One of the other things to know before going to Egypt is that a tip is expected in almost alllll…. 18. I will be returning the same kind of love and support. Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences. Credit cards are accepted in some few high-end places but cash always wins even when it comes to bargaining. Thank you my dear one, I am glad you enjoyed it, Thanks for the advice! The first is the Egypt of Cairo and the Nile, of bustling medieval bazaars, noseless Sphinxes, river cruises and … Bad things happen everywhere and Egypt is no exception. Don’t make assumptions about everything, ask for help. Jst kno Esther,Egypt is my next destination after Turkey. Egypt is very safe to travel as long as you stick to certain destinations, work with a reputable local tour operator, and be a smart traveller. … The Giza pyramids are probably way bigger than you anticipate. His intention was not to take my phone but rather to help me (which he did) but I wasn’t sure until he gave back my phone. In most touristic sites, you’ll be required to purchase a separate photography pass on top of your entry ticket if you want to use your camera and all the pro photography equipment. Thank you for sharing this, I always love seeing other people’s trips to Egypt, to tide me over until I get there myself! Whether is it at a restaurant, asking for directions, requesting someone to take a photo of you, everyone will be expecting a tip from you. Like many other countries in Africa, avoid drinking tap water and stick to bottled water. Some of the dishes you should try before you leave Egypt include; Falafel, Mahshi, Koshari, and Fattah. is a day trip doo-able with that distance or should we be thinking of booking an overnight stay in cairo?? To you as a tourist, all this is new but to the locals, its what they go through every single day so it’s not going to be a challenge for them because that’s what they’re accustomed to. Oh Lily, i hope you overcome the flying issue soon and get to experience Egypt yourself. He started explaining and before I knew it, he had started moving away with my phone, imagine the anguish I felt at that moment. Plane: Domestic flights in Egypt are relatively cheap. I had to cancel the bus ticket for the plane ticket which is just a 1-hour flight. Egypt … Oh you will love Egypt, trust me!! It is easier and cheaper to make all transactions in the local currency other than the dollar or Euro. Egypt is at the top of my bucket list! This is great Essy.. You should start parking your bags right away ? Famously known for the Giza pyramids, River Nile and the Pharaohs, this beautiful country that both lies in the Middle -East and Africa offers more than what we read in papers or see on TV. I hope I get to go someday! Yes you should, it looks better in person. Thanks for appreciating charlie, Seems like a nice place to venture, will add that on my list of travels, It definitely is, you should visit it one time. 4.6 out of 5 stars 241. I’ve never really ‘got’ cruising. Your journey starts in Egypt’s capital: Cairo. 16. by Esther | Last updated Feb 19, 2020 | Published on Feb 19, 2020 | Africa, Egypt | 22 comments. Since I’ve already written about the top places to visit in Cairo and the best Egyptian landmarks to visit, I will not be going into details of them but rather listing them down. On my very first day, I tried out the Egyptian traditional dish, Kushari which was so tasty. In an Antique Land: History in the Guise of a Traveler's Tale Amitav Ghosh. So don’t make the same mistake I made, book this Egyptian museum tour which is highly recommended on GetYourGuide to learn more about Egypt and its artifacts. Just like traveling to any other country, traveling to Egypt requires not leaving behind the travel essentials. And when you do, please share your experiences with me. From the bucket list sites of the Giza pyramids in Cairo, the history-filled Egyptian museum that houses over 12,000 artifacts to incredible temples in Luxor that should not be missed. Get information on Egypt Travel Guide - Expert Picks for your Vacation hotels, restaurants, entertainment, shopping, sightseeing, and activities. A day trip would be do-able but you will be extremely exhausted after the trip. … But it turns out I was literally just browsing through the museum when a friend who hired a tour guide was telling me so many things about the museum that I had missed. The Best Ways to Travel around Egypt Img source: exclusives.webjet.com.au. To help make your Egypt vacation as easy as possible, here is an ultimate 2-Week Egypt Travel Itinerary.Use this itinerary as a guide so you don’t miss any of the best things to do in Egypt.If you are wondering “Is Egypt … I  hurriedly followed him and started devising ways of retrieving my phone in case he decided to take off with it. I’ve ever been to Egypt and you couldn’t describe it any better. Marta Sebos 22/11/2019 Travel. Personally speaking, I traveled through Egypt independently without a tour guide and this goes to show that you can do it on your own too. $15.39 #14. Egyptians are very friendly people always willing to help, though sometimes it can seem too much making one question the real intentions. Stay alert in locations frequented by Westerners. I just wish I had read it before my trip. The only no-go’s in the country are what you … An enigmatic treasure trove of almost unimaginable archaeological and cultural riches, it's hard not to think of Egypt without imagining the Sphinx, the pyramids at Giza, Luxor, the Valley of the Kings and the Nile. Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19. The servings are really huge in almost all hotels and restaurants. However, besides being crowded, summers … If you are a foodie like me, you are likely to leave Egypt with a few extra pounds – at least I did. No photos can do it justice. I recommend you download the Cairo metro app to help you with the metro lines and stations. In a country as blisteringly hot as Egypt, it’s important you keep your H20 levels … Aside from the insane traffic especially in Cairo, drivers are totally crazy. To give you a clear picture, Egyptian cuisine is similar to the Eastern Mediterranean with foods like rice, kofta, kebabs, sea fish and vegetables. Related post: Import things to pack for an African safari. So if you are a walker like me, go for it, you will be glad you did. Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast. Between the Nile, the Red Sea, Alexandria, Cairo, and pyramids that date back … DON’T rent a car in Egypt – this is probably one of the best advice for traveling to Egypt. when do you plan to travel to Turkey? Create a Trip to save and organize all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map. I really enjoyed reading this, You are welcome, I am glad you enjoyed it, Copyright © 2020 The adventurous feet |Designed by Elegant Themes | It tastes much better than it looks. Egypt is blessed with a number of incredible landmarks that you ought not to miss. Winter in Egypt (20th December – 20th March ) is considered to be the best time to visit Egypt and it is also the high season of the country averaging around 72 degrees F. But if you’re all about enjoying good weather with fewer crowds, opt for spring (20th March – 20th June) or Autumn (20th September – 20th December) which average about 80 degrees F would be much better. So I asked another gentleman to help me direct the driver in Arabic, he too was kind enough to oblige. Like the simplicity with which you have written and the format is clean. Keep hydrated. So below are a few essential travel items that you should not leave behind when traveling to Egypt. This means that if you purchase anything through this website, I might get a small commission without any additional cost to you. The local currency is the Egyptian pound. Another time my taxi driver contacted me to know the exact location I was at, clearly, I couldn’t explain it very well since he didn’t know English well nor could I speak Arabic. With some smart clothing choices and a few easy tricks, it’s easy to create a travel wardrobe for your Egypt tours that will keep you cool and comfortable while still being culturally appropriate. Do not take a drone into Egypt – It’s not allowed. Cairo being a big city with everything on the go every time, you’ve got to know how to get around or at least how to access your hotel or hostel. This is not only where Alexander the Great … In this things to know before you go to Egypt travel guide, I hope you’ve come away with a ton more information than you were looking for or thought you needed to know. Even though Egypt suffered a number of insecurities in the past, it has managed to pull through even making it to the list of the Safest African countries. Just like India, Egypt is a place where you need to haggle for literally everything you buy. But if you are a backpacker on a shoestring, the bus is pretty comfortable too. Egypt’s capital, Cairo, is a seething megalopolis whose chief sightseeing appeal lies in its bazaars and medieval mosques, though there is scarcely less fascination in its juxtapositions of medieval and … Day 1 – 2: Cairo. Tours & Tailor-made Holidays with Egypt Guide Travel, Cairo, Alexandria, Sharm El-Sheikh, Dahab, Hurghada, Luxor, Aswan, Packages, and lots more Cairo beyond the pyramids: The ultimate itinerary. And to get the real taste of Egyptian food, try out some of the famous street foods which are incredibly delicious but also mild to the pocket. The short answer is no. Always looking forward to reading your posts. However, obtaining an Egyptian tourist visa is generally not hard. Cairo’s an ancient city that also happens to be a modern metropolis—it’s one of the biggest cities in the Middle East and has the traffic and noise issues to prove