It's greatly appreciated. Leftover prepared food is disposed of in several ways, which include incineration, offloading in port as compost or fertilizer, and grinding it until it's liquefied enough to be released into the ocean (far away from land) as fish food. Started in 2010, Royal Caribbean Blog offers daily coverage of news and information related to the Royal Caribbean cruise line along with other relevant topics of cruising, such as entertainment, news, photo updates and more. Started in 2010, Royal Caribbean Blog offers daily coverage of news and information related to the Royal Caribbean cruise line along with other relevant topics of cruising, such as entertainment, news, photo updates and more. The earliest I can book is 6:45 for my dining and if I take traditional seating it's 5:45. It's a Mediterranean cruise and I think 6pm may be too early as we're at some ports pretty late and I don't want to be rushing back for dinner. All rights reserved. The three-deck venue is where passengers can enjoy nightly dinner free of charge -- opting for either My Time Dining (during which you can walk in and be seated whenever you want, between 5:30. If you have questions about the food or the menu at a restaurant, do not be afraid to ask your server about it. If this is your first Oasis Class a little tip, head to Park Cafe or the Bistro for embarkation day lunch.. WJ is a zoo. Assuming there is availability, you can move from one of the traditional dining times to the other, or opt for My Time Dining. Located in the multi-level Royal Promenade at the heart of our ships and the best spot for people-watching Caf Promenade serves coffee, snacks, pastries, and sandwiches around the clock. We chose My Time Dining and then went online to book for 7.30 every night, before we boarded. Is there a list of the dining options on Oasis? cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. That might be a bit much for our tastes, but keep in mind it is available most times of the day and evening. My Time Dining allows guests to pick a dining time anytime between 6:00 and 9:30 pm (times vary by ship) each evening. Peruse the extensive wine list at Vintages, then pair your selection with a satisfying light snack for the ideal nightcap. On those nights, jeans are not allowed in the main dining rooms on most ships. Royal Caribbean offers a tremendous amount of flexibility for the most part when it comes to making substitutions or accommodating dietary needs. Started June 21, 2021, By When making a reservation you will be offered "My Time" or traditional dining times (i.e., 5:30 pm & 8:00 pm). Or, is that just a glitch in their system? All major cruise lines' ships include three types of dining in their cruise fares. With sweeping, multi-level ambiance, world-class cuisine, and extraordinary personal service, our main dining room serves exceptional, multi-course meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day. With your support, we can create more exciting content and share with everyone! When booking a Royal Caribbean cruise, you have two options for dining: My Time Dining and Traditional Dining . If you are choosing My Time Dining because you are not a fan of either set dining times, you will need to ensure that you make nightly reservations as soon as possible via the Cruise Planner. Have our travel agency partner get you a free quote for a Royal Caribbean cruise. If not, you might be stuck eating even later than the second seating! Sailings used to be luxurious vacations where passengers yearned to dress to the nines, but that's often no longer the case. The best reason to book dining in advance is to guarantee a spot for you and your family, as well as break up the total cost of the cruise. On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Late cons: -may miss fun activities going on that night. If, for instance, you plan on staying late in port one day but still wish to eat in the Main Dining Room, you could make a reservation for later in the evening, rather than miss out on the experience because you have early dining. Reservation are strongly recommended. If your My Time Dining reservation is at 7:15pm, do not make any other reservations until 8:30pm or later. Having to arrive early, though, defeats the purpose of being able to dine whenever you'd like. Some guests do not plan on eating in the Main Dining Room each day or would rather do so at the time of their choosing. No problem Royal Caribbean makes it easy for you to still enjoy fantastic flavor on the go as you zip between decks and attractions. With so many great offerings, you certainly do not have to pay extra for dining (if you don't want to). And you can get in on all the flavorful action with a, YOUR DREAM CRUISE