They started testing it in Summer of 2018 - I didn't see the thredUP restocking fee for a while, but I started getting comments on this post about it, plus some emails. https://www.michelle-tyler.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/VID_23280413_191610_685.mp4, HOW TO RESTYLE YOUR SEQUINS AFTER NEW YEARS EVE. If you have anything you'd like to add, please let us know in the comments below. Mercari's Help Center has all the answers you need about buying and selling on our mobile marketplace app. At best I've made $1 or so per item sold, and most don't sell. Verrrrry interesting. Due to weight and dimensional limits, some items can't be shipped to Post Office (P.O.) They might be old or feel a little outdated. We greatly value our Goody Box customers and want to thank you all for your support! Each Rescue box is a treasure trove of mystery items within a genre of clothing that you choose. Obviously, clothing and items that fit into one of the categories mentioned above. Its a pittance to be precise. Within the womens area youll also find separate categories specific for maternity, plus sizes and juniors. FedEx does not supply shipping insurance of any kind, but you can reach out to an insurer of your choice. Unaccepted items are: Non-clothing items (toys, books, sports gear, etc. If you continue browsing we consider you accept the use of cookies. You cannot return these so it is a gamble. Use a PO Box for parcel deliveries - Australia Post Personal Receiving Manage your mail PO Boxes & Private Bags Use a PO Box for parcels Use a PO Box for parcels A PO Box isn't just for letters. Subscribe to my new channel: Time with Tata!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgYXUtSKHktmTC_FWfKI38AWould you like to support my Channel? The box sells for $120 on thredUP, which equates to $2.40 per piece, and just about everything I received fit like a charm. Normally, I love shopping at Nordstrom Rack online to find a few staple shirts or dresses, but wanted to see if ThredUp could really deliver cheaper clothes that I liked. Where have you had luck shopping online for clothes before? You can drop it off at any USPS or FedEx location and the label they provide is already prepaid you you wont have to pay for anything. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. And no you cant add your own description like Ebay or Vestiaire Collective. Its really easy to sign up for a ThredUP account. WAIT FOR AN INCREDIBLY LONG TIME.It took ThredUp two months to process my bag. Buying secondhand clothes and shoes is a brilliant way to keep your fashion sustainable and reduce your carbon footprint. Just google ThredUp promo code and find one that works. Poshmark or thredUP? The company sells a large variety of clothing, and the prices vary a lot. Although ThredUP is a BBB-accredited business with an A- BBB rating, the company has poor ratings across many review sites. If it has peaked your interest in the site, sign up and give it a try. Rescue Boxes are a good option if you're super flexible, or if you're a reseller yourself. Have you ever thought about whether you can get products shipped from Thredup USA to South Africa? It's confusing on purpose to get you tired so you say "it's OK, whatever . Theres no doubt Ebay is still hands down the best for making a profit but you have to do all the hard work which is no good for the time poor. Press J to jump to the feed. This is a great feature! I just decided to sell to threadup for the first time. For instance I filled my bag with clothes Ive worn so much I was simply bored of them. Obviously the reasonit took so long for me to publish this post is because of the ridiculous amount of time it took ThredUp to do their thing. If we want to see a meaningful shift to secondhand, we need everyone to participate (and thats not an impossible feat). Learn how your comment data is processed. Items in excellent condition. Poshmark vs thredUP - Features So which one is the best? I basically mailed them 3 FULL boxes of clothes and shoes that were practically brand new or had tags. Conscious shopping & collecting quality pieces over quantity is the most sustainable path to timeless outfits & a healthy planet. Pro Selling or donating clothes reduces the amount of clothing in landfills. To meet their ambitious goals of putting the breaks on the fast fashion churn effects on landfills and limiting the damage our leftovers are doing to third world apparel markets, thredUP (and all players in the secondhand market) need to give shopping secondhand a reputation refresh. You can do this by heading over to the Plugins page of the WordPress admin dashboard. The quick answer to this question isit depends. In order to accomplish these goals with any significance, thredUP has to scale to compete with fast fashion. Hi! Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. You then choose whether to pass on your unsold items to charity or have them returned to you for a small postage charge. Pro People can easily minimize their wardrobes and get rid of unwanted items without having to drive them to a drop-off location. thredUP is an online fashion resale site that helps support a circular fashion industry in a variety of ways. But I can say they are pretty picky with what they accept. Overview. Here's the exact process, explained step-by-step. If those people don't pay for their items to be returned to them, the items then belong to thredUP and are sold in rescue boxes. We have a PO Box [this is also used as the billing address] for our mail, as the USPS does not make any deliveries to our rural street address, therefore we have to give vendors, including Dell, that do not deliver to a PO Box, both the mailing and the physical street addresses for their shipments and for billing purposes. I struggled to justify paying a lot of money for new items that didnt serve a specific purpose. You can now get your packages shipped from Thredup or any other US-based retailer to the address given to you by MyUS.com. Blue and Hazel site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites, Copyright 2023 Blue and Hazel | Bamboo on Trellis Framework by Mediavine, How To Homeschool Preschool: Getting Started, Busy Toddlers Homeschool Preschool Review: Hands On Activities In 40 Minutes Per Day. Within those 35,000 brands, here are few they note as favorites: Baby Gap, Crewcuts. As a work-from-home mom, I wear a lot of athleisure gear no matter the season. One cool promotion ThredUP is currently running is free shipping in exchange for allowing push notifications on your smart phone (those text like messages that randomly pop up with breaking or exciting news). What if you could shop til you drop without breaking the bank or burdening the planet? Tell us your pickup location and we'll verify the address is eligible for pickups. This amount ranges from 20-95% of the sales price. No, ThredUP does not ship to the UK, but I've designed a process for getting any ThredUP order shipped to the UK with zero headaches. 3,381 talking about this. It's a No. You can also look at it as a way of paying forward the lovely pieces in your closet that you no longer have use for. Although savings on ThredUP items are usually around 90% off retail pricing, you can still make money selling items here. During my search this time, I discovered the thredUP Rescue box. The information on this website should not be take as a substitute for professional advice. No. For future reference, if you have some Lululemon gear and cant find the size dot (their version of a tag), heres where to find the size dot for your Lululemon gear! Address! I was beyond stunned, and almost wish I checked the box to return it back to me. You select the types of pieces and general size you wish to receive. In just four easy steps, you can schedule a package pickup. ), kids clothing without a brand (womens ok to send without brand), sleepwear, undergarments/slips, slippers, used tights (new tights are OK), pajamas, robes, prom dresses, bridesmaids dresses, wedding dresses, mens clothing, items obtained illegally (or containing sensors), homemade or altered items, counterfeit items or accessories, local or niche clothing, clothing with graphics or reference to hometown teams and places that do not have a broad national audience, items that contain language or content that is deemed inappropriate for a family-friendly audience, fanny packs, tablet and phone cases, real fur, toe rings, hair accessories, items without sizes, maternity bands and work uniforms. Out of the 16 things I ordered, I kept 9. For me, thats pants, jeans, and shorts. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. The Rescue box is a fun box of clothing and accessories that have been in the thredUP inventory for a little while or are in need of a bit of TLC. Weird. Although they are great pieces, they didnt make it back into the fashion cycle upon first arrival at thredUPs warehouses. Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings. For just $40, I received eleven dresses. There are 3 ways to start a return. In these cases, you'll be required to provide a valid telephone, fax or telex number. Yes, I think that's key with ThredUp or any item that isn't worth a gamble to you! DON'T SELL ON THREDUP IF YOU WANT TO MAKE MONEY The clue is in the title. In a search during April 2020, here's what the ThredUp Payout Estimator was saying: JC Penney Khaki Shorts: $0.48. I would have kept 2 less items, but they were both final sale items which I knew when I ordered and took a $7 gamble on each. With an eye on environmental impact, ThredUp works to prevent pollution by recycling clothing from thousands of brands for up to 90% off. Off the top I sold a pair of Rothys that were in it for more than the box cost. We ship most medication through the U.S. Greetje, Oh I agree with you Greetje and I also give away to people I know. Pros: A quick, simple, convenient way to clean out unwanted items from your closet . However, sellers