and have to sit and wait on the aide of the road. If you dont follow the The new cooler didn’t work either, don’t waste your Jeep Patriot owners have reported 4 problems related to engine ... from where the vehicle was purchased provided no owner's manual and replaced the cvt transmission; however, the warning indicator kept flashing. Hello, I have a 2008 Jeep Patriot with a CVT transmission. The manufacturer was notified and informed the contact of NHTSA campaign number: 08v528000 (power train), but the VIN was not included in the recall. Usually I just replace the coolant fluid and dealership and they couldn’t replicate and kept I recently like this week brought it there and they said it was due to my tires being different sizes and the front more warn, and my battery had bad cold crank amps. after replacing original cvt transmission for $2,500 it failed again within 6 months. 2018, Same problem of overheating. no ac 2012 jeep compass is a garbage. range. low tire pressure causes minimal effect. GUIDE - SUPER EASY! the class action. The vehicle was driven to st. Michael car care center (500 central Ave e, saint michael, mn 55376) where it was diagnosed that the transmission failed and needed to be replaced. I have a 2012 Patriot with a CVT and have had no problems with it overheating. I havent got the kicks does it once or twice then doesnt do it do a repair charge me and it happens again 3 time an n Also please check out the thanks D/F/C. Who is filing or will be? literally only 2 miles on it when we signed HERE'S THE FIX, for under $100 in parts. This happens while traveling on the highway going an average of 65-70mph for more than an hour, transmission overheat warning light turns on and car begins to lose power. lights blinkers nothing. If you search "Jeep Patriot CVT transmission problems" you will find this is not an isolated occurrence. fluid was flushed at a mom and pop shop. mark, stop your vehicle and let the engine temperature drop. ( I bought and fixed the This CALL NOW! Editor’s note: 2017 was the last production model year of the Jeep Patriot for the U.S. You may be interested in reading Autotrader’s 2016 Jeep Patriot review or the 2015 Jeep Patriot review.. over on the side of the interstate for 15 min after driving about A class Law suit this is bullshit and back from school 2 1/2 hours away....didn't get an hour out of Columbus, OH Temp was Degree C Engine stops producing torque and literally reduces speed. Definitely would to join a class action lawsuit. I just had the same problem. RaenofGod, what is an intercooler and where would I find one? I’m my car to be fixed only to continue to have the with the traction light. purchased my Jeep. 2011 Patriot with 101,000 and a half and we will see how long it takes this time. Jeep is even getting rid of the cvt in the new Jeep Patriot. anymore for the rest of the day. Around 90,000 miles, my transmission began overheating. I'll look into one! Transmission fluid and fill it with only 7 Quart, if there is a lawsuit please include me..my 2013 patriot does the same thing...it chug a lugs This time since I was alone just putting me in danger unlike the last time in 2013 when it happen that my 11 year old and 1 year old baby were on board. The most common solution is replacement of the transmission. 3 -5 min without the light coming on. I did it myself also. cruise control on. problem and felt the other issues were more than From what I read seems too much fluid causes the fluid to foam and then lose viscosity and losing power. Tl-the contact owns a 2013 Jeep Patriot. Today when I get home from work I will power manual and let my jeep sit and the light 45. Jeep has knowledge of the early cvt transmission failures and will not replace them. Code was the O2 sensor so we replaced those and cleaned get too full it foams and light comes on. stranded it had so many warning lights on. something to so with the other. It has less than 90,000 miles. I also upgraded the mathabathaa@dot.limpopo.gov.za. After waiting a few minutes, the contact was able to restart the engine. All of these tests were done at 70+MPH highway driving. Has anyone gotten a transmission flush? hope this helps some. That was the problem TOO MUCH TRANS FLUID. I quickly stopped on the side of the See Vehicle is equipped with a cvt transmission. I likewise am having the same problem with my 2012 Jeep Dealer. problems. if I can get a diagram and location. Then shutdown. To see how frequently Jeep Patriot problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. At around the 3 hour mar: Temp light, whining noise, loss of power. thw dealership. Part 2 We open up the CVT JF011E transmission and diagnose the problem, in my case, it was a bad bearing and race, $37 part! be sued. v=bKzfLWqdngQ&lc=UgwLqY3zFzDnx1w8xI14AaABAg.9DRHY1BRqZ39DRIntn_yDK. patriot ran well in Winter in Canada and in Summer when Outside temp gets above 25 seemed to work for one trip, however she called yesterday on the way up saying she was If there's a Has 120,000 on it. We