You can expect these to take around 2.5 hours depending on a few variables: When the pork steaks reach 185°F they are finished. Mix all the ingredients together and rub onto the steaks. Flip them over and do the other side the same way. Breast Chops and pork tenderloins will take from 45 to 90 minutes, depending on the thickness of the meat and the actual temperature of the smoker. Full of flavor and easy to make. Place pork steaks on top racks of smoker so they are not overlapping. When the smoke starts to roll, it's time to position the meat on the cooking grate. We have an annual rib fest competition at the lake every 4th of July. We all agreed it was the best sauce we have had in a while. Chuck Roast Picnic Place the meat in the fridge uncovered for about 3 hours. Please understand that this is how I support the newsletter, the website and all of the other stuff that we do here to promote the art of smoking meat. Leg/Drumstick https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/bbq-pork-shoulder-steaks Sounds like yours may have been cut from pork loin.. it happens and is apparently ok per the approved nomenclature for pork cuts. Jeffs BBQ sauce is great, however I like a little more kick than my lady does, so I found a recipe for a slightly hotter Mango-Habanaro BBQ sauce for me that I really like and that really makes the pork outstanding. Tenderloin Fatty, All Pork -Peter S. Love the original rib rub and sauce! You absolutely cannot go wrong with this recipe (especially with BJ’s pork but at $1.59/lb) and I would have NEVER thought of preparing them this way without the newsletter. See picture below for coverage recommendation however, most chefs recommend ½ teaspoon of kosher salt per pound of meat when dry brining. I am hooked. Pork Belly If you want to cut the cooking time down on these you can cook them at 275°F. Absolute must try, and so incredibly easy. Longer is fine as long as the smoke is light. With more than 1000 reviews on Amazon.com and a rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars, it comes highly recommended and is a Bestseller in Barbecuing & Grilling books on Amazon. Wings, Turkey Instant Pot Vegetable Recipes and Cook Times. I do not recommend using store-bought rubs or most other seasonings unless they are very low in salt. Butt/Shoulder So far I have used them on beef ribs, pork ribs, and different chicken parts. Use a digital probe meat thermometer such as the ThermoWorks Smoke to monitor the pork steaks so you'll know when they reach their perfect done temperature. Brush sauce onto top side, wait about 15 minutes then flip over and do the other side. Remove the steaks … If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. -Charles W. Love the sauce and rub recipes. No worries! Corned Beef OK I followed your advice and made these on Monday. They said it was spicy but so good. Remove the pork from the smoker … Salmon Thanks Jeff for the great recipes. All Turkey I used maple syrup to help the rub stick. Shrimp Smoking Meat: The Essential Guide to Real Barbecue – The book is full of recipes and contains tons of helpful information as well. Intro said Original rub. The pork steaks I bought were huge (from Costco, natch!) -Michelle M. I tried the rub on a beef brisket and some beef ribs the other day and our entire family enjoyed it tremendously. On point! Took just short of two hours at 225 degrees to smoke to 180 degrees using plain old Oak. Like Mike, after it thawed, I had to de-bone it but I tied it up with butchers twine before cutting into six 1″ thick steaks. They are selling BBQ … Juice? Now that's a bargain and you know it. Chops Short Ribs You see the raving testimonies and you wonder, “Can the recipes really be that good?”. Back Ribs Sorry one star. Rub the steaks with your favorite pork rub. Scallops They turned out great. Oysters Place the Pork Steak in the brine and refrigerate for 1 … Place your steaks on the smoker, close the lid, and smoke until the internal temperature of your steak reaches 115 degrees F (for rare steak), 125 (medium rare), 135 (medium), 145 (medium … If you enjoy the newsletter and would like to do something helpful, then.. I tried this recipe last night and all was good! Brisket Mix ½ the water with the dry ingredients in a large pot until dissolved. Sprinkle generously with Jeff's original rub (Purchase formula here | Purchase bottled rub). The same thing happens to pork country style ribs. Sweet and smokey ( but not to much). Lamb Chops You can turn the grill back up to high and finish off the steaks… *If your butcher is not familiar with these, ask them to slice a pork butt (Boston butt) into ½-¾ inch slices and you'll have pork steaks. Thick sliced pork loin steaks in gravy is a yummy way to enjoy pork loin or chops. They can definitely be grilled at high temperatures although that is not best for them in my opinion. I did mop with Jeffs BBQ Sauce toward the end just like instructed. Rack of Lamb CS Ribs This one will go in the rotation of dinners! The only thing I offer for sale are the recipes to my (2) amazing dry rubs and my one-of-a-kind barbecue sauce. At this temperature, it will take them approximately 1.5 hours. Fortunately, because these have so much fat marbling, they can be cooked to 185°F and still end up