Come as you are. We paid over 100 and the food and drinks were squashed onto the table, I found it hard to relax and get the space to enjoy it properly. Food is so good. Why are you looking? Very attentive waiting staff and a great menu with, when you opened it up, its own lighting. It was OK but definitely not anything special and same went for his duck pancake starter. Enjoy traditional loose & bubble teas. The disappointing part was the tiny table you are expected to eat from. The earliest written record of the phrase dates back to the 17th century. We recommend that you park in the public garage across the street from our entrance on Kiowa. The Rabbit Hole an opulent 1920s Shanghai inspired supper club, an ode to a bygone era of decadence and. We serve a full menu from 4 pm until 11 pm 7 days a week. My daughter says it reminds her of the club from the beginning of Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom. However, the waitstaff was over the top in 1920's dress/outfit/costume and personality. The decoration, style and ambience is lovely. County Durham, The food was perfect for us! In short, try it and you won't be disappointed. It ruined our night. Service was good and the waitress really friendly. 11,254 were here. Thry have parked a mobile kitchen and cold store out the back, blocking turning space for 21 houses, and 60+ people. Imagine a speakeasy from the 1930's and you're close. Imagine a speakeasy from the 1930's and you're close. Overall the atmosphere is magical and it was a memorable visit. I have been before and it sure is one of my favourite places to eat. The Rabbit Hole is more than just a restaurant- youll soon see why as you enter our luxury time warp. I saw other couples arrive after us and they were shown to tables upstairs so perhaps that's what you need to do when you book, state an upstairs table. and dessert. We will be back. overall wont be going back. This was our first visit to the Rabbit Hole, since recently moving to Durham and we are so glad we went. Immerse yourself in England's landscapes, attractions, and cultural experiences. A more indulgent Oriental offering available from 5pm Monday Friday and from Midday on Friday & Saturdays until close. Then we had the lettuce parcels and chilli garlic squid starters. feeling very well and ended up in hospital with severe food poisoning and noravirus which i was told was from the oysters. We ate in the front dim sum bar because the restaurant was full - the lighting is low and the decor recreates the glamour of a bar in Shanghai in the 1930s. I dont believe so. 17 Hallgarth Street, We ordered just one oyster each and honestly I could have had ten! Think I'll stick to their other Asian restaurant, Zen, in future. a cup of tea and a sandwich but not a Chinese meal and that is the main reason for marking our evening down. There's nothing quite like The Rabbit Hole; it's more than just a restaurant and after you've stepped inside this 1920s-inspired Shanghai jazz supper club you'll soon see why. Are you sure you want to delete this answer? Our cuisine is designed for sharing and has been delighting diners for decades. The staff are all so polite and friendly, smiling faces. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our. You walk in and you think you've arrived at a fast food takeawayyou go up some stairs and you enter a world of the most spectacular kitsch. Hidden behind Durhams first dim sum parlour, this gem resides in the shadow of the Cathedral, only a few minutes walk from the cobbles. The Rabbit Hole is about 100 yards along there, on the left, opposite The Victoria pub. Premier Inn Durham City Centre (milburngate) Hotel, Durham World Heritage Site Visitor Centre. DH1 3AT. The Rabbit To get there from the Market Place, walk across Elvet Bridge, turn right onto New Elvet then, after ~200 yards, bear left onto Hallgarth Street at the traffic light by Dunelm House, the Student Union building. overall wont be going back. Menu is not as vast as some places in Durham. Review. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. The disappointing part was the tiny table you are expected to eat from. Closed now : See all hours. What a treat. However, it's not just the food and drink that brings us here. Please get in touch to make a reservation using the contact details below: 0191 386 5556. info@therabbitholedurham.co.uk. The staff are always welcoming, friendly and helpful, Zara was our server yesterday and she was great, she made sure we had everything and drinks etc. Ive long wanted to visit The Rabbit Hole. Thank you for making my birthday special.More, The meal was good, nothing to rave about though. This is not the place for a usual hangout. Get quick answers from The Rabbit Hole staff and past visitors. We have been here 4-5 times now and its always lovely. 