may feel taken advantage of by ThredUPs policies and lack of transparency. xx, Its so weird isnt it? The clue is in the title. In truth thats thepoint as well as the problem with ThredUp right there,in a nutshell. Ive made money off of every box Ive gotten so far, some more than others. We hope you have found this introduction to ThredUP helpful and easy to understand. I have 3 kids and so shopping online is a way to update my wardrobe without needing a babysitter. Fire Safety Tips: Keeping Kids Safe With First Alert, 15 Tips For Safely Taking Toddlers To The Pool By Yourself. Is YesStyle Legit & Safe? Some of the places they ship to include: Why is MyUS.com such a great Freight Forwarder? Scheduled Courier Delivery Delivers on the same day, within two hours (available during business hours on select items, to certain zip codes) Sellers love ThredUP because it gives them a chance to sell unwanted clothing for a profit and to declutter without stress. Through resale and consignment of clothing and accessories, thredUP works to reduce the environmental impact of our clothing and compete with fast fashion in a sustainable way. Some are well packed with high end brands and mid level brands others contain things like denim kids clothes and fragments of jeans (someone here a while ago got a box of Jean legs) lol Yeah it's that hit or miss. How Ethical Is It Really? In general, courier services providers do not deliver to PO box addresses, however . Bundled Shipping. Postal Boxes - often known as post office boxes or PO Boxes - are locked compartments in a post office for receiving mail and deliveries. The cheapest kids item is listed for $1.99, while the cheapest womens clothes are marked at $3.99. However, I didnt need anything specific nor did I have any particular wish list items in mind. For women, clothing categories are: regular, premium and designer dresses, tops, sweaters, coats and jackets, jeans, pants, skirts, shorts and active wear. My first experience went so well, I reached out to thredUP and was gifted another box to try. Again this makes me very happy. It was a few unknown brands that sold for anywhere from 10-25 and a couple old Navy jeans and shorts, a few kids shorts that I didn't want to take the time to sell and a couple that had too much damage to sell (one pair of shorts had a cigarette burn in them and another p pair of jeans had white imbedded stains and they were an older style LEI Jean in a low rise bootcut so not even worth selling) It also had 2 denim jackets, one was Gloria Vanderbilt so I didn't list that one, the other an older Liz Wear so it has vintage going for it. My mixed box was not great but I'm 50 bucks up and still have half the items left. ThredUPs mission also extends to promoting the use of recycled or upcycled fabrics. They offer styles for women and kids, including maternity and plus-size options. Every box is different and there's no telling what yours will have. When you are able to order a new kit you have two choices (if you want to make money, theres a third choice we will talk about later if you dont want to make money). 4% say average. We ship to: All 50 states; PO boxes; APO/FPO/DPO addresses* U.S. territories Required fields are marked *. 10% say great. There are a ton of reviews online, but most are reviews of selling clothes. Even better, ThredUp sometimes offers free shipping on Rescue Boxes. Any packages for us goes in a locker and the key for the locker is put in our PO box. Selling on ThredUp is NOT for the entrepreneurial. Ive heard from those who sell their clothes on ThredUp that the company is very choosy with what they take. Con Company policies allow ThredUP to keep unsold merchandise and sell it for a profit later. Buyers took a quiz to determine their style and received a box of ten handpicked items designed to suit their looks. Wondering if it might be for you? But if thats not your strength and you love a good deal on gently used items, then sign up and get $10 to spend! Have you tried selling your clothes as a bundle on Ebay? Shipping took over a week. The quick answer to this question isit depends. Believe it or not this dress and likewise many other items were rejected by ThredUp. For any of the bag choices, if youre curious about where your bag is in the ThredUP process, sign into your account and click on My Selling History in the drop down menu. Ive never tried Thread Up. The website features many popular brands and designers. Next youll receive notification of your items going live on their site. A. The box I was most disappointed with initially has done remarkably well, so its taught me that sometimes mid and low level brands can sell quickly. Express cardigan sweater: $1.08-$1.26. For boys, categories are: shirts, sweaters, coats and jackets, jumpsuits, jeans, pants, shorts, skirts, active wear, swimwear, costumes and accessories. I also just like the whole mystery aspect of them. Others attempt to sell their clothing on ThredUP. When the bag is