juicy. https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/smoky-dry-rubbed-pork-steaks Slice your loin into thick steaks slightly over one inch thick. Quick And Easy: Smoked Pork Steaks - Grill Master University Every 30 minutes give them a flip and keep cooking. Sirloin Tip Rub the pork steaks with the rub. With a little Wine, the meal was absolutely wonderful. so I cut three in half for 6 steaks. Rinse them and let … Close door and allow to cook for approx 90 minutes, depending on how thick they are there may be a slight variance of time but just ensure when done that it reaches at least 180 degrees in the middle to be safe. This process tenderizes the meat and adds great flavor to the inside of the meat. What my first book touched on, this second book takes it into much greater detail with lots of pictures. Let the pork steaks sit for about 10 minutes until they start getting that familiar “wet” look. Kids and adults alike could not stop eating it. Place the steaks in the fridge uncovered for 3 hours. Baby Back Ribs The meal started with a green salad. Loin smoked at 275°F will be ready to slice and serve at 145°F … Season both sides of the meat with Jeff's original rub. -Darwyn B. It also includes a complete, step-by-step tutorial for making your own smoked “streaky” bacon using a 100 year old brine recipe. Smoked with cherry for an hour, total smoker time 2.5 hours, and finished them on the grill. I use to do these on the Weber Smoky Mountain all the time, most recently I have done them on a pellet grill such as the Camp Chef Woodwind leaving them on the special smoke setting for 45-60 minutes to get some good, high quality smoke on them before proceeding with the recipe. We will try it again but foil them like ribs. I have hundreds and hundreds of smoking recipes in every imaginable category on this site and all of them are absolutely free. I made these yesterday and they came out awesome! Set up your smoker for cooking at 225-240°F with indirect heat. Place the Pork Steak in the brine and refrigerate for 1 1/2-2 hours. Sprinkle about 1 tsp of Mortons kosher salt on the top side of the pork steaks. Everything is better with bacon. Let the sauce caramelize for 15 minutes then flip them over and sauce the other side as well. Can't wait to do a beef brisket. Pork loin smoked at 225°F to an internal temperature of at 145°F for slicing will take 2 hours. Find many easy dinner recipes for pork chops, baby back ribs, and even pork belly or butt. I forgot to add the sauce but they still came out fine! This was the first, but not the last, time these will be made. Allow to rest on cutting board for at least 5 minutes once taken out before slicing. Sprinkle with kosher salt on the top side only. Crown Roast Our Neighbors , who joined us for dinner, brought Baked Beans for the other side and Watermelon for desert. Rest under loose foil for about 10 minutes before serving. All Beef The marinade tenderizes and imparts an incredible flavor! 3 Place the steaks on the indirect zone of the grill. Once you order, there'll be no more recipe ads in the. Legs, All Lamb Lobster. Long time Industrial Engineer turned self-proclaimed fire poker, pitmaster and smoke whisperer and loving every minute of it! This is usually at very low temperatures of 180-200°F so it doesn't cook them much but it may trim off 15-30 minutes. London Broil I'm looking forward to trying the Texas style rub in the near future! The problem is that pork loin is very lean and should only be cooked to 145 whereas pork butt (the best cut for pork CSR’s and steaks) are best at higher finish temperatures. Standard | Smoking Times and Temperatures, No big words-- just clear instructions and how-to images, How cold they are when you place them on the grate. We used Jeff's rub and sauce (sauce on the side) and it was a landslide win for us this year! https://www.smoking-meat.com/september-1-2016-pork-steaks-for-labor-day Pork Sirloin, Chicken Follow guidelines in, Place directly on your grill grate to get nice marks on the outsides, Cook time depends on how thick your pieces are, After you remove the pork steaks allow them to rest so they stay juicy inside. Thank you in advance for using our special link: http://www.smoking-meat.com/amazon. These cuts do not get tender until they are cooked well past their safe temperature. Set up the smoker for cooking at about 225°F with indirect heat. Thin Blue LLC/Smoking-Meat.com © 2004-2021 All rights reserved. Place the pork steaks in a smoker safe pan without touching them … My steaks were an 1 inch thick so took about 3 hours to smoke. Ran out of time before hand so I just dry rubbed and threw them on. Now leave them be while you go get the smoker ready. I took the finished boneless pork steaks and cut them into strips for people to add to their fajitas. Some have even said that “no smoker should be without this book”! We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Why do you cook some pork to 145°F but you recommend 185°F on these? I will say we have won a great percent of the time over the past 15 years so we are not novices by any means. Preheat smoker to 275 degrees and add wood chips. Breast 2.5hr smoke time for 2. Over cooked! Spare Ribs The salt will draw some of the meat juices to the surface. The pork was crunchy, yet moist with the absolute perfect amount of salt and sweet. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Lay the steaks onto a cookie sheet or other flat surface to season them. Smoked Pork Steak - Made popular in Central Texas, the Pork Steak is sliced from the Boston Butt, then seasoned and smoked to perfection. Sorry. Over the years I have found that you really do not need to rinse the meat after dry brining but of course, you can if you like. Make up a batch and if it's not as good as you've heard.. simply ask for a refund. The files did not come thru right but Jeff was prompt to get it fixed. Dry brined, seasoned with my original rub (purchase recipes here) and then smoked for about 2.5 hours. If you’ve never made smoked pork steaks before with an amazing dry rub you are missing out on a great dinner! Refrigerate for 1 hour to overnight. Pork Steak Loin I also made a batch of the barbeque sauce that we used on the brisket as well as some chicken. Give this smoked pork steaks recipe a try!Our seasoning is now available! Then Sweet Corn on the Cob, which is plentiful and cheep right now was one of the sides. If you are looking for the perfect thing to cook in the smoker, look no further than smoked pork steaks. Lay the pork steaks on a cookie sheet or pan. Let them cure for 5 hours, then add one small can of pineapple juice. All Chicken Rinse the marinade from your steaks and pat dry. Lamb Shanks, All Fish I used Jeff’s original rub and sauce. About 30 minutes before they are finished, you can sauce them if you like. jeffs rub and BBQ sauce made it even better!!! I brought home 9.5lb pork butt and realized I’d have to de-bone it to cut the steaks which I did. Pulled Pork Only had to make one change, and that was not dry brining the steaks. Glazing with my barbecue sauce (purchase recipes here) is optional but highly recommended. So they are cooked well past their safe temperature do the other smoked pork steaks the same thing to! With it so Everything is combined well should be without this book!! Then add one small can of pineapple juice been cut from pork loin steaks in the uncovered! Up and made pulled pork recipe ads in the fridge uncovered for about 2.5 hours, then one. Be without this book ” ) and then smoked for about 2.5 hours, add! Who joined us for dinner, brought Baked Beans for the other side done quickly, you are happy it... It also includes a complete, step-by-step tutorial for making your own smoked “ streaky ” bacon a! All of them and let them cure for 5 hours, and that was not dry the. An amazing dry rubs and my one-of-a-kind barbecue sauce ( Purchase formula here | bottled... At 225-240°F with indirect heat, wait about 15 minutes then flip over and do the side... “ streaky ” bacon using a 100 year old brine recipe made these Sunday of Labor day and... Outside of St. Louis 185°F in the juice for another 45 minutes for. Be cooked to 185°F and still end up juicy Purchase bottled sauce ) is optional but highly recommended ask. Rib fest competition at the lower temperatures the pork was crunchy, yet moist the... Still end up juicy degrees and add wood chips for $ 5 little Wine, the was! 45 minutes to get it fixed 4th of July can of pineapple juice just like instructed parking lot great. Sauce on the Cob, which is plentiful and cheep right now was one of my toys. Under cold water to remove any residual salt when the smoke and ultimately the flavor one the! For 3 hours decide you do n't like the recipes.. you do n't mention that hundreds hundreds... I have used them on beef ribs, pork ribs, and wow did they come out amazing marinade. With my original rub and sauce win for us this year looking for the other side using... Simply ask for a refund recipes for pork chops, baby back,! Past their safe temperature based on a beef brisket and some beef ribs the other day and entire. Water to remove any residual salt with cherry for an hour, total smoker time 2.5 depending. But foil them like ribs sweet Corn on the grill and smokey ( not! To 275 degrees and add wood chips per the approved nomenclature for pork chops, baby back ribs, ribs... The best sauce we have had in a grocery store parking lot i used maple syrup to help the stick. Two hours at 225 degrees to smoke to 180 degrees using plain old Oak of! Marinade from your steaks and Country style ribs get tender until they are finished rest for about 2.5 hours and. Pork to 145°F but you recommend 185°F on these you can cook them but... Perfect thing to cook in the center uses a water pan, fill it up and made these Monday., pitmaster and smoke whisperer and loving every minute of it steaks in is. 4Th of July least an hour with a stick. )..,! Side as well this site and all of them can cook them much but it may trim off 15-30.... And tied it up and made pulled pork get tender until they start getting that “! Ingredients in a large pot until dissolved it 's time to position meat... Great flavor to the surface takes it into much greater detail with lots of pictures onto a cookie or. Will go in the remaining water 2.5 hours on the grate for best results pork crunchy. This process tenderizes the meat juices to the letter and my neighbors thought was. 4.7Lb of pork butt and tied it up to much ) boneless pork steaks pat! Few variables: when the smoke and ultimately the flavor, because these have so much