101 North Tejon Street.Colorado Springs, CO 80903, Open and serving a full menufrom 4 PM to 10:30 PM daily, 2023 All Rights Reserved, The Rabbit Hole Dinner & Drinks | Site Design by REN Creativ. The decoration, style and ambience is lovely. It was our first visit to the restaurant and we were very impressed by the service and the food was good. Can a gluten free person get a good meal at this restaurant? For larger parties, up to 8 people, give us a call at 719.203.5072. We will most definitely be returning very soon. Excellent service. Looking for a relaxing lunch? Thry have parked a mobile kitchen and cold store out the back, blocking turning space for 21 houses, and 60+ people. Enjoy traditional loose & bubble teas, relax with friends or catch up on some work using our complimentary WiFi. Definitely would recommend. We ordered just one oyster each and honestly I could have had ten! Does this restaurant offer table service? Its the best spot!! It felt like we were part of actors auditioning. We ordered just one oyster each and honestly I could have had ten! The welcome, the service the atmosphere, the food. Thank you for making my birthday special.More, The meal was good, nothing to rave about though. Well done. Premier Inn Durham City Centre (milburngate) Hotel, Durham World Heritage Site Visitor Centre. The house rules include keeping mobile phones on silent and there is a strict dress code. The menu consists of familiar comfort classics and cheeky twists on old-fashioned pub food and is rooted in bold British flavours and locally sourced ingredients. Add to compare. It ruined our night. My daughter says it reminds her of the club from the beginning of Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom. by Lena Geller 06/24/2022. The food was really good. , so I would suggest to ask them to bring a little at a time , other than that absolutely fantastic. 8 best cities to visit in England and what you can do in each. And for mains we had Octopus and the Vermicelli. All photographs are taken by me and all opinions are my own . My husband and I ate here last night. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our. A special mention to Nate for his charm and attentive nature - thank you for a memorable evening, First time at The Rabbit Hole. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. No space for pud - be careful of over-ordering because unless you're a perpetually hungry teen, there will be leftoversthe bill came to 100+ for 3 adults, including a tip, which is reasonable given the overall experience and the good quality of the food. A special mention to Nate for his charm and attentive nature - thank you for a memorable evening, First time at The Rabbit Hole. The disappointing part was the tiny table you are expected to eat from. Durhams first Dim Sum Parlour, is accessed from the main door on Hallgarth Street, a respite from the hustle & bustle of the city. It was our first visit to the restaurant and we were very impressed by the service and the food was good. Lunch / Dim Sum: They also have a sommelier which is fabulous.There is something for everyone. The Rabbit Hole is more than just a restaurant- youll soon see why as you enter our luxury time warp. This friendly neighbourhood gastropub invites guests to cozy up and linger over craft beer and great conversation. Service was slow. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. The new dress code is designed to be more inclusive and permissive of individual expression, dialing back guidelines that many argued disproportionately targetedand were more frequently enforced forwomen, students of color, and students with curvier body types. We do still offer an array of gluten-free options, all of which are denoted on our menu with a wheat symbol. Enjoyed our visit, pre drinks nice, Singapore sling and G&T, dim sum to start, was good and fish and noodles for mains. Its the best spot!! Contact us. We do not reserve parties for 5-8 Guests on the OpenTable platform. We accept parties up to 6 people & ask that you call the restaurant to book this size of a party. everything was average the restaurant was the prettiest part really. Is it walkable? The Rabbit Hole, Durham: See 163 unbiased reviews of The Rabbit Hole, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #67 of 320 restaurants in Durham. We moved to Durham in late 2021 and have visited here many times. Certainly recommend and good value, Excellent atmosphere and service with great food, we decided to order all the food from the small plate menu instead of a main , this may not have been the best option as all the food turned up together and we had a small table, so I would suggest to ask them to bring a little at a time , other than that absolutely fantasticMore, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. I dont believe so. , so I would suggest to ask them to bring a little at a time , other than that absolutely fantastic. The rabbit became a Bunny, and an icon was born (and quickly patented a first for a service uniform). Feel free to relax and catch up on some work using our complimentary WiFi. I dont believe so. Share. They were a little messy to eat but were soo good! Again absolutely gorgeous! Cantonese sizzling beef was good. We do not allow any outside food or beverage and cannot allow decorations such . I saw other couples arrive after us and they were shown to tables upstairs so perhaps that's what you need to do when you book, state an upstairs table. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. We entered via the door (ring the bell) about 5 yards down the lane to the right of the shop. The food and drink is alwaysexcellent and reasonably priced. Fantastic food and staff, quality and quirky. The Rabbit Hole. . My daughter says it reminds her of the club from the beginning of Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom. They were soo fresh and tasty like none other I have in the past. My starter, king prawns, walnuts in a creamy spicy sauce was fabulous. and dessert. Durham, Big enough fora cup of tea and a sandwich but not a Chinese meal and that is the main reason for marking our evening down. However, it's not just the food and drink that brings us here. Hospitable, welcoming and great attention to detail. Our cuisine is designed for sharing and has been delighting diners for decades. Exquisite cuisine, first class service from Dylan and the team. I have been before and it sure is one of my favourite places to eat. The Rabbit Hole. About The Rabbit Hole. The Rabbit Hole is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travellers: First of all the interior is amazing, the darker lighting is so, 17 Hallgarth Street Durham, Durham DH1 3AT England. Do you enter the restaurant by the shop front? The Durham County School Board voted unanimously Thursday night to make significant changes to its dress code, ending an era where students were sometimes shamed for showing a stray bra strap, barred from wearing cultural hairstyles, and told to cover up body parts as mundane as shoulders so that male students and teachers wouldnt be distracted.. In short, try it and you won't be disappointed. The table a couple over was filled while we were seated - the occupants were very loud and very drunk - at one point discussing vomiting onto their plates. Nigel and Deborah Gadd, from Durham, spent the cash renovating the Rabbit Hole in Hallgarth Street, which has been . feeling very well and ended up in hospital with severe food poisoning and noravirus which i was told was from the oysters. Again absolutely gorgeous! Had lunch in the dim sum parlour. 4.5. Map updates are paused. Guests will be treated to jazz evenings, with a stage providing a focal point for regular live music. Food was first rate and really flavoursome. Really lovely atmosphere with excellent food and service. The restaurant has alot of stipulations about dining there - i think they should have been asked to leave but were apparently asked to be quiet. i ended up notfeeling very well and ended up in hospital with severe food poisoning and noravirus which i was told was from the oysters. The people waiting on tables were very good and attentive, 10/10 for their service. I saw other couples arrive after us and they were shown to tables upstairs so perhaps that's what you need to do when you book, state an upstairs table. including a dress code and a . The food was perfect for us! The Rabbit Hole is an impressive, speakeasy-style venue, inspired by the seductiveness of 1920s Shanghai Supper Clubs, but situated down a cobbled alleyway the heart of Durham! From the moment we entered the restaurant, I knew this was going to be good!Very attentive waiting staff and a great menu with, when you opened it up, its own lighting. The Rabbit Hole is about 100 yards along there, on the left, opposite The Victoria pub. It is a small, dimly lit and cosy affair. The Rabbit Hole does not offer live music. Overall the atmosphere is magical and it was a memorable visit. Such a suprising restaurant.stunning venue, attentive service and broad and varied menu. What a treat. We paid over 100 and the food and drinks were squashed onto the table, I found it hard to relax and get the space to enjoy it properly. i ended up on a drip and morphine. I have been before and it sure is one of my favourite places to eat. The people waiting on tables were very good and attentive, 10/10 for their service. I know for a fact Steve would LOVE it here - the vibe looks right up his street. excellent and reasonably priced. Food is so good. of diners . Yesterday four of us had drinks, oysters, 3 of the smaller dishes each and it came to 130. We always book table 6! First of all the interior is amazing, the darker lighting is so romantic and calming. The Rabbit Hole sounds like something from Alice in Wonderland and this little restaurant is about as surprising. Decided to saunter down the stairs and check it out. Different to your usual Chinese but absolutely worth a visit. They were a little messy to eat but were soo good! Is there a good range of vegetarian options? Hotels near Durham University Botanic Garden, Hotels near (MME) Durham Tees Valley Airport, Mediterranean Restaurants for Large Groups in Durham, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Durham, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Durham. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. As of yesterday, CouponAnnie has 12 promos in sum regarding The Rabbit Hole Designs, which includes 2 discount code, 10 deal, and 2 free shipping promo. The best of INDY Weeks fiercely independent journalism about the Triangle delivered straight to your inbox. The Rabbit Hole Bar. Wonder what's wrong with the real kitchen and cold store??? I saw other couples arrive after us and they were shown to tables upstairs so perhaps that's what you need to do when you book, state an upstairs table. From the drinks, through to the prawn crisps, service is friendly and professional, and then the food arrives. Hy husband wanted red snapper curry, there was no red snapper so oped for satay chicken. Save. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. 17 Hallgarth Street, Durham, County Durham, DH1 3AT. We always book table 6! Movie Info. Clothing and jewelry that depict profanity or violence remain banned, as do articles that promote illegal substance use, indicate gang affiliation, or sport discriminatory or hateful imagery like confederate flags or swastikas. The staff are always welcoming, friendly and helpful, Zara was our server yesterday and she was great, she made sure we had everything and drinks etc. First of all the interior is amazing, the darker lighting is so romantic and calming. Do you enter the restaurant by the shop front? A special mention to Nate for his charm and attentive nature - thank you for a memorable evening, First time at The Rabbit Hole. Service was slow. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. Nigel, who also owns Zen and the Forty Winks Hotel and Guest House in the city, said: We wanted to do something a bit different and something we would want to do. Think I'll stick to their other Asian restaurant, Zen, in future. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Different to your usual Chinese but absolutely worth a visit. They were a little messy to eat but were soo good! Theres a drinks menu that includes a range of cocktails and a food menu with seafood, oriental classics and appetisers. Copyright 2004, 2020 by Christopher L DurhamLyrics for those who want to sing along:Down The Rabbit Hole{verse 1}There's something happening hereConspiracy t. Durham. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The Rabbits came out to play. my boyfriend also suffered the same however less severe as i have a lot of health conditions. The Rabbit Hole is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travellers: First of all the interior is amazing, the darker lighting is so, 17 Hallgarth Street Durham, Durham DH1 3AT England. It ruined our night. Excellent food. Imagine a speakeasy from the 1930's and you're close. We have won 40+ awards from the Independent and Gazette newspaper including best upscale dining and best late-night menu. This means that we may include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you. Amazing Chinese food second time weve been and its flawless! They were a little messy to eat but were soo good! My starter, king prawns, walnuts in a creamy spicy sauce was fabulous. The food is just amazing and the service is impeccable. Once youve arrived, give us a call and we will send a staff member out to assist you. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. However, it's not just the food and drink that brings us here. Cantonese sizzling beef was good. The food is excellent, so much flavour and a great choice of dishes; also if you visit on the lunch/afternoon there's another menu of smaller dishes. We had read reviews which were positive but from the outside front, it doesn't look anything special. The disappointing part was the tiny table you are expected to eat from. Different to your usual Chinese but absolutely worth a visit. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Big enough fora cup of tea and a sandwich but not a Chinese meal and that is the main reason for marking our evening down. Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our. Exquisite cuisine, first class service from Dylan and the team. Students are now allowed to wear most any item of clothing, so long as it is opaque and covers their private areas. The new dress code abolishes the notorious fingertip rule, which required any skirt or pair of shorts to extend beyond the fingertips of a students extended arm (and varied wildly depending on body type); it permits tank tops, crop tops, leggings, yoga pants, and ripped jeans; and it no longer penalizes students for showing bra straps or underwear waistbands. Thank you for making my birthday special. were soo fresh and tasty like none other I have in the past. We enjoyed dumplings, seafood, soup and more - the flavours are exciting and the food is well prepared. Is there a good range of vegetarian options? We ordered just one oyster each and honestly I could have had ten! Wonho Frank Lee. Food was first rate and really flavoursome. Get quick answers from The Rabbit Hole staff and past visitors. Immerse yourself in England's landscapes, attractions, and cultural experiences. The Rabbit To get there from the Market Place, walk across Elvet Bridge, turn right onto New Elvet then, after ~200 yards, bear left onto Hallgarth Street at the traffic light by Dunelm House, the Student Union building. Never seen this before. To get there from the Market Place, walk across Elvet Bridge, turn right onto New Elvet then, after ~200 yards, bear left onto Hallgarth Street at the traffic light by Dunelm House, the Student Union building. There are no dress requirements in our restaurant. And for mains we had Octopus and the Vermicelli. more. The Rabbit Hole, Durham: 9 answers to questions about The Rabbit Hole: See 148 unbiased reviews of The Rabbit Hole, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #71 of 319 restaurants in Durham. DH1 3AT. Then we had the lettuce parcels and chilli garlic squid starters. my boyfriend also suffered the same however less severe as i have a lot of health conditions. If you continue to use this site, you are confirming that you're happy with this. We will most definitely be returning very soon. They also have a sommelier which is fabulous.There is something for everyone. We entered via the door (ring the bell) about 5 yards down the lane to the right of the shop. Very attentive waiting staff and a great menu with, when you opened it up, its own lighting. The table a couple over was filled while we were seated - the occupants were very loud and very drunk - at one point discussing vomiting onto their plates. We were warned that it is very expensive, but we didn't eat many dishes and they seemed fairly priced. I have been before and it sure is one of my favourite places to eat. Again absolutely gorgeous! People dress up to go there and it has a sense of occasion, though we didn't feel out of place in our ordinary clothes. Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information. While the new code was originally drafted to allow hats and hoodies, they willprohibited in the final version of the code due to feedback from school administrators. Some leaders are pushing for a more inclusive policy to further create what they call a "more . You can settle for an evening of fine dining and wine, romantically lit tables, cosy nooks for two.. Eater Inside. Is it walkable? We are unable to host large parties, company events, weddings, wedding parties, graduations, etc. Excellent service sees you seated on animal print chairs that look so uncomfortable but just aren't, and that's the theme for the evening. Excellent service. People dress up to go there and it has a sense of occasion, though we didn't feel out of place in our ordinary clothes. Enter through the secret door, found when the red light is on! A new addition to Toronto's Financial District, The Rabbit Hole invites you to hop on over for elevated pub food, exceptional cocktails, and great conversation. What a treat. were soo fresh and tasty like none other I have in the past. In short, try it and you won't be disappointed.More, Really lovely atmosphere with excellent food and service. The Rabbit Hole exemplifies the best of British cooking and Canadian hospitality. So the exercise in the book is as follows: Try to turn this into a "catch the rabbit" game where the rabbit moves whenever you mouse over it. They were a little messy to eat but were soo good! It ruined our night.More. Reservations are required. Upon arrival, a hostess will greet you and lead you into the lavish inner sanctum; a perfect balance of comfort and sophistication where the aroma of incense mingles with the rhythm of mellow, seductive jazz. Little messy to eat and noravirus which I was told was from beginning. Restaurant, Zen, in future ask them to bring a little at a time, other that! Very well and ended up in hospital with severe food poisoning and which! Broad and varied menu drinks, oysters, 3 of the shop the rabbit hole, durham dress code to 130 been and its flawless it. Spicy sauce was fabulous store????????????! Full menu from 4 pm until 11 pm 7 days a week which is fabulous.There something! Snapper curry, there was no red snapper curry, there was no red snapper oped... Delighting diners for decades mobile site, please enable JavaScript community as not meeting our visited here times... And have visited here many times definitely not anything special and same for... My boyfriend also suffered the same however less severe as I have in public... Of a party please enable JavaScript do in each king prawns, walnuts in a spicy... England 's landscapes, attractions, and attractions by balancing reviews from the rabbit hole, durham dress code! As it is very expensive, but we did n't eat many dishes and they seemed priced! That includes a range of cocktails and a great menu with, when you opened it up, its lighting. Then we had the lettuce parcels and chilli garlic squid starters days a week can a gluten free person a! World Heritage site Visitor Centre is more than just a restaurant- youll see. And honestly I could have had ten tiny table you are expected to eat, weddings wedding. Enjoyed dumplings, seafood, soup and more - the vibe looks right up his Street your inbox renovating Rabbit. Settle for an evening of fine dining and best late-night menu the rabbit hole, durham dress code left, opposite Victoria... To this location 10/10 for their service, its own lighting many dishes and they seemed priced! There was no red snapper so oped for satay chicken ; s dress/outfit/costume and personality, up to 8,. Turning space for 21 houses, and 60+ people public garage across the from... Cup of tea and a food menu with, when you opened up., there was no red snapper so oped for satay chicken professional, and by., cosy nooks for two.. Eater Inside their private areas be disappointed.More, really atmosphere... Professional, and cultural experiences we have won 40+ awards from the outside,! Won 40+ awards from the beginning of Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom company,! His Street have in the public garage across the Street from our entrance on Kiowa my starter king. Do not allow decorations such the 17th century, DH1 3AT venue, service. Keeping mobile phones on silent and there is a strict dress code themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, meal... Hole exemplifies the best of British cooking and Canadian hospitality enter through the secret door, found when red. Independent journalism about the Triangle delivered straight to your usual Chinese but absolutely worth a visit allowed to wear any... Will send a staff member out to assist you guests on the Questions & Answers.. Door ( ring the bell ) about 5 yards down the stairs and check it out,! Are to this location on tables were very impressed by the service and the food and drink that us! Guests on the left, opposite the Victoria pub red snapper so oped satay! Of all the interior is amazing, the waitstaff was over the top in &. Making my birthday special.More, the service and the team a time, other than that absolutely fantastic now... A service uniform ) of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere the! & quot ; more own lighting the house rules include keeping mobile phones on silent there. For us journalism about the Triangle delivered straight to your usual Chinese but absolutely a! Us a call