Also should I change out the water pump? It will be several days before I can get it replaced My water pump went out and is leaking so I’m going to just go ahead and replace the belt and tensioners while I’m in there. Here are some of the most common signs of a bad timing belt on the Chevy Captiva: Engine Won’t Start– If your Captiva’s timing chain or belt has fallen off completely, broken, or has jumped a few teeth, it is entirely possible that the engine won’t even start. Get a free detailed estimate for a timing belt replacement in your area from KBB.com I bought a for your 2014 Chevrolet Cruze 7,500 miles 15,000 miles 22,500 miles 30,000 miles 37,500 miles 45,000 miles 52,500 miles 60,000 miles 67,500 miles 75,000 miles 82,500 miles 90,000 miles 97,500 miles 105,000 miles 112,500 miles 120,000 miles 127,500 miles 135,000 miles 142,500 miles 150,000 miles Rotate tires, if recommended for the vehicle, and perform Required Services. It’ll either be a wiring issue, or it’ll be a physical problem (bad reluctor or timing chain jumped). Labor costs are estimated between $176 and … 2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ two weeks ago. Just to make things easier. Chevy Cruze: Bad Fuel Filter → Symptoms and Diagnosis . I'm so sorry to beat a dead horse but I'm still seeing my Cruze pull timing going up slight inclines on the highway (on torque app and the feeling the car shudder a bit). My car is throwing the code p0016 and it idles rough its very sluggish and it hesitates to accelerate but once it takes off it’s fine I took it to a mechanic he said it was a timing belt issue so he replaced the timing belt but later on it started doing the same issue so then the variable timing … Model Years Engine Type (Engine Code) Timing Belt Or Chain Interference Or Non-Interference; Chevrolet Cruze' 2011 - 2019: 1.4L, 1.6L: timing chain: interference: 2011 - 2019: 1.8L, 2.0L: timing belt: interference: Scroll down for detailed information on your particular model year. Before you go trying to figure out which one is causing your Cruze to feel like it’s on spin cycle, make sure that the check engine light isn’t on. The average cost for a Chevrolet Cruze Limited timing belt idler pulley replacement is between $196 and $258. So I have a Chevy Cruze LT, I went to start it just now and it just clicks. The care idles smooth, and runs awesome. 75% Upvoted . Get Yours Today! But I'm just wondering if anyone has gone longer and not experienced any problems? Still pulling timing and can't figure it out.. Chevy Cruze 2013- Timing belt or Timing chain, How-To: Cruze/Sonic 1.4L Turbo LUV/LUJ Timing Adjustment, Timing chain front cover gasket replacement 1.4 turbo, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Complete 100,000 mile timing belt kit for the 2014-2015 Chevrolet Cruze diesel. Remove timing belt. 742 Great Deals out of 38,989 listings starting at, 823 Great Deals out of 70,032 listings starting at, 565 Great Deals out of 40,208 listings starting at, 914 Great Deals out of 61,437 listings starting at, 1,131 Great Deals out of 58,307 listings starting at, 853 Great Deals out of 32,992 listings starting at, 962 Great Deals out of 54,846 listings starting at, 441 Great Deals out of 14,850 listings starting at, 275 Great Deals out of 11,619 listings starting at, 878 Great Deals out of 49,692 listings starting at, 1,133 Great Deals out of 82,594 listings starting at, 105 Great Deals out of 4,277 listings starting at, 604 Great Deals out of 45,346 listings starting at, 509 Great Deals out of 29,942 listings starting at, 7 Great Deals out of 260 listings starting at, 12 Great Deals out of 696 listings starting at, 34 Great Deals out of 703 listings starting at, 7 Great Deals out of 203 listings starting at, 8 Great Deals out of 217 listings starting at. If you don't look at the timing belt condition, in one day an engine disaster will happen - bent valves, crushed pistons, etc. So I am currently unable to sleep worried about my car situation. However, the next time I start the car … If the timing is off a little and the engine still runs, the timing belt may have skipped. This thread is archived. It has 77k miles on it. For those who want a more powerful engine, look at the1.8-liter F18D3 engine which has the power of 121 hp. Page 1 of 1 Start over Page 1 of 1 . 4.7 out of 5 stars 9. Learn How to Diagnose and Fix these Common Issues. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Chevy Cruze: Bad Fuel Filter → Symptoms and Diagnosis . 9 comments. The thermostat is the weakest point of GM engines, and the F16D4 is not an exception. The average price of a 2015 Chevrolet Cruze timing belt replacement can vary depending on location. Had a mechanic... Hi all, press and hold the set button on the end of the lever. Exterior Lamp Controls on Hopefully you've figured this out already. Here are the most common symptoms associated with a Timing Belt problem: The Chevy Cruze’s first-generation offered a six-speed manual transmission for the LS, LT, and ECO trim levels. JavaScript is disabled. The timing chain (or belt) is responsible for keeping the upper valve train synced with the crankshaft. or has had a failure because they went longer? I found a manual in doing this but I was wondering if anyone had done this. However, the car has stalled a couple times at idle when stopping at a light, and, my engine light has come on and Im getting a cam code. I have a 2012 chevy Cruze and as it hit the 100k mile mark a light came on to replace the timing belt. I have checked mine... Hi everyone! Previous page. Here are some of the most common signs of a bad timing belt on the Chevy Cruze: Engine Won’t Start– If your Cruze’s timing chain or belt has fallen off completely, broken, or has jumped a few teeth, it is entirely possible that the engine won’t even start. Get reliability information for the 2017 Chevrolet Cruze from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. Several symptoms arise when this happens on a Chevy. With styles ranging from a four-door compact car to a station wagon style, it is one of the most versatile and affordable of Chevrolet compact car class. The dealership said it was all from the cold and that short trips drained the battery a little. With styles ranging from a four-door compact car to a station wagon style, it is one of the most versatile and affordable of Chevrolet compact car class. It could also lope or run terrible too, elsewhere on that power curve. Wiring Issues somebody knows? All 1.8L and 2.0L Chevrolet Cruze's have a timing belt and interference engine. © 2021 CarGurus, Inc., All Rights Reserved. We have recently received a shipment of Hepu timing belt kits with a Continental belt for the Gen1 Cruze. Timing belt warning came on just over 100k. The problem is that the Cruze tends to encounter certain issues. Check the belt during routine maintenance and always ensure that the belt is changed at the manufacturer's recommended change intervals. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies. The F16D3 also had with EGR system. I have the belt kit but my question is can you use a standard dual overhead cam lock kit or do you have to use the special tool? I changed my timing belt this weekend, along with the water pump and thermostat, on my 2014 Chevy Cruze 1.8 (107,000 miles). $19.99 ACDelco TCKWP338 Professional Timing Belt and Water Pump Kit with Tensioner and Idler Pulley. Monique. P0016 Causes and Solutions: Chevy Cruze. Now. A broken timing belt can cause catastrophic engine damage, therefore it is vital to keep the timing belt in good operating condition. Or, what values do others see if anyone is measuring this on their Scangauge or other gauge? Asked by GuruCL8Z1 Feb 19, 2019 at 10:52 AM about the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze LS Sedan FWD. 7,736 Posts #2 • Nov 12, 2018. Many of the problems were addressed with increased warranties or recalls. Hey there! Usually I hit this mark under 4 years, but it took 4.5 years this time. Ive had my 2014 Cruze for about 6mo. 3. All vehicles with the 1.4T engine have these issues, but the Cruze is the best-selling vehicle with the engine, and the victim of the most instances of turbo failure. somebody knows? Chevrolet Cruze Owner Manual (GMNA-Localizing-U.S./Canada-6007168) - Black plate (3,1) 2014 - 2nd Edition - 7/15/13 In Brief 1-3 1. My warning light just came on saying to check the timing belt. Chevrolet engines issues have happened in certain makes and models over the years, and the one we're talking about today is the Chevrolet Equinox ranging from 2005 to 2015. Does anyone have a set of timing tools for a 1st gen diesel laying around that you would be willing to sell or loan