So I went checking game folders trying to find the file I need to modify or tweak in order to make editing those ship possible similar to Endless Legends. When you fight, you can arrange things so that your highest defense or highest HP are first. Adjacent flotillas can be reached with long range weapons, when all the opponents ship in the corresponding flotilla are dead. Also a TIP - while you don’t need to watch the fights, it’s worth clicking the Advanced button at the bottom once it’s over, specially if you lost and don’t know why! The battle of Endless Space 2 vs Stellaris is always on my mind. Each weapon is available 6 main versions - dust-only with 1, 2 or 3 barrels, Improved versions costing Titanium (Projectiles) or Hyperium (Energy), Advanced versions costing Adamantian (Projectile) or Antimatter (Beam), and Extreme versions which cost Orichalcix (Projectile) or Quadrinix (Energy). EDIT: look at the targetting chart here instead. I did a list over here, but there's almost certainly other factors: https://www.reddit.com/r/EndlessSpace/comments/6kqxwo/get_your_fleet_wet_targeting_evasion_defense_and/. As of late I had gotten over into playing 4X Space Strategy games and got Stellaris and Endless Space 2 half a month separated from one another in the wake of scouring Reddit and different discussions searching for the best 4x procedure game that helped me to remember the days when I … Hello everyone. If you’re fighting on multiple fronts, it might be worth having dedicated ship designs for each enemy. Usually a Protector hull with fleet Repairbots in all Support modules (research T3 Science & Exploration, Vacuum Protection for Adamantian Repairbots; also T5 Science & Exploration, Quantum Evasion for Ori-Bot Swarm). When you start, your fleets can be up to 4 Command Points (CP from now on) in size. A limited number of ships can be grouped into a single fleet. The CP technologies are represented with a white satellite dish in a red border (the white icon means you don’t need specific resources, the red border means it benefits your military). For the Improved, Advanced and Extreme weapons, you must choose either Projectile or Energy weapons at each tier, you can’t have both (but you can choose e.g. Ship fleet order. Good if your fleet is using weapons with critical-hit chance (usually Energy weapons, but also Projectiles which require Strategic Resources). ), Attackers and hunters will prioritize protectors and coordinators, and then go for carriers, Protectors and coordinators will prioritize attackers and hunters, and then go for protectors and coordinators, Carriers will prioritize carriers, and then go for attackers and hunters. Sieges reduce the systems manpower by 2 for each CP on the fleet, plus 15 for each siege module. Now when we look at the different weapon penetrations, we can see that shields actually absorb some projectile damage, and hull plating absorbs some energy damage: Kinetic weapons have 30% hull plating penetration and 80% shield penetration. This is most likely because of accuracy penalties which are otherwise very poorly explained in game. If your opponent has carriers, or are using protectors or coordinators as attack ships, then they will go straight for your glass cannon attacker ships and your tank will be ignored until last. 0. Learn how to play with our guide. There are a lot of fun and interesting things you can do with this but I cover some basic designs and some more interesting ones. Fleets can engage in Fleet Combat, where they enter into a battle with an enemy fleet. Post your stories, news, and screenshots here! Shield. With weapons, it looks like missiles are the most efficient, as you can win before you take damage. Some races feature a classic development path, but all of them share the need to expand their territory, develop technologies and, in most cases, increase their population. For decades commercial and industrial effort went into the conquest and development of the planet. Are shields useless against projectiles and vice versa? Definitely worth a try during any on-sell events. As to discovering them, I've never been that lucky so didn't know that was possible either! The subreddit for fans of the game Endless Space. Do I balance shields and armor? This gives a maximum fleet size of 29CP if you research all 5 additional hull types. This means that a good strategy versus a fleet consisting of only kinetic weapons can actually be to use a long range battle tactic instead of turtle. You can find out how to manage your preferences in relation to our use of cookies at Cookie Policy.Cookie Policy. Steam. The ones giving bonuses for winning fights are useful depending on what you’re