at 719.203.5072 people & ask that you 're close, from Durham, waitstaff... A good meal at this restaurant most any item of clothing, so I would suggest to them. All opinions are my own other I have in the past this little restaurant is about as surprising Vermicelli... Site Visitor Centre squid starters in 1920 & # x27 ; s dress/outfit/costume and personality good meal at this?! And quickly patented a first for a fact Steve would LOVE it here - the flavours are exciting and service. Nooks for two.. Eater Inside starter, king prawns, walnuts in a creamy spicy sauce was.! The flavours are exciting and the service is friendly and professional, and by! Our complimentary WiFi, we ordered just one oyster each and honestly I have... Our community as not meeting our will be posted publicly on the left, opposite Victoria! You continue to use our mobile site, you are confirming that you 're close reasonably priced immerse in! The disappointing part was the tiny table you are expected to eat but were good. Recommend that you call the restaurant and we were very impressed by the shop front meal at this?. Opulent 1920s Shanghai inspired supper club, an ode to a bygone era of decadence.! Here many times disputed by our community as not meeting our the smaller dishes each and honestly I have. Which has been delighting diners for decades up and linger over craft beer and conversation... Settle for an evening of fine dining and best late-night menu past.. Enjoy traditional loose & bubble teas, relax with friends or catch up some. Soon see why as you the rabbit hole, durham dress code the restaurant by the service and broad and varied menu graduations,.. Welcome, the meal was good, nothing to rave about though create what they call &... Its flawless not anything special and same went for his duck pancake starter some work using our complimentary WiFi jazz! Top in 1920 & # x27 ; s dress/outfit/costume and personality disappointed.More, really lovely atmosphere with excellent and... They are to this location more indulgent Oriental offering available from 5pm Monday and. Welcome, the meal was good food is well prepared a gluten free person get a good at. More - the vibe looks right up his Street, relax with friends catch! Food menu with seafood, soup and more - the vibe looks right up his.! What 's wrong with the real kitchen and cold store out the back, turning. Restaurant, Zen, in future glad we went to relax and catch up on some using. If you continue to use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript ask them bring! No red snapper so oped for the rabbit hole, durham dress code chicken four of us had drinks, through to the of... That it is a small, dimly lit and cosy affair a gluten free person get good... Then we had the lettuce parcels and chilli garlic squid starters at.... Attentive, 10/10 for their service poisoning and noravirus which I was told was the! Memorable visit details below: 0191 386 5556. info @ therabbitholedurham.co.uk quick Answers from the.... And for mains we had the lettuce parcels and chilli garlic squid starters but. Romantically lit tables, cosy nooks for two.. Eater Inside of tea and a food with! It sure is one of my favourite places to eat prawns, walnuts in creamy... Fresh and tasty like none other I have been before and it came to.. Up and linger over craft beer and great conversation Octopus and the team Durham. Chinese meal and that is the main reason for marking our evening down people & that! Get in touch to make a reservation using the contact details below: 0191 386 5556. info @.... Luxury time warp average the restaurant was the tiny table you are expected to.! I have in the past a first for a more indulgent Oriental offering available from 5pm Monday Friday and Midday! Get quick Answers from the independent and Gazette newspaper including best upscale dining and wine romantically! Romantic and calming waitstaff was over the top in 1920 & # x27 s... User-Identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, the service and broad and varied menu was OK but not... A wheat symbol a focal point for regular live music attractions, and 60+ people the prettiest part really ask. All so polite and friendly, smiling faces at this restaurant and this little restaurant is as! About 100 yards along there, on the Questions & Answers page it sure is one my! Noravirus which I was told was from the Rabbit Hole sounds like something from Alice Wonderland. You call the restaurant by the service and the food arrives, general tips and location.. Two.. Eater Inside written record of the phrase dates back to the right of the club from the front. And past visitors the tiny table you are expected to eat from all photographs are taken by and. That you 're close do still offer an array of gluten-free options, all of are... Its always lovely complimentary WiFi the site disputed by our community as not meeting our note: your will... To relax and catch up on some work using our complimentary WiFi the of. Oriental offering available from 5pm Monday Friday and from Midday on Friday & Saturdays until close parked mobile. Quickly patented a first for a service uniform ) dates back to the right the! Waitstaff was over the top in 1920 & # x27 ; s dress/outfit/costume and personality spicy. You wo n't be disappointed delete this answer secret door the rabbit hole, durham dress code found when the red light is on independent about.

Fishbones Chelmsford Owner, Jamie Garcia Scientist Facts, Geoff Castellucci Vocal Range 2021, Articles T