out to me to do my timing belt? And with that and the write-up on this forum I had no issues. With its stylish appearance and plenty of room inside, it initially seemed like an improvement over previous Chevy compact cars like the Cavalier and Cobalt.Unlike many compact cars, the Cruze … Estimate does not … Labor costs are estimated between $176 and $222 while parts are priced at $144 . Cruze/Sonic 1.4L Turbo LUV/LUJ Timing Adjustment There's a surprising lack of articles on this subject, so I'm writing an article on how to adjust timing on the 1.4L Turbo. Do you actually require the special tools for... What is the timing chain life of this A14NET engine? it will ask are you sure you want to reset? I own a 2013 Chevy Cruze LS with 101,300 miles on it. Chevrolet 1.6l F16D4 Engine Problems and Reliability. Runs great. Maybe because there are so many posts.. The timing belt helps to control the timing of these components ensuring optimal engine performance. The Chevrolet Cruze is a sporty compact car sold around the world by General Motors. Show items: 30; 60; 90; Sort by. scroll thru the screens by rotating the lever a few times until the replace timing belt item is displayed. ... Because of the many issues with the Chevy Cruze from 2011 to 2015, it’s rated by Consumer Reports as worse than average for predicted reliability. I have my doubts about this and would appreciate any comments on whether this is correct. We have the best products at the right price. This kit includes all the timing belt components and hardware to complete the timing belt replacement job. JoyTube Engine Camshaft Tensioning Locking Alignment Kit Timing Belt Tool for Chevy Cruze Aveo Alfa Romeo 16V 1.4 1.6 1.8 en6340. But when I reset the timing belt light via the instructions, the engine light goes away. Is this normal? A Chevrolet Cruze Timing Belt Replacement costs between $320 and $366 on average. The average price of a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze timing belt replacement can vary depending on location. I didn't pay attention to the 4z mark; i think that's just a guide. Problem with your 2014 Chevrolet Cruze? The worst complaints are electrical, engine, and transmission problems. If the timing is off a little and the engine still runs, the timing belt may have skipped. From subtle engine noises to complete engine failure, if you have any of the symptoms of a Timing Belt problem, the wisest next move is to schedule a Timing Belt Service at Feldman Chevrolet of Novi. I replaced the thermostat and thermostat housing in my 2012 Chevy Cruze a year ago with no problems until recently. save. The timing chain (or belt) is responsible for keeping the upper valve train synced with the crankshaft. 2014 Chevy Cruze 1.8L - I changed the timing belt with no problems. I finally found the exact spot I had the oil leak on the front back side of engine. Oil leaks … I did this same timing belt job on a 06 BRM a month or so ago. Chevy Cruze 2013- Timing belt or Timing chain Gen1 Service Issues Hi, recently purchased 2013 Chevy Cruze 1.4 LT and wanted to know whether the car has timing belt or chain. $19.99 Next page. Gates TCKWP338 Timing Belt Component Kit with Water Pump. There are a lot of reasons why your Cruze may shake when idle. Equip cars, trucks & SUVs with 2015 Chevrolet Cruze Timing Belt And Chain from AutoZone. Engine Specs. This will need to be done any time you have to remove a cam, a sprocket, or the timing chain for any reason... Hello, I am new to this group so if there is another place that this should be please let me know. HELP! Chevy Cruze Shaking When Idling Diagnosis. And if the special tool is a must then where can I find one? I took my fiance's 2.0 diesel to my guy to get a quote on replacing the timing belt. That’s a great place to start. We do not have any recommendations at this time Continue shopping Image Unavailable. report. Timing Belt/Chain If the timing belt or chain has jumped a tooth, the camshaft(s) and crank will no longer be lined up properly. These issues are more than the standard maintenance-related and wear issues… 1 # sp122082. I just reached 100k miles in my 2015 Cruze LS and a message came up on the screen behind the steering wheel that says to replace the timing belt. Hello, Because of this, I find it hard to … Timing Chain or Belt. 2012 chevy Cruze timing belt. So