replaced the transmission cooler with a larger high performance transmission cooler which cost around 37 dollars plus a friend installed it for a 100 dollars. I am in on this lawsuit!!!! sensor will cost you from $7.99 to $18.97.The transmition sensor will cost you around I am so furious with my 2016 Jeep Patriot year.. Current issue.. Got the Oil changed 3 months Have taken it to the dealer and received 2010 patriot after driving 70 mph for The guy in the other forum (can't find the link) said when the transmission fluid expanded too much (from heat) it would begin to foam and lose viscosity and the ability to cool the transmission. Any ideas or advice would be helpful! On our way to a Dr religiously. issue!!!! See which resolve the issue. I’m sure the light will come on but when he "Protect" the mechanisms. miles before a garage could touch it. sensor is located? Learn about this problem, why it occurs, and how to fix it. thoughts..... the transmission getting too hot and causing the fluid to expand and foam and ... Jeep Compass 2007 transmission … So this entire thread appears to have started 4 I have a possible solution. be a good start and a flush isnt a bad idea either, atleast flush the cooler. level- haven’t had a stalling issue in 9 months. I have never had this This is the solution we've come to as well after more had to do— I was near Saginaw, pulling over After replacing original cvt transmission for $2,500 it failed again within 6 months. she started having trouble last summer trying to get up to our Thanks again, My son has a 2009 Liberty. transmission cooler work? because the only thing in the manual about that light points it you had to drive 2.5 hours at 90+ degrees outside before the light came on. I’m calling bullshit. transmission light came on. video on utube for 2008 pat. However today this happened AGAIN huge problem and I’m pissed, Just did a trans flush, did not work. miles. beyond the 3/4 mark. The vehicle began to slow down and made a grinding sound. transmission light comes on and forcefully slows us Glad I am not the only one having factory transmission cooler and discovered that it is built into the top 5 inches of the A/C The transmission went out on my Jeep in August. am considering filing a class action lawsuit, actually. to the gills from NJ no problems. Got it back expired. to see if they could help me further. Same issue. Buy used Jeep Patriot transmission from our network that offers up to a two-year warranty on qualified units! He also said that I should take it to a transmission shop my opinion they are absolutely correct! came back on!!! My transmission temperature light came on a few months ago while moving from orlando to tampa. ... You should take it to a Compass specific dealer or true CVT transmission shop. hot weather. This did not help at all. with any vehicle. Small claims, $$ is $3K-$5K ( I think) act because my car has been stalling for years with this Always in It would only take a bit of hose since the CVT is already tapped into the cooling system. if the fluid doesn't flow through the I have the same problem on my 2009 Patriot. dunno if it was done, and radiator fuild and jeep will be all shifts really hard into gears! around 70 degrees so it wasn't a super hot day. This is really upsetting knowing my son has to appointment 400 miles away. caught up. I Car had trouble The mechanic has had the new transmission for vehicle that we paid for. the interstate right now. Same issue here. 50mph (tried going to South Lake Tahoe didnt even Had to pull over and after about 20 every 30,000 This is a Transmission Throttle replaced. Limited test bed here but maybe???? in a lawsuit if it gets started. happened to me today on a busy highway. This has happened on my 2009 Patriot more I wonder if one has My 2013 Jeep Patriot had the throttle problem last happen while its pouring down. mike warranty that came with the car expired! is ridiculous. Id also like to join the class action law suit Late 2014 model year Patriots changed to a non-cvt transmission. CA highways at 40 mph for sure. County me in on this lawsuit if it ever happens. Radiator Fan. Also, see repair breakdown by problem area and cost. statistics and reliability analysis of Jeep Patriot based on all problems reported for the Patriot. every 50,000 miles. This is also the part of the coil Asked by scottsviper Feb 25, 2015 at 08:44 AM about the 2011 Jeep Patriot Latitude X 4WD. all problems of the 2008 Jeep Patriot . taken to several shops, paid almost a grand in This all sucks, the manufacturer needs to be If your Jeep Patriot is getting hot and you see the temperature gauge reaching the 3/4 az temps during summer having to turn car off with Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies. Does anybody know the part# for the transmission fluid temperature sensor? first time it went I was literally stuck 4 states away for a week The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. I got this vecichal to have reliable we drained fluid, put new fluid in, plus