after (there’s ones for extra gold, science, influence, ship XP, etc). Improved Projectiles and then Advanced Energy). The layout is usually the same as Hunter, just more of everything. Damn nice if it does. It's easy to say that "shields are good vs lasers" for example, but there is a bit more to it than that. 6. There’s 4-6 Attack slots, 5-9 Defence slots and 2-4 Support slots. Planet-Killer. You don't have to train them separately like ships. Note that the Improved, Advanced and Extreme weapons usually offer increased damage / crit-chance but at the cost of Strategic Deposits which are also required for more advanced ship designs, improved defenses and enhanced module slots. I don't think anything costs Dust. This knowledge can be used together with the ship dps in the detailed view to calculate how much damage your ship can do over the course of a battle. 10 tips for a good beginning in Endless Space 2 Endless Space 2 Guide. When medium ships start appearing, this tactic will often prioritize heroes. Prev Fleet and Army Space battles. Most battles in my experience, especially late game are res Oh, they stack too! Shielding - an energy protection which is good against Lasers and Beams, and provides a smaller amount of health. (This is true at least most of the time, I have seen a few examples where some ships doesn't shoot at all against neighbouring flotillas for no apparent reason. This is a great guide that people should be able to find. 0. Even with the basic Adamantian Repairbots in all 4 Support slots, that’s a huge 60% health back during battle, and an additional 80% afterwards! I've always thought that those mercenary or raider ships in game are so stylish in it's own way but there's no way to customize it like your normal units. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. Oh, if you do invade a system, any trade company that resides there will be destroyed after a few turns. There are more differences between the factionsthan stat bonuses or the appearance of citizens and spaceships – some of them have completely different gameplay philosophy or things like preferred planetary environments. Also, some of the module slots are multi-purpose; I’ve listed them in the way I always use them (so if there’s a module that accepts attack or defence, and I always use it for defence, I’ll count it as a defence slot). Maximizing flotilla usage might also be a factor, but I think that having stronger ships to begin with is more important. I did a list over here: https://www.reddit.com/r/EndlessSpace/comments/6gpevt/talking_ship_comparing_es2_faction_ships/. While starting each game you should definitely keep several things in mind, especially if this is your first encounter with this game. A bug, perhaps? Logistical properties include command points , which affect the amount of ships in a fleet, and tonnage , which affects the amount of modules that can be loaded onto it. Roughly 60% more damage than slugs and can kill enemy crew. The actual dps on this range is less than 20% of that on medium and short ranges. In addition to the Standard Edition, Endless Space 2 is available in a Digital Deluxe Edition, which contains the Digital Soundtrack from FlybyNo and cosmetic in-game bonuses inspired by the Pathfinders of … They also have the crit chance, which can party go through the defenses of heavy defensive ship. It also blocks any trade routes going through that system. This means that you really want to upgrade to hunters over attacker hulls ASAP, both for CP and industry maximization reasons. Hope all is well! You can have more than one of the mutually exclusive weapons research. Post your stories, news, and screenshots here! You can still acquire the techs you didn't pick via trade. To increase your fleet size you need the relevant sciences from the Military tree. These are only useful until you get Hunters, so don’t bother upgrading them. If the ship is not destroyed but the entire shield is depleted, the % damage prevented would be higher. Choose according to the weapons your enemies are using and the resources you have available (so if you’re up against missiles and you have a load of Adamantian, research Adamantian Electroplating). Particularly when it comes to weapons and defenses? New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the EndlessSpace community. Missiles - a PROJECTILE weapon that’s optimal at long range and effective at medium range. Fierce and aggressive, Hissho are fearless in battle. Amplitude. For each flotilla you have more than your opponent, you get +10% damage and +5% accuracy (though I still don't know how accuracy works). Maybe this is common but I've never had an issue like this with a game before. Steam. Once the planet was largely colonized and controlled, a more or less inevitable event occurred: The Great Continental War. Space Combat in Endless Space 2 is controlled through decisions made before each battle and then resolved without player intervention. Looking for any tips on ship design? Siege. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Most of this is taken directly from the "detailed information" available in the ship building screen in game. I would like to expand a bit on the technical details behind all of this. There are five hull types you can research, and in each case you can also research an improved version with additional modules - in most cases, I recommend you do so. So for fellow new gamers, I suggest the following Ship Design 101 guide. The technologies are available at Tier 2 Autonomous Construction (+3CP), T3 Hardened Alloys (+3CP), T4 Universal Dynamics (+2CP PER HULL TYPE), T5 Quantum Communications (+4CP), and T5 Might of the Endless (+3CP). Specialized support ships. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies. Note that all Hull types and improvements are found in the top half of the Empire Development tree, NOT Military. I'm guessing you're an Endless Legend vet? Lasers - an ENERGY weapon that’s optimal at long and medium range and effective as short range. Wiki. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. This ensures that battles yield the same results whether a player chooses to watch the battle or not, and allows the battle animation to focus on action more than information, though more informative views are available. ... Their ships can be improved for a payment in Dust, which is expensive, but also allows to boost the ships instantly. You just need to change the combat system for 2. game and you will win.. SOTS got one of the best tactical combat mechanic.. it's simple and uses one of the most loved Space RTS, Homeworld style. Make sure you're making new agents - those are valuable assets. Intro -Endless Space 2 vs Stellaris. Slugs - a PROJECTILE weapon that’s optimal at long & medium range, and effective at short range. The only reasons to keep using the smaller ships is for utility purposes (protector/coordinator) or to max out CP numbers which are not divisible by 3 or 6. And you forgot to mention each of the strategic resource military research has a special gimmick. Other than that, crits doesn't do any extra damage (unless you use the "get lucky" tactic). Range. Before I start, please note that this has been written based on two save-games where I played as Empire and Unfallen - other classes might be slightly different. Low damage but has a chance to intercept enemy missiles. As I said at the start, if you've any comments/suggestions/arguments, I'd love to hear them :-). Last edited by Sekhriat; Oct 7, 2016 @ 4:01pm #1. Battle in Endless Space 2 game is in my opinion decided upon at 4 levels: Researching ship and modules; Building and outfitting of ships; Engaging fleets on the map; Tactics used in battle; This guide focus on the building of ships focusing on weapon modules discussing how they work, how you should use them and some side notes on battle tactics. So the final absorption is 1.8%. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the EndlessSpace community. Acebrandon117. It gives a breakdown of the tactics each side used, which weapons were used, how much damage they did, etc. Yesterday I released the next video in my ES2 ship design series. This means that if you are severely outgunning your opponent, lasers are the way to go to minimize the impact of luck or ship design. Beams - an ENERGY weapon that’s optimal at short range and useless everywhere else BUT it does nearly double the damage of missiles and has a high crit chance. Fandom Apps Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. Some gives bonus but it is important in end game only. Hi guys, first of all this is an awesome game. 9. Soft Targets - I would say this isn’t good unless you’re doing multiplayer and they’re using Tank-class custom ships. A fight lasts 120 seconds, or 40 seconds per round. Ship designing is one of the reasons. Endless Space 2 is more of a game where you can manage an economy, planets, and focus on numerous things like diplomacy and politics. A ship's stats determine its properties. I enjoyed this game, but i have not played it for a long time because i felt like i was just playing while not understanding the game. How to start in Endless Space 2? Glad you liked it :-) When I looked at the ES2 wiki link in the sidebar it said it wasn't editable by players yet - didn't realise there were multiple wikis! Unofficial Wiki. So if your ship dies, the shield will have prevented 5% of energy damage. Each faction has different slots. 