it. The food in Egypt is unique and tasty. If you decide to travel to Egypt: See the U.S. Embassy's web page regarding COVID-19. As a tourist, you are likely to be charged highly, so use all your skills of negotiating and friendliness and you might just get the product at the “right” price. Need extra help in planning your trip to Egypt? The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for Egypt … Thank you for your question and for reading! It is good to know you’ve been to Egypt, it’s such a beautiful country. Love Esy, Thanks. It is a great post. I remember I was about to take a 9 hours drive by bus from Dahab to Cairo when I got a notification from Skyscanner that the flight fare had dropped up to 45€. Kindle Edition. You'll find a lot of traditionally Middle-Eastern foods in Egypt … In many ways, there are two Egypts. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. When I visited the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, I thought I had seen it all and learned a great deal about the ancient times in Egypt. The bargaining mechanism hugely works in Egypt. What to eat in Egypt. Best time for traveling to Egypt Summer is the high season for traveling in Egypt, basically because people from Europe are on holidays. The Adventurous Feet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites, Last updated Feb 19, 2020 | Published on Feb 19, 2020, Import things to pack for an African safari, 15 Romantic Staycation Ideas for Couples Who Love to Travel, 9 Best National Parks in Botswana to Visit for an Incredible Safari, 14 Easy Camping Breakfast ideas for your camping trip. We do not where you exactly live, but most of the tourists come to Egypt by plane. A trip here still very much has the potential to thrill. Even though it was safe for me, it doesn’t mean that bad things can’t happen. However, traveling around Egypt is a … But while in Dahab, a beach town, I wore almost only shorts and tank tops – and that’s exactly how the locals wore too. Whether you see it by riverboat, from camelback or from just above the coral, Egypt's sights are unforgettable. (It might not provide all the information about time like in some other big cities like Paris but its better than nothing). But as long as you’re not looking for … So with my experience of traveling in the country, I’ll try to share with you all the things to know before going to Egypt so that you enjoy this incredible antique land to the max. I really hope my post impacted on you(however tiny it might be) into ticking egypt off your bucket list. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Egyptians are big on food and they go all out to prepare really delicious food and almost all meals are served with pita bread which is locally known as eish Baladi. It is the gateway to the Pyramids and … 4.3 out of 5 stars 119. Whether it is over speeding or overlooking the other road safety signs, Cairo roads are the true definition of chaotic transportation in Africa. Hey Donna, more. Lonely Planet Egypt (Travel Guide) Lonely Planet. Packing for Egypt as a woman can be daunting, but it is easier than you think. Check out these posts, * The adventurous feet is a proud participant in a number of affiliate programs. These are also considered to be the shoulder months which means that you’ll be able to get great deals on many things like flight tickets and accommodation. You can imagine my excitement! So with these tips for traveling to Egypt that I’ve put together, I hope you realize that there is more to Egypt than just the negative press. A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true. But to my surprise, the dress code in Egypt, especially in big cities and touristy places, is not as modest as you would think. Remember, tipping is always optional and just tip when you feel like you want to and not because you’ve been “forced” to. Image source: egypttoursportal.com. This was a once-in … Because I imagine you will drive for over 6 hours to the pyramids, spend around 2-3 hours at the pyramids and by the time you’re done with the tour, I am not sure you would want to make a return journey of close to 6 hours again! Beautiful piece it is. Those were some of the Egypt tips you need to know before visiting the country. occasions. It’s okay for brushing your … The information and practical data found in this guide … Hope to have your comments as well since I’m new in this space. Okay after reading this,I want to be in The most reliable guide to traveling to Egypt in 2020. However, don’t throw away your tank tops, shorts or bikinis yet, you will need them when you hit the beach, go to beach towns like Dahab or even the swimming pool. Water. 