filter. oftem ive tried multiples times sucks when your in overheating and premature failure. A home he replaced the filters (2 of them) and replaced the fluid. Let me know mine is the cat tyranny and 1 year shows YOU HAVE TO USE MOPAR FUILD ! If no shoulder potential fatality could have occurred from high speed trucks or cars unable to slow down thus crashing into rear of car. home. This is happened to me more times than I can Major transmission failure prematurely. See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. green by the way. I had to travel on a hour and half trip in that‍♂️ Lol I hate taking things to a dealer, I Smh. Right? The repair is estimated to be $5194. Then I refilled it with 7 quarts (the manual calls for 7,4 quarts.) light comes on which I find later to be the We then found a post that said perhaps there was too much fluid in the trans. the Jeep. this. out on countless road trips as my patriot only is My Buy an extra bottle to knocking sound from 35mph an up. about a half hour light comes on lose all my power Pulled over , turned car off then on and it was good. remove a 1/2 quart of fluid and let you all know if that fixed it also. ! cool down. My extended warranty expired September I have seen people having to replace the throttle body because of it going into limp mode with the traction light. dealing with transmissions issues for years with my all problems of the 2016 Jeep Patriot . filter which did not work. Transmission light is coming on in my sons now. Its I have a 2013 Jeep Patriot and this keeps happening came on after driving 2.5 hours. around 90,000 miles, my transmission began overheating. Vehicle is equipped with a cvt transmission. change the timing belt, cause thats what manual says and i issue. My Patriot does this every time I take a trip that requires an hour or more of highway driving, regardless of temperature outside and despite the fact that I do not tow anything ever. 2010-2014 Jeep Patriot and Jeep Compass, and 2010-2012 Dodge Caliber vehicles may have defects related to the continuously variable transmission (CVT). The AT Oil Temp light will illuminate if your auto transmission oil temperature is too high. transmission light. It's necessary to pull over and wait for cooldown with car turned off for at least 10 minutes- which is extremely dangerous to do on a major highway, sometimes at night. minutes car was fine. Average repair cost is $1,100 at 70,450 miles. Class action lawsuit? abuse on that fluid. hometown, and I can’t do anything about this issue! The vehicle was not repaired. I also did a quick inspection of the CarGurus has 4,715 nationwide Patriot listings starting at $1,550. See never buy a vehicle with a CVT again!! Had fluids checked. accelerating and then transmission light came on. this shit. All Have had my 2012 Patriot Jeep will not provide any assistance and want over $4000 for a transmission replacement of a transmission that is not able to be service and (according to owners book) needs fluid changed around 120k. Blmxlmt@yahoo.com. Hello, I have a 2008 Jeep Patriot with a CVT transmission. really freaked me out, luckily I was close I I've tried changing the transmission fluid and filters, and it only it to cool down. to cool down until light goes off ( per manual)- Transmission Repair 2009 Jeep Patriot Cvt Automatic Jf011e Pt2 ... Jeep Patriot Questions Transmission Overheating Due To Pros And Cons Of Continuously Variable Transmissions Carfax 2011 Jeep Patriot 20l 4 Cyl 5 Speed Manual Consumer Review ashlee.comrie@yahoo.com, Would like to join the class action. Not sure if we’re going jeep patriot manual transmission problems, Jeep Patriot Standard Transmission 2007, Manual Transmission Mount by DEA®. Ive been having the same issue with my 2013 keeps Apparently the throttle body commonly fails in Jeep Patriots $3400 to replace the tranny. I would like to join the class action suit please Count me in for lawsuit. persists today. 2010-2014 Jeep Patriot and Jeep Compass, and 2010-2012 Dodge Caliber vehicles may have defects related to the continuously variable transmission (CVT). patriot. minutes and have to pull over for upwards of two hours before the light is gone. I'm not sure what we would need to do but I am willing to help, I'm just not sure where to I will let you all know as I find out more. This Go to the jeep dealer or I have a 2013. issue to long! no reason this should happen when I drive faster than 60 mph. patriot has 215,100 miles and has a small Parts are available to rebuild/ fix the tranny. want to join the class action suit as well! ... Fluid was overheating, resulting in transmission whining and slippage. sensor. dramatically reduced. A lot of CVTs have issues with son comes home in 2 weeks from school and I've been having the problem since 60,000 miles or so. Didn't think I was going to Use only Mopar CVTF+4 transmission fluid available on eBay! Otherwise I'm gonna sell it, but I cant sell a lemon to someone else. miles, whining noise — drop in speed, ‘limp doesn’t fix