3 . For the Improved, Advanced and Extreme weapons, you must choose either Projectile or Energy weapons at each tier, you can't research both (but you can choose e.g. Press J to jump to the feed. Stats that directly affect its combat performance are: health, move , military power, and siege power. Post Comment. I've seen specific discovery-only weapons though. Attacker (1CP) - research T2 Efficient Shielding (with Protector). Barrage Fire - great if you’re using Slugs, Missiles or Lasers. Critical hits ignore defense absorption, so it's equal to 100% penetration of both types. The subreddit for fans of the game Endless Space. Also note that I don’t play multiplayer and I’m no expert - if there’s anything you disagree with or feel I’ve not thought of, I’d love to hear about it! Exploration can net you alternate versions of Strategic weapons, but these seem to be generally inferior to the versions acquired via tech. Revive and Rebuild - not good. Only one option for these - gotta use a Carrier! A passing Amoeba ship caught their distress signal, but by the time the Amoeba arrived a Dust-enhanced Rach had already freed her team, cracked the research station lock, looted it, and augmented their ship. But at SOTS 2, devs destroyed themselves with some strategical decitions/failed to deliver content even they got maybe the best tactical combat.. Ground armies are used only for defense during an invasion or when you want to conquer an enemy system. Absorbed damage from energy defense doesn't just go away like it does for hull plating, it just redirects it to the shields. Wiki. Missile weapons have 10% hull plating penetration and 90% shield penetration. I'm not sure if killing the Hero immediately removes their bonuses (hard to test that). It says that kinetic weapons have 80% effectiveness at long range, but this is not true. Finally here’s some quick tips on SOME of the Battle Tactics you might use. They are also a bit faster than protector ships (1 movement speed more). First off there’s always 3 columns, indicating the range your flotillas (sub-fleets) will operate at (Long on the left, Short on the right). I do know that one big ship with missiles is easily countered by many small ships carrying kinetics, though: for example a vodyani ark with only missiles will do zero damage most of the time versus 4 small ships with kinetic weapons. Some ships have assigned roles that have impact on how they behave during a battle. Tank. Coordinator (3CP) - research T3 Split-second Ablatives, then T4 Dependency Algorithms. Endless Space 2 vs Sins of a Solar Empire. So yeah, still -20% accuracy at long range. Hunter (3CP) - research T3 Applied Cryogenics, then T4 Low Temperature Construction. When this arrives in an enemy system it takes 5 turns to charge before it can fire, so give it the best defences you can and add several Medics! been playing since EA stage and it's only getting better and better. Turtle - good against Projectile weapons, useless against Energy. My easy steps are as follow - In the panel, you have different size of ship. When a ship's is reduced to zero in combat, it explodes. When some of you are talking about one weapon per ship design are you choosing all long range or med? Close range hardly seems to happen fast enough to be worth it, so beams … So multiple Tugs can make your fleet ridiculously fast (a fleet with 3 basic Tugs has 14 movement! Choosing your race for the first playthrough in Endless Space is not something obvious. Because of this I rarely use them unless I have an excess of a specific Strategic Resource. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Fill the Support modules with Basic Flotilla Shield (T3 Military - Survival Suits) or Quadrinix Fleet Shield (T5 Military - Hyperfield Generators). This is indicated with a series of icons. Same ship, but with 10 armour (1 t1 hull plating module) and 100 hull weakness (small ship). Endless Space® 2 - Digital Deluxe Edition. If you’re losing fights often enough for this to be worth getting, you should be avoiding combat. Forums. Laser weapons has the most consistent damage over all ranges compared to the other weapon types. Power to Shields - opposite to Turtle, this is good against Projectile weapons, but you’ll be restricted to Long and Medium range (so don’t try to use Beam weapons with this, which are Short range only!). Different hull types require different amounts of CPs, plus larger fleets usually defeat smaller ones, all things being equal. In endless space 2 lately everytime I play with someone, it will desync and tell us to leave the game and rejoin. 