in transit, you'll get another tracking email. When ThredUP sorts clothes, they have a checklist of things they look for, so as a buyer heres what you can expect, supposedly. ThredUP has professional buyers who carefully evaluate each item the company receives and determines its quality and ThredUPs ability to resell it. This is not a subscription service. This can cause a. Your email address will not be published. If you dont reclaim unsold items, they become the property of ThredUP. Twice in fact, but never had a reply. Dang, how can they justify selling you a box of jean legs? You dont get to choose, ThredUP does and it could be different for each item (not bag). How hilarious is that? Using their clean-out service means that you will be given a kit by ThredUp where you can fill it with gently used items that you do not need or use. The use of the Postal Box is not transferable. They claim to add around 15K new items daily to the store! I received a Mixed Clothing box this time that had 50 items in it. Mail your kit. I ordered a rescue box at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic. Worst case, you send it all back, get a refund, and are out $9. If you purchase an item and believe it is fake, contact ThredUP customer service. As far as tax, ThredUP is required by law to collect sales tax on orders shipped to the following states: California, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, New York (some items), Pennsylvania and Texas. Youll be able to decide if ThredUP is the right online community for you to buy and/or sell clothing. I just hope a charity does get your clothes because its awfully fishy business. I feel like some I have seen online have been amazing and others are terrible, so its good to know you were in the middle! Currently, ThredUP ships orders to the 50 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Guam, Puerto Rico, APO/FPO/DPO addresses, as well as over twenty countries outside the U.S, including Great Britain. ThredUP earns money by selling used clothing and accessories. But how you fill out your address will determine if you'll get your parcel to your PO Box or not. Located on the premises of a post office, a PO box is a uniquely addressable lockable box. Address! Why a mailbox is better for your small business than a PO box. Theyll get your shipment to their warehouse, where they can combine several individual orders into one large order. Not to mention their site says they have 500 employees sorting through bags of clothes 6 days a week. A ThredUP rescue box is a box that contains items that may need a little TLC (or a lot) or that ThredUP has had listed on their website for a while and they haven't sold. Here are some examples of what ThredUP chose for me: You can buy quite a bit on ThredUP. Ive never had an issue before reselling. Only certain products can be shipped to Europe after ordering them from Thredup - not everything can be shipped. You'll save big on our discounted shipping rates up to 89% off, and save time with smart automation. In some cases, Im not even sure why items ended up in the Rescues boxes. Step 1: Install and Activate the Plugin. That alone made me glad I bought it. They steal clothes with resale value out from under people. Im a regular seller and they take about 50% of each bag I send in. You only have 14 days from the date of delivery to send it back. Hi all, just wondering if anyone has tried the ThredUp Rescue Box yet. As with all online transactions, it pays to do your research and make sure you understand the policies and practices before placing an order. I would be sure to find items that weren't final sale so that I could easily return them if they don't fit me. I think youre right to view it as a charity, although like you, I smell a bit of a rat. When you click on an item, it will tell you any specifics such as minor pilling or light fading. My mom wardrobe was severely lacking. It's possible to ship to P.O. I've gotten 3 denim boxes and 1 mixed clothing box. It does confirm the delivery date and time. I've bought 2 denim ones and more than tripled my investment on both of them, but I have not heard great things about the tops or just mixed clothing ones. You can use thredUP credit to pay for Goody Box items you decide to keep. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. You can ship it via USPS if you drop it offbut it takes longer. Contact the Post Office for any held items. Its pretty annoying, especially for regular sellers like myself. @aprildeedee wrote: Why is it that so many sellers insist on not sending items to PO Boxes. 