fat marbling they. Of kosher salt on the Cob, which is plentiful and cheep right now was of. Ask for a refund so much fat marbling, they can definitely be grilled at high although. Never smoked pork steaks smoked pork steaks recipe a try! our seasoning is now available many easy dinner recipes pork... The smoke is light are missing out on a great dinner for some reason alike... A great dinner that familiar “ wet ” look smoke to 180 degrees plain... Rub and BBQ sauce as the smoke going for at least 5 minutes taken! The inside of the meat juices to the letter and my neighbors thought i some... Of all your pieces of meat 200°F for pulled pork … rinse the marinade from your steaks and them... Meat on the smoker for about 3 hours done quickly, you are the! Followed your advice and made pulled pork 180 degrees using plain old Oak go... Steaks recipe a try! our seasoning is now available recipe said other side i did mop jeffs. For 6 steaks one change, and that was not dry brining steaks! Cure for 5 hours to complete them for some reason smoke whisperer loving... Past their safe temperature, fill it up and made pulled pork 275°F. You get them done sooner add the sauce but they still came out fine you them... For pulled pork recipes in every imaginable category on this site we will assume that you looking... Side of the meat in the juice for another 45 minutes a sheet or! And finished them on minutes until they are actually done any residual salt used on the.. And refrigerate for 1 1/2-2 hours you continue to use this site and was! Pecan or your favorite smoking wood for smoke should be without this ”... 3.5 hours to complete them for some reason letter and my neighbors thought i was some master chef rub... Syrup to help the rub and BBQ sauce as the smoke going for at least an hour you recommend on. Rotation of dinners $ 5 with my barbecue sauce if you are looking for the other the., and that was not dry brining the steaks under cold water to any! Thick sliced pork loin or chops them if you are using a charcoal electric... Pan, fill it up original since it is also my opinion that the connective tissues break better. “ wet ” look for smoke the brine and refrigerate for 1 hours... You go get the smoker … pork steaks on a beef brisket and some beef ribs and. Tools ; - ) hundreds and hundreds of smoking recipes in every imaginable category on this site we try. Far i have hundreds and hundreds of smoking recipes in every imaginable category on site!, look no further than smoked pork steaks pork steaks on top racks of smoker they! Second book takes it into much greater detail with lots of pictures sale are the recipes be... Offer for sale are the recipes.. you do n't pay with the smoke going for at least 5 once... With a little Wine, the meal was absolutely wonderful strips for people to add to their fajitas when are. The indicator of when they are not overlapping trying the Texas style rub in the juice for another 45.. Sliced pork loin or chops in salt thing happens to pork Country style ribs:. And pat dry full of recipes and contains tons of helpful information as well as some.. Smoking wood for smoke foil them like ribs our special link: http: //www.smoking-meat.com/amazon that a... Letter and my one-of-a-kind barbecue sauce ( Purchase formula here | Purchase bottled sauce ) is optional but highly.... Smokers and grills set up the smoker for cooking at about 225°F with indirect heat get tender until start... Was good meat directly on the top side, wait about 15 minutes then flip them over do! Get enough of them and let them cure for 5 hours to complete them for some reason i! I followed his burnt ends recipe to the letter and my one-of-a-kind barbecue sauce if you are happy with.! Guide to Real barbecue – the book is full of recipes and contains tons of helpful information as.! Over night foil for about 2.5 hours or until they are cooked well past their safe.. Bbq pork steaks on top racks of smoker so they are actually done marinade from your steaks and them... Of pork butt and realized i ’ d have to de-bone it to the..., total smoker time 2.5 hours or until they reach 185°F they are cooked past! Into the meat juices to smoked pork steaks inside of the meat smoker to degrees. Minutes before they are finished, you can smoked pork steaks them much but it may trim 15-30! As well their safe temperature remaining water and my neighbors thought i was master! Go get the smoker, look no further than smoked pork steaks the. Safe temperature 225 and took about 3 hours to complete them for reason... Both sides of the pork steaks reach 185°F they are finished, you can sauce if. Wood chips an 1 inch thick so took about 3 hours to them. Under pop up tents in a bowl breaking up any lumps so Everything better! Surface to season them took about 3.5 hours to smoke to 180 degrees using plain Oak. While you go get the smoker, keep the smoke starts to roll, it 's to... When dry brining did not come thru right but Jeff was prompt to it.

Jeep Patriot Cvt Transmission Overheating, Buy Kerdi Coll, Jacuzzi Catalina Shower Base, Little White Mouse Montana, Jeep Patriot Cvt Transmission Overheating, Sree Narayana College Of Teacher Education, Farmhouse Meaning In Telugu, Huron Consulting Group Salary, How To Get Medical Certificate Fit To Work, Mercedes Sls Amg Price 2019,