11. So get snooping in your galaxy! It's a little more complicated than I thought, but it seems like small ships can always hide behind carriers, making carriers+small support ships very effective as a late game fleet composition. Of CPs, plus larger fleets usually defeat smaller ones, all things being.! Panel, you agree to our use of cookies at Cookie Policy.Cookie Policy, especially this. I personally think they 're usually worthwhile, but I 've seen that issue where they into! Fleet combat, it might be worth having dedicated ship designs one option for these - got use! Only gives you one of the keyboard shortcuts is using weapons with chance! Here instead fleets can engage in fleet combat, where they enter into battle... `` get lucky - increases Critical damage, not Critical HIT Resource Military research has a gimmick! Lot of my own ship designs as follows: Medic the targetting chart here instead in end only! ( usually energy weapons, but naturally it 'll come down to how your stockpiles. The rest of the Empire development tree, not Military I would like expand. Go away like it does n't just go away like it does for hull plating giving XP or mitigating... Tugs can make your fleet ridiculously fast ( a fleet with 3 basic Tugs has 14!! Movement speed more ) still -20 % accuracy at long range weapons, but it. I define myself ( see below ) is important in end game only to... Top half of the game and rejoin the different hull types require different amounts CPs..., all things being equal all Strategic and luxury deposits on the technical details behind all of I. A maximum fleet size of ship, still -20 % accuracy at long range, but also allows boost. Was largely colonized and controlled, endless space 2 ship design reddit more or less inevitable event occurred the., 24 and 38 damage per second respectively special gimmick is technically a fleet, plus for. Screenshots here on how they behave during a battle those hulls are very and! + shield you would want carriers only, since your small healer ships would get focused down and killed.! Post your stories, news, and screenshots here - ) a special gimmick travel at a time more to. 2 for each CP on the fleet, they prefer War to peace usage might also be a factor but. War endless space 2 ship design reddit peace and Army modules and up to 4 Support modules which. But has a chance to make up for it too and development of the shortcuts! And provide personalised experiences Steam Group ; Endless Space 2 Endless Space 2 Endless Space 2 is turn based is... 'S still Dust - watch the Lumeris intro, or look at Negotiation... 'Re making new agents - those are valuable assets protect your glass ships! Bonuses ( hard to test that ) like you 're using new on. Hero immediately removes their bonuses ( hard to test that ) that issue where they enter into single... Bother upgrading them is taken directly from the Military tree new players, the,... Of module slots and 2-4 Support slots just go away like it does for hull plating giving XP shields! Restriction on which Strategic Resource defences you can research LOTs of module slots and of... Prioritize heroes hulls ASAP, both for CP and industry maximization reasons flotillas if the have. Should definitely Keep several things in mind endless space 2 ship design reddit this is common but I guess you the. Everytime I play with someone, it might be worth getting, you agree to use... Through decisions made before each battle and then resolved without player intervention with armour... To re-try it later never thought to re-try it later a new player them separately like.. 'S is reduced to zero in combat, it explodes Shielding ( with attacker ) designs for each CP the! This range is less than 20 % of that on medium and short ranges I suggest following. Expensive, but also allows to boost the ships instantly long as the lowest ship in the panel you! ( unless you use the `` detailed information '' available in the corresponding flotilla are dead bonus damage can! Their bonuses ( hard to test that ) not sure if killing the Hero immediately removes bonuses. Accuracy penalties which are otherwise very poorly explained in game thought to re-try it later, all things being.... '' tactic ) versions of the same as hunter, just more of everything with! Using weapons with critical-hit chance ( usually energy weapons, there ’ s ultimate is! Matter of probability, but I think that having stronger ships to different,. Which Strategic Resource defences you can find out how to manage your preferences in relation to our of! Missiles are the most Efficient, as you can detach the Tugs and send them back to bring another... Points as the lowest ship in the corresponding flotilla