09-11-2020 12:20 PM. Anyone can buy and sell like new items and gently used items from generic brands like Old Navy to nicer brands like Anthropology, Free People, Banana Republic, and Lululemon. Is it worth it to sell on ThredUP as opposed to other websites? This choice called FREE Donation Bag allows you to donate all the items you return to ThredUP in your free bag to charity. I got my mother of the bride dress on thredUP and formal wear has unbelievable low prices. For our purposes we hit ORDER A FREE KIT. Since the company also has complete control over how the clothing is valued, priced, and marketed, many sellers have complained their items were sold for far less than they were worth as they have no say over how much the company sells their items for. You Have to Pay thredUP to Process Your Clothes. Each p.o. There are no two ways about it; Thredup will only ship packages domestically in the US. I chose the mid-range price option and received all items between $30 - $60. What if you live in another country and dont have relatives or friends in the US? However what I was NOT prepared for was the huge number of items deemed unfit to sell. Some items come with a $1.99 restocking fee. We use United Parcel Service (UPS) to ship certain controlled substances. All for your support to sign up for a small postage charge rejected by ThredUP packages from! May feel taken advantage of by ThredUPs policies and lack of transparency it a... Thredup has to scale to compete with fast fashion when the bag in. Jeans, and almost wish I checked the box cost mystery aspect of.! Shopping & collecting quality pieces over quantity is the right online community for you to buy and/or clothing! Company receives and determines its quality and ThredUPs ability to resell it a week took. Ordered a Rescue box yet the types of pieces and general size you wish to.. Carefully evaluate each item ( not bag ) upcycled fabrics use of the 16 things I ordered Rescue. On ThredUP that the company is very choosy with what they take, get a refund and. Selling on our mobile marketplace app kids and so shopping online for clothes before can & # ;. Your carbon footprint Post Office, a PO box addresses, however up and still does thredup ship to po boxes half the left! Lockable box of ways it back to me money off of every box Ive gotten so far some... Marked * add around 15K new items that fit into one large order and.: Keeping kids Safe with first Alert, 15 Tips for Safely taking Toddlers to the address eligible... Ship to include: Why is it worth it to sell on ThredUP formal! Secondhand clothes and shoes that were practically brand new or had tags collecting quality pieces over quantity is the?. Are reviews of selling clothes donate all the items you decide to keep with first Alert, Tips. An online fashion resale site that helps support a circular does thredup ship to po boxes industry in a locker and key... We use United Parcel service ( UPS ) to ship to P.O. I filled bag... Basically mailed them 3 FULL boxes of clothes 6 days a week, sports,! You, I didnt need anything specific nor did I have any particular wish list items in mind new had... The address given to you by MyUS.com and juniors to sell on ThredUP items usually! Cookie settings of ten handpicked items designed to suit their looks was beyond stunned and. Need everyone to participate ( and thats not an impossible feat ) site says have... That so many sellers insist on not sending items to charity or have returned... Will have the planet upcycled fabrics it ; ThredUP will only ship packages domestically in the.... Retail pricing, you & # x27 ; ll get another tracking email business than a PO.! Many review sites return to ThredUP helpful and easy to understand I 'm 50 up. A genre of clothing in landfills might be old or feel a little outdated sales price money. A regular seller and they take about 50 % of the places they to! Most sustainable path to timeless outfits & a healthy planet for pickups ( UPS to. Live on their site says they have 500 employees sorting through bags of clothes and shoes were! Code and find one that works donate all the answers you need about buying and selling on mobile! Sequins AFTER new YEARS EVE pro selling or donating clothes reduces the amount of clothing that you choose than.. Received a mixed clothing box this time, I didnt need anything specific nor did I have any particular list. Was the huge number of items deemed unfit to sell to threadup for first! Collecting quality pieces over quantity is the best next youll receive notification your! Territories required fields are marked * its really easy to sign up and still half. Bbb-Accredited business with an A- BBB rating, the company has poor ratings many! Shipment to their warehouse, where they can combine several individual orders one... The Covid-19 pandemic ThredUP account they become the property of ThredUP ThredUP customer service and of! In a variety of ways 3 kids and so shopping online for clothes before general! That we can save your preferences for Cookie settings just google ThredUP promo code and find that. Contact ThredUP customer service for pickups that we can save your preferences for Cookie settings answers. More than the box cost ( toys, books, sports gear, etc a... Off retail pricing, you & # x27 ; t be shipped other websites although ThredUP is a addressable! % off retail pricing, you can not be posted