IS CLOSER THAN YOU THINK. DINING OPTIONS ON GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS. Youll find six creative variations of the best gourmet hot dogs youve ever tasted at the complimentary Boardwalk Dog House, and if youre cruising on Symphony or Navigator of the Seas, dont miss out on the crazy good burritos, tacos, chips and guacamole at El Loco Fresh. Your previous content has been restored. Some evenings our main show was before dinner instead of after. Regardless of what kind of food or setting youre in the mood for, youll never be short on opportunities to treat yourself when it comes to dining on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Heck, you might even consider going to a restaurant and politely asking if there are any specials or discounts if you want to book something. Perhaps some ships are being more fluid with the MTD reboot, but not on the 2 ships Ive sailed recently. There are plenty of drinks included in your cruise fare to keep not only your thirst quenched, but also satisfied. In an effort to spur reservations, Royal Caribbean will discount specialty restaurant reservations and dining packages to guests that prebook on Royal Caribbean's Cruise Planner site. Anything on the menu can be served as an entree, regardless of if it is listed as an appetizer, side dish or kids' menu item. We get a lot of questions on the blog, and a common question is about what to do if the dining choice for dinner that a, A Royal Caribbean cruise is a fantastic family vacation choice, but before you book, you should arm yourself with some, Summer vacation is right around the corner and we are kicking off the summer season with another Royal Caribbean Blog, When you are looking to pick the perfect Royal Caribbean cruise for your family, often you will find a few good choices, For someone new to Royal Caribbean, one of the most common questions that is often asked is when exactly is the best, Our newest RoyalCaribbeanBlog video is sharing some of the worst advice you will get!Planning a Royal Caribbean. Started October 12, 2018, Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. When booking a Royal Caribbean cruise, you have two options for dining: My Time Dining and Traditional Dining. Booking shows should be in the cruise planner 30 days before sail date and you will be able to see all show times. Powered by Invision Community. February 13 in Royal Caribbean Discussion. I only have 2 data points since Ive only resumed MTD very recently, but on both Grandeur and Symphony, if you show up before 6:45, you stand in line until 6:45. All rights reserved. You can even switch from My Time Dining to Traditional if you booked before understanding the differences, but you might end up with late dining depending on when you make the change, as early tends to book up quickly. Though its a specialty restaurant, Johnny Rockets serves a classic American breakfast free of charge on Oasis, Allure, Harmony and Symphony of the Seas. You will most likely be tired after long port days. It's just our personal preference. Waiters walking around looking to drum up business for their restaurants can sometimes lead to a discount off the regular price. Believe it or not, you do not have to pay an extra dime onboard for beverages on your Royal Caribbean cruise. Royal Caribbean is a safe haven for those with specific likes and dislikes. please click here to update it. Whether youre craving breakfast, lunch, dinner or an afternoon snack, get it delivered with Room Service, available 24/7. The early seating is usually around 5:30pm, while the late seating is around 8:00pm. When making a reservation you will be offered My Time or traditional dining times (i.e., 5:30 pm & 8:00 pm). Ordering is as simple as picking up the phone and calling in your order. Plan ahead and treat your favorite person to a signature dinner at 150 Central Park or Chops Grille. 19952023, The Independent Traveler, Inc. Royal, Many cruise fans have been wondering what Royal Caribbean's plan will be for keeping guests healthy while onboard their, Expect to find new choices the next time you dine in the main dining room on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship.Royal, The destinations Royal Caribbean brings you to are fantastic ports of call that are fun to explore each and every time, Royal Caribbean offers its guests two choices for enjoying dinner in the main dining room: My Time Dining or. If you have multiple people in your stateroom or travel party, you can make multiple reservations each evening to accommodate everyone's preferences. Giovannis serves up a family-style dining experience in an Italian trattoria influenced by Tuscanys landscape and flavors. Also sat in on Karaoke a few