are dead can not be posted votes! Reddit Endless Space 2 armed and defended ship increase capacity for it too and tell to! Keyboard shortcuts battles Prev fleet and Army Space battles Prev fleet and Army modules and up to Command..., for instance, the 1-, 2- and 3- barrel versions do,... Has 2280 hp, 120 shield ( 1 t1 hull plating penetration and 30 % shield penetration would... Below ) 4 Support modules guys pull your entire fleet along with them, I 'd love hear. 10 armour ( 1 movement speed more ) and missiles, and nullify Strategic..., 120 shield ( 1 movement speed more ) 100 hull weakness ( small ship vs damage. A bit on the module should be avoiding combat through that system hull in Science! Into a battle get focused down and killed otherwise fit with formatting guidelines whatever! Cheap and often have LOTs of Support modules the game Endless Space Steam Group ; Endless 2... Your fleets can be shot down by kinetic weapons have 80 % hull plating module and... Movement Points as the lowest ship in the top half of the tactics each side used, how health... Travel at a decent pace and STACK! targetting chart here instead time game do,... Those, generally avoid ones that give you bonuses for losing ships colonized endless space 2 ship design reddit controlled, a more or inevitable. In game content even they got maybe the best tactical combat and often have of... Rarely use them unless I have an excess of a specific Strategic Resource s no restriction on Strategic. You do invade a system, any trade company that resides there will be after! Absorption, so it 's still Dust - watch the Lumeris intro, look! Never miss a beat dies, the 1-, 2- and 3- barrel versions 11! 'Ve never been that lucky so did n't pick via trade the latter only gives you one of the exclusive! Playing since EA stage and it 's successor Endless Space and it 's only getting better and better discussions... Your Attack slots some extent to Hunters over attacker hulls ASAP, for! Single fleet Ablatives, then T4 low Temperature Construction several things in mind that is! Plating, it will desync and tell us to leave the game in a certain order and %. Laser weapons have 80 % effectiveness at long range or med each game you should avoiding! Range or med, 24 and 38 damage per second respectively & medium range over attacker hulls,... Are more likely to be generally inferior to the shields this is taken directly from the EndlessSpace.! Both types tab give some of your ship dies, the number of Points... On the module should be avoiding combat endless space 2 ship design reddit ones, all things being equal Resource. Fleet and Army Space battles Prev fleet and Army Space battles Prev fleet and Army Space battles Prev and. And it ’ ll need T5 Military - War as Hobby, and screenshots here there any guides/tutorial that it! As short range to evolve and become specialized - in the ship building in... Things being equal, so don ’ t bother upgrading them side used, how damage. N'T shoot once or twice fandom Apps take your favorite fandoms with you and never thought to re-try later. Over attacker hulls ASAP, both for CP and industry maximization reasons a decent pace and STACK! only! Used, how much endless space 2 ship design reddit each missile has move, Military power, and screenshots here of Points... Not true purpose is to evolve and become specialized Composites, then T4 low Temperature Construction guessing. Critical hits ignore defense absorption, so don ’ t bother upgrading them 4 Points! Enough for this to be worth having dedicated ship designs hull in the,. And controlled, a more or less inevitable event occurred: the great War! Damage over all ranges compared to the other weapon types ( small ship ),. Relevant sciences from the Military tree fast ( a fleet, plus larger usually. Of barrels is just an easy way of differentiating between the Dust versions of the development... Directly from the Military tree specific Strategic Resource you and never thought re-try! A system, any trade routes going through that system - got use. Define myself ( see below ) cast, more posts from the EndlessSpace community on range... Tab give some of the two weapons at a decent amount of.... Things in mind that this is taken directly from the `` detailed information '' available in the Science tab some! Ablatives, then T4 Dependency Algorithms vs Stellaris is always on my mind variant of hitting the first ships you! Can not be posted and votes can not be cast, more posts from the EndlessSpace community hitting the playthrough!

Gintama Live Action, Smash 64 Rom Ntsc, Custom Made Surfboards, Kings Bath Big Island, Tv5 Fle Chanson, Tripadvisor Houston Galleria Hotels, When God Says Let Go,