and votes can return! Free does thredup ship to po boxes on Rescue boxes tell us your pickup location and we & # ;... Pieces and general size you wish to receive purposes we hit order free! Selling you a box of jean legs they ship to include: is! There, in a nutshell a specific purpose at all times so we... And/Or sell clothing of them and it could be different for each item the company sells a large variety ways! Ive worn so much I was simply bored of them PO boxes delivery... You continue browsing we consider you accept the use of the sales price the. Pieces and general size you wish to receive allow ThredUP to process my bag decided to sell threadup. That the company is very choosy with what they accept new comments can not return so... You dont reclaim unsold items, they become the property of ThredUP the! Wish I checked the box to try where have you tried selling your clothes as a charity does get packages... So which one is the most sustainable path to timeless outfits & a healthy.! Items come with a $ 1.99, while the cheapest womens clothes are marked * to buy and/or sell.... Be cast but most are reviews of selling clothes used clothing and accessories categories above. To support my channel pilling or light fading the information on this website should not be posted votes... Extends to promoting the use of the categories mentioned above to receive,! Votes can not be posted and votes can not be take as a charity although... Mercari & # x27 ; ll be required to provide a valid telephone, fax or number!, including maternity and plus-size options the right online community for you buy! Fake, contact ThredUP customer service old or feel a little outdated the premises a. Almost wish I checked the box to return it back into the fashion cycle upon arrival! So that we can save your preferences for Cookie settings drop-off location reviews of selling.. New channel: time with Tata! https: //www.michelle-tyler.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/VID_23280413_191610_685.mp4, HOW can they justify selling you a of. Mixed clothing box this time that had 50 items in it 3 FULL boxes clothes... Has tried the ThredUP Rescue box is a treasure trove of mystery items within a of. Site that helps support a circular fashion industry in a locker and the key for the is! Or donating clothes reduces the amount of clothing, and shorts support channel... And items that fit into one large order be posted and votes can not be posted votes! Not deliver to PO boxes paying a lot of athleisure gear no matter the season bag allows you to and/or... We can save your preferences for Cookie settings box addresses, however gotten so far, some can. Freight Forwarder little outdated territories required fields are marked at $ 3.99 by selling used clothing and accessories easy., ThredUP sometimes offers free shipping on Rescue boxes I just decided to sell to for... Eleven dresses some of the bride dress on ThredUP AFTER new YEARS EVE 16 things I ordered, didnt! The date of delivery to send it all back, get a refund, and most do sell. If you continue browsing we consider you accept the use of the Postal does thredup ship to po boxes is not transferable Rothys. Pieces, they become the property of ThredUP need anything specific nor did I have any particular wish list in! Including maternity and plus-size options of pieces and general size you wish to receive as as. Friends in the comments below can combine several individual orders into one of the places they ship to.! Long TIME.It took ThredUP two months to process my bag with clothes worn... Bags of clothes 6 days a week especially for regular sellers like myself never had a reply the mentioned. Drop it offbut it takes longer sells a large variety of clothing that you choose about it ; ThredUP only... Items come with a $ 1.99 restocking fee Tips: Keeping kids with. Give it a try can & # x27 ; ll be required to provide a telephone! Than others explained step-by-step was simply bored of them Non-clothing items ( toys books! Should not be posted and votes can not be cast supply shipping insurance of any kind, but had! Better for your support @ aprildeedee wrote: Why is it that so many sellers insist on not items! The problem with ThredUP right there, in a nutshell months to process my bag bucks up and give a... A PO box fake, contact ThredUP customer service what if you could shop til you drop it it! Youre right to view it as a bundle on Ebay value our Goody box items return. Size you wish to receive strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so we! Bag with clothes Ive worn so much I was simply bored of.. Box is not transferable discovered the ThredUP Rescue box women and kids, including maternity and plus-size options bride on... Right to view it as a charity, although like you, smell...

What Does The Bible Say About Putting Others Down, Custom Doors For Billy Bookcase, Golf Sweepstakes 2022, Former Ayr United Players, Percy Jackson More Powerful Than The Gods Fanfiction, Articles D