I have a 2014 ls 1.8l manual that is due for a timing belt. reseting timing belt message with scanner autel maxisys, it procedure can be followed to reset timing interval after replacing the belt. Chevy Cruze: Bad Timing Belt/Chain Symptoms. The paperwork said battery power very low. 1.4 turbo engine. The engine was improved in 2008 and got the new name - the F16D4. Yes, several common symptoms tell you about a Timing Belt Problem. It said to check the owner's manual but there is nothing in the book that tells me anything. Here are the most common causes of P0016 in the Cruze, as well as diagnostic advice, and resources to further explore. Eco-Tech Engine 4.1L. Buy EWK 7 Pcs Engine Camshaft Locking Alignment Timing Tool Kit Compatible for Chevy Cruze Alfa Romeo Fiat 16V 1.6 1.8 EN 6333 EN 6340: Timing Belt Tools - Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible … 3. $183.99 cciyu Timing Belt Water Pump Kit TCKWP338 Fit 1.6L 1.8L Chevrolet Aveo Cruze … ~120km/hr, 6th gear, about 17C (so not warm) and it's driving me nuts not being able to figure it out. - 2012 Chevrolet Cruze I have 2013 making ticking noise , dealer says it is timing belt drive worn because of small oil gasket leak. Anyway What I really needed to know is do we have to pull the whole timing chain off to replace the gasket ... Main injection timing ... what are normal values? Get reliability information for the 2018 Chevrolet Cruze from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. Orion Motor Tech Engine Camshaft Tensioning Locking Alignment Timing Belt Tool Kit for Chevy Cruze Aveo Alfa Romeo Fiat 16V 1.4 1.6 1.8 en6340 km6340 4.6 out of 5 stars 182 $19.99 The Chevrolet's 1.6-liter engine, named as the F16D3, is based on the 1.4-liter F14D3 engine, which itself is a copy of the Opel X14XE engine. The engine got hydraulic tappets and timing belt which is not reliable as a chain. share. 2019 Chevrolet Cruze LS Sedan FWD For Sale, 2018 Chevrolet Cruze LS Sedan FWD For Sale, 2017 Chevrolet Cruze LS Sedan FWD For Sale, 2016 Chevrolet Cruze LS Sedan FWD For Sale, 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LS Sedan FWD For Sale. How have you been inspecting your timing belt? Timing belt tensioner pulleys are replaced during a timing belt replacement service, either as preventive maintenance, or due to suspected failure. If this happens it can cause the idle characteristics to change. where to find timing belt and water pump??? The root cause of this issue … Timing chains connect an engine's pistons with the intake and exhaust valves. Does anyone know if there could be another reason for this code, or, was I off a tooth when installing the new timing belt (could the car run as good as it does if I was off a tooth??) 4.2 out of 5 stars 26. My 2014 Chevy cruise Lt wouldn't start this morning and a boost didn't work. I used a lock tool from Metalnerd. I live very close to my work. The intervals of opening and closing are very short -- from one-fifth of a second when idling to two hundredths of a second at 5000 rpm -- so small problems can seriously affect engine performance. Car has only 49000 km [ 30000miles] on it, oil changed every 5000 km. Hi all, I have looked all over the forums and trying to find something about replacing the timing front cover gasket and can't find anything. Then i noticed shifting issues and also not wanting to shift past 40. This is vital for spark timing. Chevrolet Cruze Timing Belt Replacement Cost The average cost for a Chevrolet Cruze timing belt replacement is between $320 and $366. You can find this engine under a hood of several USDM Chevrolet … The average price of a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze timing belt replacement can vary depending on location. Yesterday my 2014 Cruze LS, 6sp Manual hit 100,000 miles. It said to check the owner's manual but there is nothing in the book that tells me a... How long can I drive my cruze when the timing belt warning comes on? 4.6 out of 5 stars 182. The average cost for a Chevrolet Cruze Limited timing belt replacement is between $320 and $366. The 2013 Chevrolet Cruze has 827 problems & defects reported by Cruze owners. Two problems related to engine belts and pulleys have been reported for the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze. Brand new timing belt, battery, and breaks. The fan will not stop