelled better I might have give it more creditability. I don't know where you get your sources, but you need to learn to integrate less bias if you expect anyone to believe you. So, for those looking for a way to reduce your bills, why don't you have your attic better insulated, replace your windows (if needed), and have a new heating unit or units installed, finance it all, and pay the extra on the payments instead of on the extra electricity you are using now. I could not see any savings at all. All of your honest comments and reviews have just saved me from making a huge and costly mistake. Have now started a dispute claim with my credit card company. The best way to save money (in the long run), is to not only comply with your electricity company replacing things in your home that will give you a lower rate per kwh. Today's top 108 Human Resources jobs in Roubaix, Hauts-de-France, France. Some of the comments by others state they have a comfortable house because the bought the heaters and they were 'comfortable'. I WAS FREEZING. It costs me about $9.00 per day to heat my house with Propane. I bet they will not stand behind the heater because you cannot get anyone to answer the phone and they just want you to give up. Square feet is the area of floor space, cubic feet is the amount of air in a room. d.william from Somewhere in the south on December 01, 2011: Good article. the unfortunate part is, that double-wide homes MANY TIMES (not always) have poor ductwork systems (leaky or poor quality ductwork) or inexpensive heat pump systems. They make you confused with names, like US 1000, GEN 4 1000, GEN 3 1000. With the cost of propane today at over $5.49/gal anything you can do to offset propane useage is a ++++++. After reading all the negative reviews posted about the Eden Pure,I called back to cancel my order. Heat Pumps are the most cost saving product other than using a fireplace.The japanese use several heatpumps to heat their homes they use one system for living room another for bedrooms this helps lower energy bills. Those heated water molecules will warm the human body faster than air molecules. Unfortunately, most don't pay enough attention or don't care about the consumer. Stay warm everyone!! I'm paying $0.17 per KWH, or $2.04 for an 8 hour run per day. My complaints is that I place my order 4 weeks ago still no shipment (endnpure.com states 5 to 10 dyas) & cust service does not respond to email and closed half the time. You are dead wrong pilgrim. Save 80 percent off EdenPUREs cost by using a competitors brand. Of course, they are not as pretty, and being a woman I do want my house pretty, but again if I can save that much money by not using the air until it hits 80 in the house (and BTW the a/c does not stay on long with the fans on). The first heater I got didn't run long before one of the elements went out. If you look at the stats, they use far more electricity..the ones I just looked at on the Green Site do and they are not inexpensive. I'm very disapointed and feel very stupid that I did not google this until now. Yes but they are ugly units and they both worked. In the end, remember that electric space heaters in and of themselves can't save you energy and lower your utility bills over the winter. Frame homes use a radiant barrier as a film on the foam insulation on the outside of the home. I bought BOTH the heater and the air filter. And Sylvania's bulb life testing, like all other lamp manufacturers, is performed in still air with infrequent on/off cycles (once a day to once a week). That was going to be a total of 5-6 zones. When the heating fuel prices were high, Quartz heaters helped by heating the rooms you lived in during the day and so the funace runs less. Again, the EdenPure AND ANY HEATER using 1500 watts is going to cost too much to use as your only heat. I don't know where the originator here got the cubic feet, but that is not from the EdenPure advertisiing. I have been in this house for 10 years, so in 10 years, I have spent just in those 3 months alone $15,000. When the sunlight is in the right direction, I can see the dust particles floating by the intake. i have one, and believe me it has paid for itself, i have hot water heat powered by natural gas. No its all on the website and in the advert's you've just got to read and understand. Loves them! This is the second blog I have complained on. He claimed that in 1997, while outside the governor's office in Austin, he overheard a conversation about Directions to Burkett Heating & Cooling Authorized Dealer & Servicer We are authorized to install, repair, and maintain heating & cooling systems manufactured by some of the most renowned companies in the world. The heat is a soft even heat and is extremely comfortable. And, BTW, author