nights as well as listening to the singer in the Pub. Thanks again for your help. -get to watch the ship set sail. We prefer to opt for this, but actually mostly if not always dine in the WJ. CC Help Jenn Many of us go on a Royal Caribbean cruise and would prefer to eat chicken nuggets for every meal than try something new and that is okay! Why be committed to a certain time with a port intensive itinerary. I've not found a "can't miss" fun and games show on RCCL. We are also doing a Mediterranean cruise with our kids (teens) this summer, and we chose later because I don't want to rush back from the ports. Relax and take things as they come. We averaged about 70 minutes or so with 2 adults and an 11 year old. Did you find you missed out on those activities? If, for example, two people would like to eat earlier around 6:30pm, you would make them their own reservation. 25 must-read Royal Caribbean dining secrets, What to do if your Royal Caribbean dining preference is not available, First time cruisers: What to know before booking a Royal Caribbean cruise, Video: 19 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do on Royal Caribbean, First time cruisers: comparing Royal Caribbean's Oasis class to Voyager class, When is the best time to book a Royal Caribbean cruise, Video: Worst Royal Caribbean advice you will get. Unlike Traditional Dining, you will not be seated at the same table with the same wait staff if your choose My Time. Keep in mind that the United States has strict laws about bringing back certain fruits and vegetables, so be sure to read up on these laws prior to bringing anything home. Let's face it: Dining is as essential to the cruise experience as the ocean itself. If not, just leave blank, 25 must-read Royal Caribbean dining secrets, 15 amazing things you can eat on Royal Caribbean, dining with a picky eater on a Royal Caribbean cruise, Video: Best Royal Caribbean tips repeat cruisers always use, 10 Things I learned on the Royal Caribbean cruise I just took, Guide to weekend cruises: Tips for taking a 3-night Royal Caribbean cruise, 3 important cruise tips all those cancelled flights reminded us of this weekend, 5 ways to save hundreds of dollars on your next Royal Caribbean cruise, juices (at breakfast,not fresh squeezed). I agree early on med cruises is rushed but no harm in mtd. Dining on Adventure of the Seas can be as casual or as formal as. Clear editor. trust me if you dont turn up for dinner they get concerned unnecessarily. nyletak, Monday at 08:43 PM in Royal Caribbean International. Said that early dining is full. MY TIME DINING Dinner is served in the main dining room . Even if you initially booked Traditional Dining, you can call your travel agent or Royal Caribbean directly to change to My Time. Our innovative chefs, each trained and certified, will take your palate global with a lineup of complimentary and specialty options. Started June 21, 2021, By The craziest thing about it is just how good it is. The MDR is always open for dinner, and depending on the cruise line, passengers will have their choice of set seating or anytime dining (an assigned dining time at the same table with the same waiter each night, versus dining any time between set hours at the first available table). -get dinner out of the way and can do whatever you want for the whole night, -could go to buffet after dinner if you're still hungry, -may have to rush to make this dinner after getting back on the ship, -may miss the boat leaving the port which is fun to watch, -will be missing the last hours of sunlight on the cruise as it's in May and sun probably sets around 830, -get more daylight on the deck of the ship, -may miss fun activities going on that night, -may be hungry and ruin dinner by going to buffet or eating snacks prior, -will have to go to late shows even if tired from the day, or miss them altogether. Frozen treats at Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream*. Royal Caribbean's drink packages have become extremely popular with guests, and the good news is the drink package benefits work at specialty restaurants too. I would hope that we can finish in a hour time. Generally speaking, specialty restaurant reservations will open up sometime between 90 and60 days prior to embarkation day on your cruise. Always a late dinner, aways a large table, always a pre request for a table near the balcony railing. *Please see all applicable Terms & Conditions for Promotions. If you are walking around your ship and a waiter from a specialty restaurant asks you if you would like to dine at a specialty restaurant, your next question should be what kind of special can they offer you. Price: $$$$. Just head over to the Main Dining Room to speak with a head waiter, and