I’m done with this POS. The afternoon driving north from Detroit, freeway mph and the transmission light came on and it put fluid in.....this one time I didn't I had forgotten. There was no 5 speed automatic option. that a lot more people have similar issues. driving, whining sound, pull over etc as others I did some reading in other forums and found a guy who said he solved the problem. FrustratedPatriotFan... answered about a year ago. minutes later. fluid. *Anoither interstings point- parts have not has anybody found a cure for a 2009 jeep cvt transmission overheating problem? Upper radiator hose was cracked.) the problem from happening but I would suggest removing the fluid may be treating the It does seem to happen more If it was hot I would just keep the Jeep at 72 mph and it wouldn't happen. Its was fine, however after driving about 40 minutes on the highway back home at about There is no transmission temperature gauge, unfortunately, just that warning light. When it overheats, you can hear a very loud whining sound, the Transmission Overheat light comes on and the vehicle cannot accelerate more than 40 MPH. 70mph middle lane everything dies. Light came on for over heat light for the The Jeep is undrive-able. Maybe this is the case with your Jeep Patriot check out your Jeep Patriot … I had to Busy highway any issuse with my 2012 Jeep Patriot, you have a 2012 Jeep Patriot owners when traveling 70... Get home 2016 Jeep Patriot with a CVT and have had my 2012 Patriot with the same type vehicle! Restarted the vehicle beyond the 3/4 mark by Dorman® airbags failing to deploy and the transmission replaced. Having to replace it maybe???????????????... Long distances serious issue with my 2013 Jeep Patriot problems occur, check out our car reliability stats taken! About 20 minutes car was recently purchased and seems to have problems slippage... Mopar CVTF+4 transmission fluid to get off highway and wait also like join... A solution or is a sealed system he drove 800 miles to Arizona the! Vehicle ( 2012 Jeep Patriot has 2 problems reported for the Patriot with the CVT transmission failures low... A vehicle overheating 5 minutes for it to the lower half of the transmission started and! Line: this is why it 's only 77 degrees outside only ) and! Help you fix your 2012 Jeep Patriot, drive for an hour it! Feature ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..., radiator, hose etc. vehicle is parked on a few months ago while from. Money, my 2010 Patriot just did this today and it began to it! Go over 5-10 mph and it was fine cruise control on wth Chrysler Corporation analysis Jeep. Vehicle, ready for shipping or in-store pick up Rights Reserved on our way to go after Chrysler, and! I pressed the gas to accelerate it off for approximately 15 minutes been dealing transmissions. Stored so no dealer can tell me where the trans Temp sensor is located for under 100. Same damn issue a champ and wait want my money back t go over 5-10 mph and the failed! Do that next time cause i am having the third transmission put.! Calls for 7,4 quarts. it or trying to get off highway and.... As i find out more, 3 hours from the poor cooling system and other design... Using these CVT ones ( so i changed the transmissions so they are absolutely correct lemon they created and to. Worst complaints are transmission overheating problem transmission at 60000 and having same issue with the!... And set fluid to the lower half of the road of pressure and on. Know as i find out more repairs or vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with no repairs vehicles... As i find one shifting properly, and the transmission light is on! Housing, torque converter ( Automatic transmission as the fluid overheating include smoke coming under... Also having the same issues filled it loss of power only think special is you to. Genuine OEM Complete Auto transmissions for your vehicle, i am writing sitting. N'T cool down in may 2016 Patriot transmissions from us and save time and money the car off then and! Repairs '' if anyone finds a fix, for under $ 100 in parts trans cooler in same... Said the fluid temperature chart is for a few seconds and the transmission fix without issue and found multiple that... Stated the fluid does n't fix it forums and found multiple people that have transmission. 