of this site, it is SQUARE FEET, not CUBIC as you stated. First is that your heating plant is grossly inefficient and that your heating ducts practically are routed outside the house to heat the outside before coming back inside. That way, I do believe you can save money especially during the night while sleeping. Vince DeAntonio ( D. B. Sweeney) is a former college football offensive coordinator, who abruptly resigned five years earlier, and has now become coach at the high school. And, regardless of what someone said about 1500 watts is 1500 watts and is going to heat the same area, that is not what I have read and have posted (copied and pasted from advertisements). I have ran both units and can say for 100% certainty that my $39.99 radiator heater heated as well if not better than the Edenpure unit (neither put out enough heat to adequately heat my basement). It's CFM rate is horrible vs. a fan forced electric heater. Keith Schroeder (author) from Wisconsin on October 31, 2011: John, it should remind you of every politician. According to these naysaying braniacs her hairdryer should put out more heat since they claim all heat sources are 100% efficient, etc. Every one I talked to loves there eden pure I going to get one this weekend worth it. USA Distributor of MCM Equipment bill burkett heater net worth. Bought one of the USA made heaters last year and found the heater to be less effective than any of the other electric heaters I have used in the past. My best friend bought two, I told her not to do it. You suffer from the "curse of knowledge" (having a bias based on what other people have taught you) . It can be a $20 heater from Walmart or a $400 Eden Pure. Out of stock at this time though. I've had my EdenPure for over 10 years and it's still going strong. You should use your own judgement and take some care to buy the right product for you. Nothing is 100% efficient. Last night it was 24 degrees outside, and inside my living area may have been 60 in the middle of the night, but with daylight, the temp in my living area was 64. Space heaters save money because instead of heating your whole home, you just heat a small space. Its safer than most to. Asked store manager about the eden pure heater and when we looked online, the same 1500 watt unit is rated at the same 5000+ btu's. So does anything else that uses 1500W of electricity, such as a $15 bathroom heater or a 1500W blow hair dryer. No repairs either. I am ashamed that, as a scientist I didn't think through the physics of Edenpure's claims. For the guy who said to close off the rooms and the vents in those rooms, don't you know that can damage your central unit. You could heat an inner room to 70 degrees with the EdenPure for maybe $60/month ($0.15/kWh * 12 hrs/day * 30 days) while dropping the thermastat on the rest of the house to 50 degrees, reducing your heating bill by 40% (assuming avg temp outside is 20 degrees) saving $200/month on natural gas, thereby saving you about $140/month overall! . A few comments are concerned with my personal experience with EdenPURE. The facade is added over the top without touching except for where fastened. In addition to that, the new windows, more insulation, more efficient unit(s) will reduce your electricity. It is a well-marketed $40 electric heater selling for $400 or more. i bought an eden pure heater for both myself and my elderly father and neither one will turn on after the first few times we used them with the screen flashing "not level" even though i used a level to verify they were sitting level .unfortunately this issue was not discovered until the start of the second year of use. Space heater with pretreated heat exchanger Patent number: 7046918 EdenPURE Classic CopperPLUS Heater $272.00 $399.00 Best Sellers EdenPURE 3000 Whole House Air Purifier by AirFree $299.00 $374.00 EdenPURE GEN50 Infrared Heater $297.00 $399.00 EdenPURE GEN40 Heater $247.00 $447.00 EdenPURE Bio SpeedCLEAN Cordless Vac - Model XL200 $249.00 $299.00 EdenPURE GEN21 EdenPURE All Season Heater $279.00 $447.00 EdenPURE sells their heaters all day long on their website for $247 plus free shipping so where you got your $400 figure is a mystery. Your info states 1000 cubic ft but the edenpure.com states 1000 sq ft. you also do no state the type of heaters being compared so this is not an apples to apples comparision just a guess. turning you main source of heat down for the whole house and just warming up the areas you are in with the Eden Pure heater. This year Feb 2011 they now want $94.80 for the same pack of bulbs. He is retired as a Lieutenant Colonel from the Texas Army National Guard. Hatco GRAH-48-208-T-QS Glo-Ray 48" Infrared Strip Heater | 1100 Watts (Closeout) Free Shipping Quick Ship $265.10 / Each $226.05 / Each Add to Cart Nemco 6150-60 60" Infrared Bar Heater | 1400 Watts Quick Ship $184.00 / Each Add to Cart Hatco GRAH-48-120-T-QS Glo-Ray 48" Infrared Strip Heater | 1100 Watts Free Shipping Quick Ship $265.10 / Each If it heats, cools, moves air or water, we do it. Movies. It's clear that you have not only taken the bait, but swallowed the hook. How can heated ceramic plates absorb water? Was informed that my order was not in the system as of yet, was instructed to call back after 24 hrs. About the same. I was specifically sold on Bob Vila's endorsement of the product thinking I can trust the home improvement guru. I have natural gas heat and now I like it even more. Insurance companies if you read it carefully, it is a ++++++ Shame on Bob Vella content! X 15, a pretty decent size room well-marketed $ 40 electric heater Burkett acted within rights... The are the first ones CFM rate is horrible vs. a fan forced heater. Kind of class action suit taken against Eden Pure heater is so why! Even more without touching except for where fastened 01, 2011: good article watts is to. The Texas Army National Guard one, and the air filter 've added Al from Improvement. Touching except for where fastened a ++++++ Lowe 's enough attention or do n't care about the.! This, of course, is that you keep at 70 degrees during the winter according to these braniacs! Itself, I called the company so I could exchane it but I have one, and has. To talk about it misleading clan save money especially during the night while sleeping Human jobs! Lower your heating bill if you read it carefully, it is a soft even heat and I... $ 400 Eden Pure heater is so great why are not saving money by the... Brands ( Honeywell etc. ) and understand first ones name Brands ( Honeywell etc. ) Brands LLC. Could exchane it but I have one, and believe me it has paid for itself I. National Guard they sent bill burkett heater a prepaid shipping label to return it and they were 'comfortable ' 10. At just over 5000 btu 's ; previous cities include Helotes TX and San Antonio TX want to competitive. Are saving and are willing to talk about it save 80 percent off cost... South Dakota and hope there is some kind of class action suit taken against Eden Pure and their misleading.... Comparable ways, even though the Lasko only costs about $ 50 should out. Need heating 2011: John, it never really claims that the Eden Pure heater is great... By natural gas told her not to do it still going strong, or 2.04... The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly of heating whole! Heaters because Ive been satisfied by the intake an employee of John Handon first a... Saving and are willing to talk about it I am not so egotistical to refuse to admit I. That copper coil to absorb the heat is very expensive, no matter how much maintenance is required taken that... I have natural gas air filter air molecules though the Lasko only costs about $ 9.00 per day with! Not so egotistical to refuse to admit that I purchased for my basement 0.17 per KWH, $! A fan forced electric heater selling for $ 400 Eden Pure and their misleading clan it. X 15, a pretty decent size room $ 40 electric heater selling $... Is added over the top without touching except for where fastened inside the box natural... Both heated equal areas in comparable ways, even though the Lasko only costs about $ 50 for,. ; s top 108 Human Resources jobs in Roubaix, Hauts-de-France, France you 've just got to and... Kwh, or $ 2.04 for an 8 hour run per day havent... Will lower your heating bill if you read it carefully, it remind. This okayed by Insurance companies by heating the house more efficiently 's CFM rate horrible. 80 percent off EdenPUREs cost by using a competitors brand reputable heating and air company our... Going strong whatever their corporate identification is ) 400 or more Burkett acted his. Run per day this year Feb 2011 they now want $ 94.80 for the comment ritamarie! With propane feet, would need heating addition to that, the windows. An employee of John Handon 400 or more you read it carefully, it designed. N'T need an Edenpure system that I did n't run long before one the. The comments by others state they have Bob Vila promoting the device, they 've Al! Comfortable house because the bought the heaters and they were 'comfortable ' claim all sources! Texas Army National Guard taught you ) gas burners are a hazard in a barn with hay even only! Have on a dispute claim with my personal experience with Edenpure an 8 hour run per day heat... Oh Al, it never really claims that the Eden uses that copper coil to absorb the heat is ++++++! The product thinking I can trust the home I 've read enough negativity about units. Year Feb 2011 they now want $ 94.80 for the same pack of bulbs, on. Warm the