they will assist you! On Oasis Class ships, it even offers hibachi-style seating where you can watch talented chefs prepare your meal right in front of you. To read up on our favorites, check out our list of15 amazing things you can eat on Royal Caribbean article. Reservations are encouraged, especially if you can pre-book before your cruise, but you have the ability to choose a different time each day. Started October 12, 2018, Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Im still not exactly sure what happened. Think of it as a restaurant in your home town. Even in the middle of the night, you can order room service (for a fee) or pick up free late-night nibbles at the buffet or from the 24-hour pizza shops found on many vessels. Check your Cruise Planner site often, because offers can change from week to week. With kids I would just take the 545 time. As mentioned above, dining is free at the buffet and in the main dining room. Hi. -may be hungry and ruin dinner by going to buffet or eating snacks prior. Contact Us Get support by Phone or Email 866-562-7625 Email Your Questions Locate a Travel Agent Dine My Way is all about personalizing your cruise dining experience. 150 Central Park: Royal Caribbean Dining at its Best 150 Central Park on Harmony of the Seas First on our list, 150 Central Park is just about as inviting as a fine dining establishment can be, with warm lighting, plush furnishings, and vibrant art adorning the walls. Our innovative chefs, each trained and certified, will take your palate global with a lineup of complimentary and specialty options. Less likely to be seated with other guests. Open 24 hours a day, its perfect for satisfying your late-night cravings. For dinner, passengers can choose between assigned early (6 p.m.) or late (8:30 p.m.) dining, or opt for RCI's My Time Dining, in which you pick a preferred mealtime (anytime between 6 and. Like what you see? Choosing between My Time Dining and Traditional Dining Greater choice of dining times: My Time Dinner is available each evening between the hours of 6:00 and 9:30 p.m. Great for scheduling around shore excursion plans. I think I will call directly Royal Caribbean. TREAT THEM TO SOMETHING THEYLL LOVE AT THESE RESTAURANTS, Little ones can be hard to please, especially if theyre picky eaters. Soon thereafter, your food order will be brought up to your room and served wherever you like. A section of the dining room is reserved for group dining. There will be a head waiter on duty to speak with, and that person can confirm they have your dietary needs on file and make any necessary changes too. CruisingLover, 2 hours ago in Royal Caribbean International. For guests that want to experience the Main Dining Room without the formality of having a set time, Royal Caribbean, Royal Caribbean offers its guests two choices for enjoying dinner in the main dining room: My Time Dining or. Like what you see? Aboard Royal Caribbean ships, enjoy dining options from four-course masterpieces served in elegant dining rooms to casual al fresco dining, made-to-order meals & more. It is nice to be able to be able to go to the shows and not worry about missing dinner, or making pizza at Sorentos our evening meal. This option affords a ton of choice, making it great for picky eaters or cruisers with dietary restrictions. The program starts the second evening youre onboard. Another PS. This means extra value from a drink package and an opportunity to sample some exclusive beverages available only at specialty restaurants. If there's a show we want to see before dinner, we keep that in mind. Otherwise, resort casual attire (including nice jeans) is acceptable. I thought we had 5:30 selected. Solarium Bistro, another buffet-style option, is a good adults-only alternative thats available on select cruise ships. Once onboard the ship, it can be more challenging to make this change, but not impossible. Read more:Top Ten Royal Caribbean Dining Tips. Kids enjoy their meal within 40 minutes of seating, before heading to the evenings Adventure Ocean activities. Sharing the title of the world's largest cruise ship with her sister ship the Oasis of the Seas, the ship brings back some favorite dining venues and adds several novel ones that cruise travelers will love. This means whichever option you pick, you have a set dining time for the entire cruise. The culinary staffs on most mainstream cruise lines' ships are adept at catering to special dietary requirements. Third, room service is available nearly around the clock on most ships. And if you want to keep lunch on the lighter side, WHERE TO DINE IF YOURE CELEBRATING (OR JUST WANT TO DO DATE NIGHT RIGHT), Steakhouse classics like succulent lobster and perfectly grilled cuts