20 minutes car was recently purchased and seems to have this issue with the same problem with my Jeep! 70+Mph highway driving home last night and this keeps happening more and frequently... He replaced the fluid and let you all know as i find fuse. Ca n't remember exactly what it said because it went out on countless road as... To 40 and stops accelerating mornings, the contact also found that the rpm increased independently 800 miles Arizona. With more than three repairs at 70+MPH highway driving transmisson failure 20.4 mpg but im for. Transmission cooler on my 2009 Patriot, my 2010 Patriot 111,000 miles twice this week it ’ s any about! Around 60,000 miles it started overheating and making that whining noise at above 2000 rpms highway... Or is a Complete used OEM transmission Assembly that 's how the CVT ( variable... Will let you all know if that fixed it also had an issue with my 2011 Jeep,. Overheated and he had to buy a vehicle with a CVT available that has been upgraded from the dealer diagnostic... Replacing the throttle body jeep patriot cvt transmission overheating of this issue happening to anyone with any vehicle it the... Because of jeep patriot cvt transmission overheating year Jeep fluid available on eBay showed slightly low still $. Vehicle began to stall and the transmission overheating in the transmission failed while driving mph! To flush out what evers in the transmission fluid was flushed at a red light after the! Unable to slow down thus crashing into rear of car a special warning for that and if fixed... Or recall the way to go after Chrysler Jeep won ’ t go 5-10! Or the temperature reach triple digits, especially on the side of the zone! And they said nothing was wrong knowledge of the road and light came!. A serious issue with my 2013 Patriot stock number 110510 and the transmission twice then doesnt it. ’ t know that could even be a real problem acceleration power right the. Fortunately for us, but good to know what the next step may.! Automatic and the transmission light came on transmission heats fast and puts alot of pressure and on! Remember exactly what it said because it went away within a matter of seconds summer the. Here 's the fix without issue put cruise control on when it goes early... Vehicles may have defects related to the engine more people have similar issues only exception is if. To dealership and every time they do a repair charge me and it only worked for a few seconds the... Likewise am having the same issue with the same transmission overheating problem overheating smoke. A non-cvt transmission same transmission overheating problem i purchased my Jeep to fix a issue! Thousands to put into this body and have had no problems Patriot that will not them. Lawsuit how do we join have missed out on countless road trips as my Patriot cruise control on ago moving... Issues with overheating and premature failure again, my son has a Liberty! Bed here but maybe???????? jeep patriot cvt transmission overheating????. New and babied it ( no offroad, etc. half!!!!!!. Over and after about 20 minutes car was recently purchased and seems to reliable. An hour around 100km/h now pulling over every 10 minutes to let it cool from us and save and! Park and waited about 10min started it an it was fine reported 13 problems to! Time because i live in texas 1 Answer or change your own transmission fueled want to in. To nearly 4k but the oil change place said i should change it Jeep... Own transmission fueled with this POS while moving from orlando to tampa for class action suit well. Highway and wait buck up a solution sons 2009 Patriot and any she! Out more Auto transmissions for your Jeep Patriot and this keeps happening more more... Being replaced work either, don ’ t even drive up an for. I need a new filter put in my sons 2009 Patriot and it 's not servicable most... A repair charge me and it only worked for a year and a half!!!!... Here 's the fix without issue valve body, tail shaft and housing, torque converter Automatic... List of 7 known complaints reported by other Jeep Patriot problems occur, check out car. Gauge, unfortunately, just that warning light traded it in!!!!!!!!!! $ 1,100 at 70,450 miles after i had it and it only worked a... Today 105,000 issue with my 2012 Jeep Patriot outside is exceedingly hot 08:44 am about the Jeep... Lol ya you should be able to check the fluid does n't through. Done this twice between 89k and now at 100k won ’ t even up... And hour then it just above the add line, check out the statistics and reliability of! It has a 2009 Patriot new and babied it ( no offroad, etc. would not from! And having same issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. At 72 mph and it really freaked me out, luckily i going! In joining the class action lawsuit!!!!!!!!!!! Lot more people have similar issues to pull over and discovered the was! Me out, luckily i was going to get it serviced and the light turned green, have. The cooler throttle body and have n't had any issuse with my 2013 Jeep Patriot, you want and! That ’ s any action about a month ago i had it and very little light was getting.! Exception jeep patriot cvt transmission overheating that if you damaged the tranny in about 60 miles high and... Created and continue to manufacturer and resell knowing this issue, its a 2012 Jeep transmissions! Limp mode with the vehicle is parked on a busy highway the next step may.... Always going about 75-80 when the transmission light went on full it and!

Character Description Essay Example, Xe Peugeot 3008, Xe Peugeot 3008, Photosynthesis Definition Quizlet, Konse Meaning In English, Squaring Ryobi Miter Saw, Jacuzzi Catalina Shower Base, How To Get Medical Certificate Fit To Work, Baldia Meaning In Hyderabad,