17. The visa costs only $25 and you can as well check for eligibility of an e-visa from here. Whether it is buying souvenirs from Khan el Khalili market, taking a taxi from the roadside, or buying roadside tours. It’s actually a combo with a tour to the Giza pyramids and the bazaar which saves you some bucks. However, when visiting some places especially those rich with history, I’d advise you to hire a tour guide and if you can’t afford a private one, join a group tour. Planning a trip to Egypt? So, I would suggest you book an overnight stay in Cairo so that you enjoy the pyramids without any fatigue. Reconsider travel to Egypt due to COVID-19.Exercise increased caution in Egypt due to terrorism and the Embassy’s limited ability to assist dual national U.S.-Egyptian citizens who are arrested or detained.. The metro is very cheap, convenient and reliable. With some parts of Egypt being a desert, the summer months (20th June- 20th September) can get extremely hot reaching up to 95 degrees F coupled with intense humidity which becomes unbearable for sightseeing – so you might want to stay away from them. As well as being the world's largest open-air museum, Egypt also offers a slew of luxurious Red Sea resorts, many within reach of spectacular snorkeling, diving and windsurfing. As a first time traveler to Egypt, there are always a lot of questions you ask yourself from how to get there, things to do, what not to do in Egypt, to general Egypt travel tips. When I was packing for Egypt, I was so conflicted with what clothes to pack since I never owned any hijabs or maxi dresses – so I bought a few right before my trip (which I ended up not wearing btw). So, I’ve put down these travel tips for Egypt to make your trip easier and fun, so that you don’t have to be as green as I was – and don’t forget to check out Why not Egypt blog to learn more about Egypt in details. Thank you for sharing those tips. The best way to not spend all your daily budget on tips is by making sure you have small bills/coins on you all the time. This rule applies in places like the mummies’ room in the Egyptian museums, inside the tombs, some temples and inside the Pyramids. However, the amount you tip depends on the service received, but I’d suggest a “bigger” tip for tour guides or at restaurants and a smaller tip for “photo takers”. Train: Cairo is one of the few cities in Africa that has a metro system. Travelers to Egypt are required to have a visa to be granted access to this history-filled country with the exception of a few nationalities. Walking: The best way to discover the hidden places in the city is by walking. As well as being the world's largest open-air museum, Egypt also offers a slew of luxurious Red Sea The grandest and most remote of Egypt's Western Desert oases, Siwa on the edge of the Great Sand Sea offers the ultimate oasis experience. I saw many places I wouldn’t have seen if I was in a car. One time I was asking for directions from a certain man, he was so kind to direct me but when he realized I wasn’t getting the location, he offered to drive me there in his car, which I definitely turned down – overly help, right? 20. I mostly used Uber taxis since they were relatively cheap and were almost everywhere in the city. But you don’t have to be absolutely green about Egypt given the right information. Looks amazing! Thank you for supporting The adventurous feet*. I hope that helps and enjoy your trip to Egypt. I was so excited to use it and the experience was super cool – don’t blame me; we don’t have one back home in Uganda. Egypt Travel Guide Egypt is one of the most mysterious destinations on the planet, and it’s been on my bucket list for years! When I traveled to Egypt in 2018, I never felt unsafe in any way regardless of the many publications implying it as an unsafe country. Since in most cases, the question of the best time to visit a certain place is based on weather, in summary, the best time to visit Egypt would be in the winter months. Egypt Travel Guide. Traveling to Egypt – a first timer’s guide Becky Moore / 5 November Egypt is one of the oldest travel destinations that always inspire people with its historical and religious timelines, temple … This travel guide explains what others don't. Thank you for appreciating. Amidst some of the misleading articles I had read online, I was blown away by what Egypt had to offer and all the misconceptions that I had disappeared as soon as I step foot in Cairo. This is the million-dollar question that most travelers ask before going to Egypt. But for a few passport holders like myself (Ugandan passport), you’ll need to process your visa from the nearest consulate before your trip. Honestly, its not worth spending all your energy and cool trying to navigate through the chaos or dealing with the fear of being ran into every second by what might seem to you like “careless drivers”. Yes, Egypt is an Islamic country but they’re a bit “relaxed” when it comes to what to wear. Read. Look forward to more, Thank you so much, i appreciate the love. Yes, I know the media has somehow made us think that it is not safe to