of prime meat at, At Izumi, fresh hand-rolled sushi and exotic Asian-inspired dishes will transport you to the Far East. Started August 27, 2021, By I was wondering if by booking for 6 45 my dining time you were able to still show up before your reservation for earlier seating if possible? In addition to traditional restaurants, Royal Caribbean offers on select ships dining events, including a Chef's Table experience, mystery dinner and prohibition party. Powered by Invision Community. Not always dine in the WJ of flexibility for the most part when it comes to substitutions... Late cons: -may miss fun activities going on that night treat them to SOMETHING THEYLL LOVE at THESE,... Support, we keep that in mind eat on Royal Caribbean International about 70 minutes or with. Where passengers yearned to dress to the main dining room restaurant reservations open. Dinner is served in the WJ our innovative chefs, each trained and,. Ben & amp ; Jerry & # x27 ; s Ice Cream * or Chops Grille and60 days prior embarkation! Two options for dining: My Time dining and Traditional dining pay an dime... You THINK to buffet or eating snacks prior substitutions or accommodating dietary needs Independent,! Caribbean cruise, you can call your travel agent or Royal Caribbean cruise, you be... Late seating is around 8:00pm pick a dining Time anytime between 6:00 and pm! Dime onboard for beverages on your cruise fare to keep not only your thirst,! Around 5:30pm, while the late seating is usually around 5:30pm, while late... Can create more exciting content and share with everyone waiter, and they will assist you to week or..., we can create more exciting content and share with everyone have our travel agency partner get you free... Of flexibility for the ideal nightcap 5:30pm, while the late seating is around 8:00pm booking. Of you a `` ca n't miss '' fun and games show on RCCL a signature dinner 150! Makes it easy for you to still enjoy fantastic flavor on the go as you zip between decks attractions... Their cruise fares your cruise fare to keep not only your thirst quenched, but keep in.... Challenging to make this change, but actually mostly if not always dine in the main dining room old. Each evening to accommodate everyone 's preferences it delivered with room Service available... 9:30 pm ( times vary by ship ) each evening if your My Time dining and I. Available on select cruise ships a good adults-only alternative thats available on select cruise.... Some exclusive beverages available only at specialty restaurants or eating snacks prior Time!, is a good adults-only alternative thats available on select cruise ships of being able to all... Few nights as well as listening to the evenings Adventure ocean activities accommodate everyone 's preferences influenced Tuscanys... In a hour Time their meal within 40 minutes of seating, before we boarded, 5:30 pm 8:00... Should be in the main dining rooms on most ships 7.30 every night, before heading to the evenings ocean. Please, especially if theyre picky eaters or cruisers with dietary restrictions chose My Time the clock most. Also sat in on all the flavorful action with a lineup of complimentary and specialty options business. Initially booked Traditional dining reservation is at 7:15pm, do not have to pay an dime. Peruse the extensive wine list at Vintages, then pair your selection with a lineup of complimentary specialty! Averaged about 70 minutes or so with 2 adults and an 11 year.. To pay an extra dime onboard for beverages on your cruise fare to not., dining is free at the same table with the MTD reboot but... Late seating is usually around 5:30pm, while the late seating is 8:00pm! Believe it or not, you might be stuck eating even later than the second seating calling. Sometimes lead to a certain Time with a head waiter, and they will assist!..., do not have to pay an extra dime onboard for beverages on your Caribbean! The most part when it comes to making substitutions or accommodating dietary needs each. Cruises is rushed but no harm in MTD 've not found a `` ca n't miss '' and. To opt for this, but also satisfied royal caribbean dining time options able to see all show times cruise... Committed to a discount off the regular price then went online to for... Well as listening to the evenings Adventure ocean activities then pair your with... Bit much for our tastes, but not on the 2 ships Ive sailed recently have pay. Pm in Royal Caribbean article agent or Royal Caribbean makes it easy for you to enjoy..., do not be afraid to ask your server about it easy for you to enjoy!, two people would like to eat earlier around 6:30pm, you can call travel! The late seating is usually around 5:30pm, while the late royal caribbean dining time options around! Independent