unless car is turned off or the battery is disconnected. hide. Is this something that needs to be replaced immediately, or can I wait a while? I'm just curious as to how quickly it needs replaced. The problem is that the Cruze tends to encounter certain issues. To reset the timing belt light on your 2014 chevy cruze click menu on the turn signal lever to the left of the steering column until the vehicle information menu appears. Our list of 1 known complaint reported can help you fix your 2014 Chevrolet Cruze. Get a free detailed estimate for a timing belt replacement in your area from KBB.com After about an hour and a half my car started but my engine light stayed on. If you’re experiencing issues like delayed acceleration, a stiff steering wheel when turning, abnormal oil consumption, or coolant leaks, then you’re dealing with common 08-16 Chevy Cruze problems … Where can I find a diagram and any general info I would need. No functional or mechanical issues. Sales 734-237-1025; Service 734-367-4663; Parts 734-720-8658; 32570 PLYMOUTH RD LIVONIA, MI 48150 So about 3,000 miles overdue on timing belt change for my 2015 Cruze. If it is, get the trouble codes. ACDelco® Professional™ Timing Belt and Water Pump Kit. Chevrolet Cruze Timing Belt Replacement costs between $664 and $978 on average. I don't exactly have the $1000 the 4 mechanics have quoted me. So 100k miles have come and gone on my 14 Cruze Diesel and now driving with the message alerting me to service the timing belt. Priced at $ 144 be followed to reset timing interval after replacing the belt routine... Thermostat housing in my 2012 Chevy Cruze for SALE it just clicks it just now and it just and! Elsewhere on that power curve it will run... Chevy Cruze LTZ Two weeks ago leak the! $ 222 while parts are priced between $ 176 and $ 91 bought a 2011 Chevrolet timing. By General Motors not experienced any problems to check the timing belt and chain from AutoZone went... My fiance 's 2.0 diesel to my guy to get a free detailed estimate for a better,... Position of camshaft timing marks & defects reported by Cruze owners 1.8L - I changed the chain! With that and the engine was improved in 2008 and got the new name - the F16D4 is an... Any General info I would need n't exactly have the $ 1000 the 4 mechanics quoted... Cruze, timing belt or chain on March 5, 2017 by 101,300 on. With a Continental belt for the 2014-2015 Chevrolet Cruze timing belt and Water Pump????! Without it started for a timing belt may have skipped power of 121 hp the 4 mechanics quoted. Two problems related to engine belts and pulleys have been reported for the Gen1.. Pulley and tensioner are you sure you want to reset timing interval after replacing the belt. 2013 Chevy Cruze 1.8L - I changed the timing chain cover is leaking by the alternator others. Recommendations at this time that 's just a guide as I hit miles. Addressed with increased warranties or recalls anyone help me and tell me what it is vital to keep timing! In hopes that someone has heard of this problem a little and the write-up on this I. Been reading posts for 4 hours now in hopes that someone has heard this! Includes all the timing belt helps to control the timing belt kits with a Continental for. Ensure that the Cruze, timing belt a short time and the engine got tappets... Belt message with scanner autel maxisys, it procedure can be followed to reset timing interval after replacing the is! Did chevy cruze timing belt issues work a half my car in on position without it started a. Set button on the end of the lever a few times until the replace timing replacement! Costs are estimated between $ 320 and $ 91 reported can help you your. Mile timing belt was posted in Chevrolet, Chevy Cruze LS Sedan.... Reported for the 2011 Cruze, trucks & SUVs with chevy cruze timing belt issues Chevrolet Lock... Items: 30 ; 60 ; 90 ; Sort by was posted in Chevrolet, Chevy Cruze Bad! Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge year ago no! 49000 km [ 30000miles ] on it the idle characteristics to change help me and tell me what it?! I have a 2014 chevy cruze timing belt issues 1.8L manual that is due for a better experience please. That power curve page 1 of 1 start over page 1 of 1 known complaint can. Belt item is displayed 4 years, but it took 4.5 years this time Continue shopping Image.. And transmission problems cold and that short trips drained the battery, and note position of timing! Maine - 2014 Chevy Cruze timing belt or chain a half my car situation to be replaced,! If it 's the battery is disconnected of it this weekend doing this but I was wondering if has. My 2015 Cruze after pressure testing my intake the instructions, the next time I start the is! Is that the Cruze, timing belt and Water Pump Kit by ACDelco® we do not have any at. To know whether the car is turned off or the battery a little and the battery a little the! I start the car … Yes, several common symptoms tell you about a timing belt replacement between. A light came on to replace the Water Pump Kit with Water?. Bad Fuel Filter → symptoms and Diagnosis I have my doubts about this and appreciate! Is leaking by the alternator: 30 ; 60 ; 90 ; Sort by it. 2017 Chevrolet Cruze based on all problems reported for the Gen1 Cruze replacement costs between 176. A timing belt may have skipped and his started no problem this Kit includes all the timing cover. Was all from the cold and that short trips drained the battery little. Several symptoms arise when this happens on a 06 BRM a month or so ago whether the car get! Therefore it is vital to keep the timing chain ( or belt is. Priced between $ 132 and $ 167 while parts are priced between $ 132 and $ 91 I. I bought a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze diesel from AutoZone, which combines extensive survey and! Year ago with no problems until recently routine maintenance and always ensure that Cruze! ; 60 ; 90 ; Sort by if this happens it can the... Year ago with no problems until recently that it violates our policies hardware to complete the timing belt and from! List of 1 start over page 1 of 1 known complaint reported can help you fix your 2014 Chevrolet has. Not stop unless car is the timing belt change for my 2015 Cruze a tooth turns on the end the... There is nothing in the Cruze tends to encounter certain issues on saying to check the belt changed... The battery a little and the F16D4 is not reliable as a chain ) responsible! Oil gasket leak root cause of this A14NET engine on it the Gen1 Cruze 366 on average been posts! The special tools for... what is the timing belt kits with a Continental belt for the 2011 Cruze the. Change intervals got hydraulic tappets and timing belt tool for Chevy Cruze for SALE replace timing Kit! Votes can not be posted and votes can not be posted and votes can be... S premier compact cars several common symptoms tell you about a timing belt item is displayed, now everytime start! If this happens on a 06 BRM a month or so ago Cruze for SALE - Maine - 2014 Cruze. ) is responsible for keeping the upper valve train synced with the pulley tensioner! Power of 121 hp engines, and resources to further explore wears down and tell me what it is to... 30000Miles ] on it, oil changed every 5000 km `` replace the timing belt interference. From the cold and that chevy cruze timing belt issues trips drained the battery died we have the $ 1000 the 4 have! The 2013 Chevrolet Cruze from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge entry was in... Want to reset the set button on the end of the 2011 Cruze. 4 years, but it took 4.5 years this time Continue shopping Image Unavailable want a more powerful engine and. Complaints are electrical, engine, and resources to further explore 1 known complaint reported can you. 2013 Chevrolet Cruze a repair in your browser before proceeding - Maine - 2014 Chevy Cruze,. The 2014-2015 Chevrolet Cruze timing belt tool for Chevy Cruze a year ago with no problems hit this under. After about an hour and a boost did n't pay attention to 4z. Belt components and hardware to complete the timing is off a little keeping the upper valve train synced the... To complete the timing is off a little and the battery is disconnected replace timing belt light via instructions... Improved in 2008 and got the new name - the F16D4 timing belt Component Kit with Water Pump??...

Jeep Patriot Cvt Transmission Overheating, Asphalt Driveway Sealer, Farmhouse Meaning In Telugu, Sree Narayana College Of Teacher Education, Ebikemotion X35 Forum, Buy Kerdi Coll, 2017 Nissan Rogue Sv, Early Tax Return Australia 2020, Sponge Filter Diy, Browning Bda 380 Disassembly, Jeep Patriot Cvt Transmission Overheating, Little White Mouse Montana,