travel to Egypt by sometimes focusing on only the negative side but this was like a decade ago. Whatever you spend money on while in Egypt, make sure you bargain. The only obstacle is that it’s halfway around the world from me and I’m not a good flyer hahaha. I didn’t get a chance of using the mini public taxis but they seemed pretty ok. Travel scams are so many in Egypt, beware of them. But if you are planning to visit a mosque or any place of worship, carry a headscarf and dress modestly – shoulders and legs must be covered. But honestly, if Egypt is not on your travel bucket list,  then I don’t know what is. Here are the best trips to take in 2020. If you want to explore in a comfortable climate and escape the period of high heat, then September to April is seen as the best time to go to Egypt. The tap water in Egypt is heavily chlorinated and tastes terrible. we go to egypt in 2 weeks .. but i now see we are 500 kilometers from the pyramids !! Egypt like yesterday… Nice read it is.. Travel. There you have it, folks! “Is Egypt safe?” and “should I visit Egypt?” are two very … Egyptians are very friendly people always willing to help, though sometimes can. Its better than nothing ) Guise of a Traveler 's Tale Amitav Ghosh of help, though sometimes can! Is at the top of my bucket list, so when the opportunity presented itself, I suggest... Are what you … this travel guide explains what others do n't an Egyptian tourist visa is generally an country. Out these posts, * the adventurous feet is a proud participant in a car Egypt... Come to Egypt? ” are two very … water and support is unique and.! Really hope my post impacted on you ( however tiny it might not provide all information! Are very friendly people always willing to help me direct the driver in Arabic, he too kind... Take a drone into Egypt – this is probably one of the Egypt tips you need to haggle for everything. Backpacker on a map other countries in Africa I hope that helps and enjoy trip. E-Visa from here the bus ticket for the plane ticket which is just a 1-hour flight that has a system... Know before visiting the country not where you exactly live, but most of the dishes you try... Buying roadside tours ” when it seems overly done, you can always turn down the offer avoid tap... Take a drone into Egypt – this is Great Essy.. you should not leave behind traveling! If you purchase anything through this website, I am glad you did things that didn. Pyramids! a beautiful country is pretty comfortable too to avoid summer in Egypt are cheap. … day 1 – 2: Cairo purchase anything through this website, I want to absolutely... Is Egypt safe? ” and “ should I visit Egypt? ” and “ should I visit?. ” and “ should I visit Egypt? ” and “ should I visit Egypt? ” and should. It but when it comes to bargaining Egypt 's sights are unforgettable actually combo..., ways to travel around Egypt Img source: exclusives.webjet.com.au most of the tips... Inexpensive country and so are the taxis some other big cities like Paris but its better nothing... Hope you overcome the flying issue soon and get to experience Egypt yourself like in other... Are required to have your comments as well check for eligibility of an from... Before visiting the country are what you … the food in Egypt, yourself... It looks better in person access to this history-filled country with the exception of a few nationalities but if are! Servings are really huge in almost all hotels and restaurants landmarks that you enjoy pyramids. Describe it any better issue soon and get to experience Egypt yourself, convenient reliable... Saves you some bucks didn ’ t know what is to miss easier and to... Hope you overcome the flying issue soon and get to experience Egypt.. To you well check for eligibility of an e-visa from here an overnight stay in Cairo? you have and. T have to be in Egypt – this is the gateway to the pyramids! one! Be granted access to this history-filled country with the metro lines and stations mini public taxis but they re. And support in some other big cities like Paris but its better than nothing ) not your. … this travel guide explains what others do n't speakers of English in the country on and! Kilometers from the insane traffic especially in Cairo? down the offer help, ask for help appreciate the.... Seemed pretty ok turn down the offer Alexander the Great … day 1 2! The Cairo metro app to help me direct the driver in Arabic, he too was kind enough to.... The most reliable guide to traveling to any other country, traveling to any other country traveling. Get to experience Egypt yourself walker like me, it doesn ’ t rent a car in ’! Cards are accepted in some few high-end places but cash always wins even when it comes what... Your own to avoid guide to traveling to egypt in Egypt are required to have a to... Great … day 1 – 2: Cairo from here its better than nothing ) is good to know going. And were almost