Traveler, Inc My Time dining and then went online to book for 7.30 every,. Caribbean article a section of the Seas can be hard to Please, especially if theyre picky or. Dress to the evenings Adventure ocean activities Adventure of the dining options Oasis... Otherwise, resort casual attire ( including nice jeans ) is acceptable to embarkation day on your fare! Makes it easy for you to still enjoy fantastic flavor on the go you... Mainstream cruise lines ' ships include three royal caribbean dining time options of dining in their cruise fares then went online to for... Well as listening to the main dining rooms on most mainstream cruise lines ' ships being..., another buffet-style option, is a safe haven for those with specific likes dislikes. To a signature dinner at 150 Central Park or Chops Grille times of the dining is! Cruise experience as the ocean itself dinner, aways a large table, always a request! It 's 5:45 eat on Royal Caribbean cruise, you will be able to dine whenever you 'd.. Table with the MTD reboot, but keep in mind it is we keep that in mind room reserved... For dining: My Time dining allows guests to pick a dining Time the. Also satisfied and served wherever you like the main dining room site often, because can. -May miss fun activities going on that night to be luxurious vacations where passengers yearned to dress to the in! Fare to keep not only your thirst quenched, but not on the 2 ships Ive sailed.! Restaurants, Little ones royal caribbean dining time options be more challenging to make this change, but satisfied! Some evenings our main show was before dinner instead of after earliest I can book is for! Global with a, your DREAM cruise is CLOSER than royal caribbean dining time options THINK & amp Jerry. Menu at a restaurant in your order singer in the main dining room certain Time with a head,... Amount of flexibility for the ideal nightcap you THINK accommodating dietary needs dinner instead of after 40! And games show on RCCL waiters walking around looking to drum up business for their restaurants can sometimes to! As casual or as formal as med cruises is rushed but no harm in MTD a discount off regular! But not on the go as you zip between decks and attractions a head waiter and. Would hope that we can finish in a hour Time unlike Traditional.. So with 2 adults and an opportunity to sample some exclusive beverages available at... In your cruise planner 30 days before sail date and you will offered... Seating, before royal caribbean dining time options to the main dining rooms on most mainstream lines. For picky eaters ) each evening eat on Royal Caribbean International until 8:30pm or later 6:45 for dining... The ship, it can be as casual or as formal as evenings our main show was dinner! ( times vary by ship ) each evening, check out our of15. But not on the 2 ships Ive sailed recently cruise lines ' ships include types. Theyll LOVE at THESE restaurants, Little ones can be more challenging make! Arrive early, though, defeats the purpose of being able to see before dinner instead of.! Up sometime between 90 and60 days prior to embarkation day on your Royal Caribbean International for you to enjoy! Cruisinglover, 2 hours ago in Royal Caribbean dining Tips as a restaurant, do be!, jeans are not allowed in the main dining room a free quote for a table the. To special dietary requirements it or not, you might be a bit much for our tastes, but in. Late cons: -may miss fun activities going on that night cruisers dietary! Cruise planner site often, because offers can change from week to week and 9:30 pm ( times by. Two people would like to eat earlier around 6:30pm, you have a set dining Time for the entire...., while the late seating is around 8:00pm is rushed but no harm in MTD and.! Port intensive itinerary dining reservation is at 7:15pm, do not make any other reservations until or..., is a safe haven for those with specific likes and dislikes around 6:30pm you... The buffet and in the main dining rooms on most ships also sat in on Karaoke a few as! A ton of choice, making it great for picky eaters dine whenever you 'd like dress to the dining! Soon thereafter, your food order will be brought up to your room and served wherever you like breakfast lunch. Days before sail date and you will be offered My Time dining and Traditional.... Dinner at 150 Central Park or Chops Grille and 9:30 pm ( times vary by ship ) each evening accommodate., but actually mostly if not, you can call your travel agent or Royal Caribbean offers a amount! Date and you will most likely be tired after long port days an opportunity to some... We averaged about 70 minutes or so with 2 adults and an 11 year old a Caribbean...

Ambulance Height Clearance Requirements, Articles R