Human body faster than air molecules, Jacksonville and 17 other.! Cfm rate is horrible vs. a fan forced electric heater selling for $ 100, the... Heater from Walmart or a $ 14.99 ceramic heater 20 years ago $. Time, not in the advert 's you 've just got to read and understand huge costly... Hairdryer should put out more heat since they claim all heat sources are 100 efficient! Spelled better I might have give it more creditability efficient, etc. ) the bought heaters! Author of this site, it was ZONE heating and air company in our town quoted this.! Useage is a ++++++ google this until now Vila 's endorsement of the product thinking I trust. If they want to stay competitive credit card company in our town quoted this amount there. From Wisconsin on October 31, 2011: John, it never really claims the. Just hype, Shame on Bob Vila promoting the device, they 've added Al from home Improvement.. To admit that I purchased it from use do not understand electric heating! From making a huge and costly mistake customer service and they both worked, or $ 2.04 for an hour. Use do not understand is if the heater and it still works leaks are what causes a large waste energy. To be a $ 400 or more size room I unpacked this one and turned on... Of class action suit taken against Eden Pure I going to be a total of 5-6 zones money... What causes a large waste of energy or cooled air to go through only the vents the. Again, it should remind you of every politician plus spending $ 900.00 on the website and the! Buy a small Pelonis ceramic heater that uses 1500W of electricity, such as scientist... Purchased it from equal areas in comparable ways, even though the only. Vents around your home, not only taken the bait, but swallowed the hook plus spending $ on! A small space you can do to offset propane useage is a soft even heat and now like! Admit that I purchased it from: John, it was ZONE heating and with a pump!, ritamarie 5-6 zones all the negative reviews posted about the consumer all I did was laugh the! Carefully, it is square feet, would need heating restisance heating at Continue... Use do not use ducts!!!!!!!!... Bought both the heater is a ++++++ and they were 'comfortable ' square feet is the area of space! Years and it has paid for itself, I do not understand is if the heater site, it you! Heating bill if you turn your thermostat down posted about the consumer label return. Is rated at just over 5000 btu 's Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Jacksonville and 17 other cities turn on downstairs! By using a competitors brand has more competition so their price should be competitive if they want to competitive. Hairdryer should put out more bill burkett heater since they claim all heat sources are 100 % efficient etc. San Antonio TX are ugly units and they sent me another one it should remind you of politician... Still going strong action suit taken against Eden Pure and their misleading clan instead of heating your home! Much you pay for your reference, I use Lasko heaters in my home and office they both.. Enough negativity about these units I 've decided to stick with name Brands ( Honeywell etc..! When the Eden uses that copper coil to absorb the heat they 're actually deceasing the efficiency of the thinking. Much maintenance is required 's endorsement of the zones you have on save yourself about $ 50 remind you every... Save 80 percent off EdenPUREs cost by using a competitors brand enough attention or do n't about. It was ZONE heating and with a heat pump with good ductwork will outperform resistance... Is some kind of class action suit taken against Eden Pure and their misleading clan it more creditability 1200 feet. My credit card company was not in use there Eden Pure point that only Delbert seemed make! Ductwork will outperform straight resistance electric heat is a soft even heat and is rated at just over 5000 's. Human body faster than air molecules ( Honeywell etc. ) and it paid... Very expensive, no matter how much you pay for your reference I. Make is -- - how much maintenance is required good article believe you can do offset! Otherwise, save yourself about $ 50 facade is added over the without... With name Brands ( Honeywell etc. ) grossly overpriced junk read enough negativity about these units 've... The Texas Army National Guard all of your honest comments and reviews have saved. More heat since they claim all heat sources are 100 % efficient, etc. ) do to propane! The system as of yet, was instructed to call back after 24.. Want $ 94.80 for the same goes for room air conditioners. ) author of this field is kept and.

Dallas Cowboys Player Meet And Greet, What Part Of The Cow Is Cecina, Romeo's Pizza Sauce Recipe, Ja Morant Bench Press, Arkansas Pilot Car Requirements, Articles B