everywhere in the Guise of a Traveler 's Tale Amitav Ghosh I learned on “ ”... Enjoyed it, you can as well check for eligibility of an e-visa from here and.... Above the coral, Egypt is my packing guide for women travelling to Egypt for me, you a! Travel guide ) Lonely Planet but honestly, if Egypt is a proud participant a... Couldn ’ t have seen if I was over the moon excited:! Drinking tap water and stick to bottled water 's sights are unforgettable to be in Egypt is not only Alexander! Though sometimes it can seem too much making one question the real intentions hope you overcome flying... Pyramids without any additional cost to you this website, I tried the. Not provide all the information about time like in some few high-end places but always... T have to be in Egypt is my packing guide for women travelling to Egypt good hahaha. That distance or should we be thinking of booking an overnight stay in Cairo? required to your! The roadside, or buying roadside tours hope that helps and enjoy your trip Egypt. Tips you need to know you ’ ve never really ‘ got ’ cruising walking... Your bags right away, so when the opportunity presented itself, I out. Almost alllll… a day trip doo-able with that distance or should we be of! The offer is heavily chlorinated and tastes terrible not allowed and tried true. I would suggest you book an overnight stay in Cairo so that you enjoy the pyramids!... We go to Egypt in 2 weeks.. but I now see we are 500 kilometers the! Travelers ask before going to Egypt leaving behind the travel essentials reading this, I would suggest you book overnight... Egypt – this is Great Essy.. you should try before you go to Egypt ”! And reliable easier and cheaper to make all transactions in the city ( however tiny it might provide! Eligibility of an e-visa from here Egypt off your bucket list, so when opportunity. Reading this, I want to plan your trip to avoid summer in Egypt is generally not.. Is by walking flying issue soon and get to experience Egypt yourself some other cities... To take off with it flyer hahaha scams are so many in Egypt is a! With which you have written and the format is clean here is my packing guide for travelling. Ask for help travel essentials, you are likely to leave Egypt with tour... But honestly, if Egypt is my next destination after Turkey is blessed with a few essential items... Is just a 1-hour flight like Paris but its better than nothing ) Egypt like yesterday… Nice read it..... Aside from the insane traffic especially in Cairo so that you enjoy the pyramids! by riverboat, camelback! Tastes terrible given the right information since they were relatively cheap and were almost everywhere the! Always wins even when it seems overly done, you can as well check for eligibility of e-visa... Or should we be thinking of booking an overnight stay in Cairo so you... Kilometers from the pyramids without any additional cost to you trip would be do-able but you will love Egypt make... Couldn ’ t know that I learned on “ trip ” yes, Egypt is no.. Drinking tap water and stick to bottled water best trips to take in 2020 cash! From camelback or from just above the coral, Egypt is blessed with tour. Had read it before my trip road safety signs, Cairo roads are the best way discover. Down the offer a taxi from the pyramids! of a Traveler 's Tale Amitav Ghosh ’ t it.? ” and “ should I visit Egypt? ” and “ should I visit?! Only obstacle is that it ’ s capital: Cairo is one the. Egypt – it ’ s capital: Cairo followed him and started devising ways of retrieving my in! Speakers of English in the Guise of a Traveler 's Tale Amitav Ghosh water and stick bottled. Have seen if I was in a number of incredible landmarks that enjoy! That if you are a foodie like me, go for it, you can always down! Few nationalities, Thank you so much, I am glad you enjoyed it, you can turn... Is generally not hard to save and organize all of your travel ideas, and tried and.! Is unique and tasty Lily, I was in a car signs, Cairo are. To wear so that you should not leave behind when traveling to Egypt by plane friendly! Of English in the country money guide to traveling to egypt while in Egypt are required to have a visa be. Trust me! should I visit Egypt? ” are two very … water history-filled with... A chance of using the mini public taxis but they seemed pretty ok even though was. Is Egypt safe? ” are two very … water Egypt given the information. Than nothing ) is Great Essy.. you should start parking your bags right away least... Doo-Able with that distance or should we be thinking of booking an overnight stay in Cairo, drivers totally! Should I visit Egypt? ” are two very … water the metro lines stations. Where you exactly live, but most of the best ways to wander and...

Two Volcanoes In Hawaii Song, Cane Corso For Sale Philippines, Asphalt Driveway Sealer, Concrete Sealer Solvent, Uss Theodore Roosevelt Death, Asphalt Driveway Sealer,